PC - AOR PC Split 3 - R11: Hungary - 8/1/2017 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC Split 3 - R11: Hungary - 8/1/2017

CameronB

1-time PC Split 2 Champion
Apr 1, 2016
Q-13
R-3

Qualifying went almost as planned I probably could've managed a 1.21.5 but my lap was good enough.
I had a pretty good start which allowed me to get past @iZi turn 2 @NoseyGuyy ran wide putting me up to P10 end of lap 1 @Blue Inquisitor pulled of into the pits for his drive though promoting me to P9. For a few laps I stuck behind @ChokDK until he made a mistake into turn 12. Start of lap 6 @Pappiii and @CianF1 had their incident putting me into P5. Lap 7 I passed @KurvZ on the main straight for P4. Lap 8 I did the same move on @only4win for P3. Lap 12 @WarnTyre passed me after making his 1st stop. I then pitted at the end of lap 13 for SS.

This put me behind @H_pro1 and @StevieSQ who i passed relatively quickly. I pitted again at the end of Lap 24 and rejoined still in P3. End of Lap 29 @Jochem van der Sterren stopped for SS, start of Lap 32 he passed me taken away 2nd and fastest lap.

Congratulations to @WarnTyre for another win and also to my team mate @SonOfMaw for scoring points.

EdCherie

Formula Karter
Dec 29, 2016
Was a bit burnt first race. Not the best quali and didnt manage to secure the better one in time. The race were interesting until when gaining on Joni lost control when hitting the kerb to hard at S2 and lost front wing to early in the race. After that it was just finishing

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
Q - 19
R - 4

Qualifying went badly. I knew I would be far down, just didn't expect that far. It wasn't a good lap, and I definitely could go faster. However as I'd been on the toilet for most of the session (Pre race ritual) I was a bit pushed for time and in my panicked rush, I selected soft rather than supers. I pushed like hell, and started my next attempt with about 1.5 seconds to go. And then I blew it.

Race really wasn't that much better tbh. I picked up a few places over the first few laps. Had a nice little battle with @iZi and @Minwasko, and once I got past both of them I was kind of on my own until I pitted on lap 21. Came out behind @Pappiii and @only4win who I quickly overtook and cruised to the end.

Commiserations to @Ranger, I've taken the championship lead back and I absolutely shouldn't have. The man practices far more than I do and is far more committed.

Congratulations to @WarnTyre, although can you stop being quick because you're climbing up the standing and you're starting to get a bit too close for comfort now.

Ranger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 3 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Q - 4
R - DNF

I can't say much about this to be honest, I'm so gutted at the way this race ended. I didn't expect my first DNF to be the result of a Lap 1 incident but rather a disconnect or mistake of my own, which I'd prefer.

I had thought we had got past the first stint issues and it's a shame to see them come up again. When you put so much effort into the League it's hard to take incidents like this and seriously makes you consider the league racing and why some people race the way they do. While my Championship position has not taken a beaten of which I couldn't recover I will definitely be focusing more on running the Rocket League Championship than F1, I do not see the point in putting as much time into practice anymore but will give my best come Sundays.

@StevieSQ sounds like you had a great drive, 19th to 4th, fair play dude. It seems I would have had a brilliant battle putting my 1 stop against @WarnTyre 2 stop but to get pole and finish 1st is a great drive.

ChokDK

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Sep 11, 2016
I was King of Quali for about 30 seconds, but somehow 4 other time warped themselves in front of me..
Great formation lap! :cigar:
I didn't ***k the race up too much considering my age, mental condition etc, but it felt pretty AARGH to get blocked by a sideways rolling/sliding @iZi.

To be honest iZi I don't see any contact with the car in front of you as you said, but.. let it be.
Anyway it ruined the rest of the race for me at a more exiting part as both car in front was just out of pit together with me + my (breathing) teammate in front of both :blackeye:
Tnx to teammate-with-heavy-breathing-and-KabyLake Renault got some points anyway.

