Aug 26, 2014
Round 10 - British Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 12

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 18th December 2016
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Silverstone Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Informed absences: @CameronB

Last edited:

SonOfMaw

Grandmaster of Spreadsheet Table Thingies
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Once more unto the breach dear friends, once more...

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Euro Truck Simulator 12hour convoy + this :drool:

SonOfMaw

Grandmaster of Spreadsheet Table Thingies
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
New pedals arrived - lovely bit of kit. After a bit of acclimatization, I think they're helping with my throttle on corner exits, I'm able to modulate the last few percent a lot better - did a bunch of laps @ Austria with no sudden rear snaps. Also improved my TT by .4 ;) I'm hoping if I can gain a bunch of confidence with the handling, I can concentrate more on the racing and avoid the stupid mistakes that are putting me out of races.

Ranger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 3 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Again I don't know what is happening.... I did 20 laps off TT and couldn't beat my time then jump straight into a quickrace and instantly beat my TT time.....

I love but hate this track. It's such a good track just not for me, it never has been in any F1 games which is such a pity as coming off a win you want to do your best.

I think I'll play this one by strat instead of pace and hope for the best, it's quite a long pitstop which might help but I don't know.

Right now, low 32's aren't guna cut it in Qualy.

Reactions: H_pro1

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Didn't work out for me :D
I'd be done if that happened. I'm okay going round the track but the raw pace I had in previous races isn't there just the consistent pace. Will that be enough? Time will tell lol

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
This is one of my favourite tracks, and I think therefore one of my strongest. Seriously looking forward to this one.

Based on the general fact that the more I like a circuit, the faster I am at it.

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
This is one of my favourite tracks, and I think therefore one of my strongest. Seriously looking forward to this one.

Based on the general fact that the more I like a circuit, the faster I am at it.
Well that it then, 4 days and 5 nights of practice to spoil it for ya :)

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
Well that it then, 4 days and 5 nights of practice to spoil it for ya :)

^This doesn't mean I'm going to do well lol.

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
^This doesn't mean I'm going to do well lol.
No but it means your confident of your ability here :) that's enough to make me practice lol

CianF1

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 17, 2016
ok ill probably be able to make it. my 2nd favourite track on the calendar. hoping for top 3

Reactions: Stevie

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
No but it means your confident of your ability here :) that's enough to make me practice lol
This to me is proof you genuinely think it'll be me v you for the title. Whereas I'm just sitting here, and have been since Monaco really, waiting for you to take the championship lead lol

only4win

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 23, 2016
I'm not waiting this at all. I'm not in love with this track but I'll do my best :)

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
This to me is proof you genuinely think it'll be me v you for the title. Whereas I'm just sitting here, and have been since Monaco really, waiting for you to take the championship lead lol
Not at all but your leading right now and until that changes I got to do my best but by all means keep sitting there :p

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I really like this circuit, definitely one of the best on the calender. I managed a 30.4 just now in TT, which I think is okay. Not sure what that will translate to online though.

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
I really like this circuit, definitely one of the best on the calender. I managed a 30.4 just now in TT, which I think is okay. Not sure what that will translate to online though.
And @Blue Inquisitor wins the British Grand Prix!

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
I cannot beat the time I set in the TT sign ups:p

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Now I'm interested in the AI. I ran a quick race and had very similar pace to the ultimate AI but is that even comparable to our split.

Wasn't 100% confident in the car so need to tweak my setup as the back end loves to try and step out on you here.

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
Could do with some socials or online race practices :whistle: I am awful at this track, it makes my pad want to scream!