PC - AOR PC Split 3 - R5: Spain - 13/11/2016 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC Split 3 - R5: Spain - 13/11/2016

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 12

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 13th November 2016
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Laps: 33

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Informed absences: @SonOfMaw*

Last edited:
Reactions: Joni and H_pro1

only4win

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 23, 2016
What times how you guys done on this track in TT? I ask you this because I want to know how behind I'm :D

Joni

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2016
high 22s
but I am struggling through that last sector a lot, especially through turn 14 & 15

edit: i did a 21.9 today, but in average i rather do mid 22s

Last edited:

Ranger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 3 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Haven't been at this track yet, maybe I'll do some TT tonight and get a feel for things.

Enthusiasm has come back now Russia is done lol

• Agree
Reactions: Blue Inquisitor

Joni

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2016
the key is to find a setup that is not only fast, but constant and tyre saving as well
of course the fastest times are done with ballast on 11, but for me it comes with a high risc of loosing my back end :/
or do i really want to change the suspension drasticly cause it will effect the tyres pretty bad?
loads of questions, i think i will just go for something balanced at the cost of a few tenths per lap :)

PS: weather might also play a big factor ^^

only4win

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 23, 2016
You know I'm not the setup guru here but slowly going towards it. It's basically testing and testing and testing. All it takes is time :)

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
You know I'm not the setup guru here but slowly going towards it. It's basically testing and testing and testing. All it takes is time :)
That's how I do it. I have a basic setup I created for Australia and I tweak it every track, I make big changes that I think suits the track and then over the course of a night I change it until I do consistent times.

CianF1

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 17, 2016
done a 21.1 a few days ago
EDIT: turns out i was using tc and abs completely by accident. im now doing 21.5 - 22.0

Last edited:

Pappiii

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 21, 2016
ye well... i ve got to survive the first lap without damaging my car... 3 races 3 incidents :p P12 P11 P11 :O

Reactions: H_pro1

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
So I finally got some practice done. Just 10 laps in TT, still need to tweak the setup in online mode but so far the pace is fine, nothing to write home about but I'm at least driving the times consistently.

I don't think a win is on the cards unless something changes before Sunday or there is an incident which benefits me but I'm hoping for top 5 definitely.

Albin Mansson

Formula Karter
Aug 8, 2016
i am really, really struggling through the last few corners, done a 1.20.8 and im consistent there, still losing 3 tenths in the last corners compared to the guys around me :p still room for improvement

SonOfMaw

Retired Grandmaster of Spreadsheets
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Looks almost certain I'll not be able to make this week's race. My internet has pretty much given up all hope of keeping a connection over the last few days and I won't be able to get anything done to it til after the weekend.

• Informative
Reactions: Stevie

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Anyone happy to share tyre life projections? Chances of getting a full race practice is very slim so would appreciate a bit of intel that might help me during the race.

Soft - (4-6 laps approx e.g)
Medium - (7-9 laps approx e.g)
Hard - (10-13 laps approx e.g)

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Anyone happy to share tyre life projections? Chances of getting a full race practice is very slim so would appreciate a bit of intel that might help me during the race.

Soft - (4-6 laps approx e.g)
Medium - (7-9 laps approx e.g)
Hard - (10-13 laps approx e.g)
With one out lap and Q lap with medium, I could go in the race 12 laps with them and the rest with H.
Soft - (5-7 laps approx e.g)
Medium - (10-13 laps approx e.g)
Hard - (19-23 laps approx e.g)

• Friendly
Reactions: Joni and Ranger

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
With one out lap and Q lap with medium, I could go in the race 12 laps with them and the rest with H.
Soft - (5-7 laps approx e.g)
Medium - (10-13 laps approx e.g)
Hard - (19-23 laps approx e.g)
Thank you, that'll be a decent guide for me should I not get a race done.

Reactions: H_pro1

CianF1

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 17, 2016
i think i've got pace for top 5 at least, looking better on race pace then quali (like usual). really struggeled to get the front turned at sector 3 in todays social but i did have an rfactor 2 league race before that and the ffb was much lighter, but what can you do. im expecting 21.4-7 from me and pole to be around a 21.0-2

• Winner
Reactions: SonOfMaw