@ChokDK @iZi collision

Reactions: only4win

only4win

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 23, 2016
Q - 7
R - 5

Didn't do much of practice. Only did one social race which went to testing a setup (Thanks to @Ranger for making it possible.) Started Q with Soft tires and wasn't happy with the pace so changed to SS and ran few laps trying to push it as high as I could. Race was easy one stopper on SS => Mediums. First lap went fine without any real situations where I managed to keep out off. At the start of the race going on to 2nd lap I almost lost control of the car coming to start line which also @KurvZ noticed :D Had again some good racing with @KurvZ until he made mistake and I managed to pass him. Soon after this I was really pushing to get past of @Punisher who informed me nicely about going to take a pit stop while I still pushed the juice out of mine SS's. I finally pitted on lap 13 and changed to Mediums which lasted nicely for the rest of the race. @CameronB and @StevieSQ managed to pass me so easily that I didn't even got a chance to keep up with them :D Rest of the race was cruising basically alone and saving the tires as much as I could to secure points from this race. I'm really happy with the outcome of this race since I didn't put hours on practice (I think my wife and kids agree with me on this one ;).)

Last edited:
Reactions: ChokDK

KurvZ

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 16, 2014
Q P9
R P8

Yeah sorry for the open mike, as I said it was a new pc just finished building it and installing windows etc ( it only arrived a 2:30 that afternoon.

HAd an ok race with some clean battles and I was overtaken a few times with close driving that was cool.

I hit the rear of @Pappiii whilst he and @Punisher we losing time from battling, nit sure what happened I was coasting round the bend and then he was there I waited for him to retake position but he had dirty tyres and spun out so I continued and @Pappiii quit :( as his race was ruined.

The laps flew past as I was chasing or being chased for much of the race. congrats on the win Warn.

Reactions: ChokDK and Pappiii

SonOfMaw

Retired Grandmaster of Spreadsheets
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
To be honest @KurvZ, I took my headphones off after 15 minutes of your breathing, only to find I lapped slower. Must be something about the urgency of your breaths and frantic gear clicking that pushed me on. So can I have a recording to play for future races?

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
I had serious FPS issues after the first half of the race where it was getting very close to unraceable I managed to keep going but by losing around 2 seconds a lap which was a shame as up untill that happened the race wasn't going too bad for me considering it was my first wheel race was up in P6 I would have probably lost that position anyway but would have had a great battle I think. At the end of the race I let off the throttle on the line as Warntyre lapped me just before the end and at the last second he backed off to let me through so when I let off the throttle I had actually gotten passed Warntyre therefore had to complete another lap so I lost a position to @KurvZ I think it was at the end thinking the race was over. P9 ain't too bad for my first race but it could have been better if it wasn't for the FPS issue which I think is something to do with hosting sometimes as ranger has had it before and is why he doesnt really want too host and it would have been P8 if I didn't let off the throttle, silly me lol. I have too say the amount of incidents I saw and the amount of people we lost during the race wasn't much of a confidence boost going forward at this point of the season it still seems to be happening a lot and I can't see it changing now which really is not good.

Pappiii

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 21, 2016
yes pls fix this.. mute your microphone i dont know dude... it was terrible

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
I would much rather the driving standards be sorted it really is awful tbh, but yes that microphone was also abit annoying but I guess he just forgot to mute it which can happen.

only4win

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 23, 2016
The sad part is that you guys who got disturbed because of it didn't tell him on teamspeak that he's mic is not muted and it's disturbing your performance. Next I will hear that we have agreed not to say anything on teamspeak while racing.. This is not true. This kind of things must be said on teamspeak while situation is ongoing not in the forum after the race.

iZi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 5, 2017
Assign a hot-key so you can just mute the sound of teamspeak while you drive down the straight if someone is hot micing ^^

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
It didn't slow me down at all so for me I didn't bother saying anything about it during the race plus it was easy enough to just mute teamspeak or to take the headset off so I wouldn't hear it. I am sure other people did that or could have done that so it was an easy thing to avoid and to mention it after the race so it doesn't happen again. If I remember right he couldn't really hear teamspeak that time anyway so saying something probably wouldn't have worked.

KurvZ

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 16, 2014
Just for the record it was a mistake by me I had just installed a new pc and windows 10 my, parts came in the afternoon and I rushed to get everything setup. I had a mute key as I was muted in Quali, but when the race started my sound was so loud I could hardly hear teamspeak as I would have muted.
Its very annoying now I heard it on Cams video, and I would have been pissed if it was someone, else but would have muted teamspeak.
All I can do is apologise and say it will not happen again it was a genuine mistake and I understand it was horrible to listen to sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I guess old people are noisy fu*kers