Aug 26, 2014
Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 12

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 20th November 2016
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Monaco
Laps: 39

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Informed absences: @only4win

Last edited:

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
My order for Red Bull was 10 new front wings for this race, hopefully they will arrive in time for the race ;)

But yeah, Monaco is a race I have been struggling in every F1 game, so I think my pace will not be that good. I'll be rather happy to finish the race, and few points to the bag would make my race for sure. Me also being extra nervous in every race won't help me avoid the walls lol

Ranger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 3 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Not looking forward to this, recent races have made me a skeptical man.

I'd like to echo @StevieSQ and say please practice, please be considerate, please race with respect and please make the racing enjoyable for everyone.

Albin Mansson

Formula Karter
Aug 8, 2016
Good gracious god, I am not looking forward to the carnage that will (hopefully not) appear at turn 1.

Wouldn't really call Monaco my favorite or best track either. I like going fast through high speed corners destroying my tyres, Monaco does not fill that criteria. ;)

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Highish 13s for me, I'm really struggling with my wheel and the bumps. I already have my ffb turned down but I think I may have to use no ffb to ensure I can race. Damn arthritis.

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
Just did a 1:12.7, was probably the luckiest lap ever. I think low 1:13s will be good around here

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
So against my doctors advice not to strain my wrists, I got my wheel out and did a quick race and....... What a fucking race.

I enjoyed all 39 laps of it, I got pole with a 1.13.something and lead from start to finish. Traffic is a nightmare and there are a few barriers that will take your wheel off so easy and I mean extremely easy (had to flashback twice because of this)

Looking forward to this race now the initial worry of the barriers is gone, they are still dangerous but I know I can at least get around the track without major issues.

Will my pace be enough? I don't know but if the league race is as good as this was, I'm very excited!

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
39 laps? wtf:D I just noticed that that's the length of 50% race..

I wish the SC would be on for this race ;)

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
So how's everyone feeling for this race? I think I have consistent pace but whether that pace is good enough for the win I don't know but I'll take consistency around Monaco over out right pace all day lol.

I was wondering if everyone would agree to taking Turn 1 extremely easy this track? While I know getting a great move done off the line feels great I think there is too much at stake on this track for aggressive T1 moves. Maybe we all agree to brake at the 150 board and go slow through T1 and then go racing? It's very easy to lock up on T1 and that alone could cause some issues.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Blue Inquisitor

Joni

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2016
I was wondering if everyone would agree to taking Turn 1 extremely easy this track? While I know getting a great move done off the line feels great I think there is too much at stake on this track for aggressive T1 moves. Maybe we all agree to brake at the 150 board and go slow through T1 and then go racing? It's very easy to lock up on T1 and that alone could cause some issues.
It doesn't get better after turn one :/ it's extremly difficult to drive up the hill 2 wide -.-
Most crashes in lap one happen there, at least that's my experience

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
Right chaps, so here's the situation.

It's no secret we've had a number of first lap collisions so far. A lot of drivers are apprehensive about the fact that it's Monaco and it's a case with one person mucking it up and it could be a disaster.

After having a chat with some other moderators, we feel that something needs to be done.

Monaco is your final chance to prove you can drive cleanly on the first lap. If this fails to happen then from Canada onwards, any collisions that occur on the first lap will receive double the penalty.

Bear in mind that causing a major avoidable collision will net you 20 seconds and 10 penalty points, that could be a 40 second penalty and 20 penalty points coming your way, and if you do it twice you'll be at 40 penalty points which is a race ban. Consider also that failing to wait essentially doubles your penalty so a minor collision could warrant you a 20 second penalty.

This balls to the wall, gun ho attitude on the first lap is ridiculous and has to stop.

For the record too, this double penalty won't be a case of 'Well I haven't caused a thing before so I shouldn't get double penalty', if we enforce this then it applies to everyone.

@Pappiii @Punisher @H_pro1 @LnD @Albin Mansson @Ranger @SonOfMaw @CameronB @Palo Samo @Joni @Blue Inquisitor @NoseyGuyy @WarnTyre @only4win @ChokDK @KurvZ @Scott_Aitchison @Jochem van der Sterren @Ekku @CianF1 @Mu11man

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Right chaps, so here's the situation.

It's no secret we've had a number of first lap collisions so far. A lot of drivers are apprehensive about the fact that it's Monaco and it's a case with one person mucking it up and it could be a disaster.

After having a chat with some other moderators, we feel that something needs to be done.

Monaco is your final chance to prove you can drive cleanly on the first lap. If this fails to happen then from Canada onwards, any collisions that occur on the first lap will receive double the penalty.

Bear in mind that causing a major avoidable collision will net you 20 seconds and 10 penalty points, that could be a 40 second penalty and 20 penalty points coming your way, and if you do it twice you'll be at 40 penalty points which is a race ban. Consider also that failing to wait essentially doubles your penalty so a minor collision could warrant you a 20 second penalty.

This balls to the wall, gun ho attitude on the first lap is ridiculous and has to stop.

For the record too, this double penalty won't be a case of 'Well I haven't caused a thing before so I shouldn't get double penalty', if we enforce this then it applies to everyone.

@Pappiii @Punisher @H_pro1 @LnD @Albin Mansson @Ranger @SonOfMaw @CameronB @Palo Samo @Joni @Blue Inquisitor @NoseyGuyy @WarnTyre @only4win @ChokDK @KurvZ @Scott_Aitchison @Jochem van der Sterren @Ekku @CianF1 @Mu11man
Very disappointing that it has come to this but hopefully this is the point in the season where everyone gets their act together and learns just what it means to race in AOR, clean, fair and exciting racing.

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
Very disappointing that it has come to this but hopefully this is the point in the season where everyone gets their act together and learns just what it means to race in AOR, clean, fair and exciting racing.
This is why we're giving until after Monaco before imposing. Everyone knows what's going to happen if it can't be done.

But agreed, a great shame it's had to come to this.

Reactions: Palo Samo