PC - AOR PC Split 3 - R7: Canada 27/12/2016 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC Split 3 - R7: Canada 27/12/2016

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Starting nothing just stating facts. If you can corner cut, jump start do anything to gain an advantage go for it. You won't be penalised.
The difference being that it's explicitly stated in the rules that cutting corners is not allowed, and when a corner cut happens it's 100% the driver's own fault (unless he is pushed off the track). However the person who "jumped the start" at Monaco did not do this on his screen, since for him the lights went green before he started accelerating, meaning that this was not the driver's own fault, but as a result of a glitch with the game. Contrary to the corner cutting rules, there are also currently no rule that says you have to give the time back if the game gives you green lights earlier than the rest of the field, since we haven't been aware that this was something that could happen (this will change now ofc). I'm sure you can agree that it wouldn't be fair to penalise someone for not breaking any rule.

It's obviously unlucky for you that it happened since it meant you didn't get a chance to attack into T1, but it's not a reasonable assumption to make that you would have gotten ahead if both cars launched at the same time, since the chances are higher that the driver starting from pole would stay ahead.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Also, just to add, I obviously agree it was unlucky for you that you didn't get the chance to attack for P1 into turn 1, and completely understand your frustration with that, however to swap the positions around we'd have to assume that you would have passed the other guy into T1 if both cars launched at the same time, which isn't really a reasonable assumption to make since the chances are higher that the car on pole would have retained this anyway (especially with the short run into the corner). This consideration also contributed to the decision.

In any case, I hope this can be left in the past and that you will have a good race tonight :)

• Agree
Reactions: H_pro1 and only4win

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Well, retirement again.. This is really not going the way I wanted. I had a very good race until my first pit stop. I think I was racing for the top positions. After my 1st pit stop I broke my front twice wing with a very stupid mistakes and the third time I got a puncture. Straight after that pit stop I hit the wall and retired this time.

I have DNF'ed 5/7 races, which is seriously very bad. I'm getting annoyed with myself also. For sure there is other drivers who are wanting to join this league who are just better than my by finishing races, so if I get kicked I totally understand it and It's no other than my fault. Sorry guys.

Ranger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 3 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Q-1
R-2

Good race, horrible defending from P1 but that's life.

Reactions: WarnTyre

WarnTyre

AOR AEC GTE Champion
Feb 3, 2016
Q-1
R-2

Good race, horrible defending from P1 but that's life.
1.3 Defending:

● Excessive weaving and blocking is not allowed. When defending from another car, choose a line on the track and stick to it, and make sure the attacking car has sufficient time to react to your movement. Do not force a chasing car off the track by leaving it too little room. If the attacking car is alongside you going into a corner (generally if the attacking car's nose is alongside or ahead of the defending car's sidepod), you must adjust your line to avoid contact.

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Excessive weaving and blocking is not allowed. When defending from another car, choose a line on the track and stick to it, and make sure the attacking car has sufficient time to react to your movement.
Thanks, that's exactly the one I'll need in the stewards, cheers.

Reactions: WarnTyre

WarnTyre

AOR AEC GTE Champion
Feb 3, 2016
Thanks, that's exactly the one I'll need in the stewards, cheers.
I was far in front, moved to the inside to break the slipstream and then moved back for the breaking at the end. Nothing else.

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
I was far in front, moved to the inside to break the slipstream and then moved back for the breaking at the end. Nothing else.
Mate, I'm not debating it here. I'll provide my evidence, you have your say and then the stewards will decide, cheers. I'd say GG but the way you drove tonight I'd be lying.

• Informative
Reactions: H_pro1 and WarnTyre

CianF1

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 17, 2016
Q: P2: Awesome lap felt brilliant. Maybe could've gone a tenth quicker, but first front row is always good.
R: P8: Dissapointing. I didn't have a great race pace, I knew that. Hadn't done a lot of race practice. I tried the two stop and it really didn't work. Got held up too much and lost about 15 seconds. Then I got a puncture on my in lap, lost about 3 seconds. @H_pro1 didn't exactly want to get out of my way, and I lost another second or so. I finished p6 but penalties put me down to P8. Kind of looking forward to baku as there's no real way of corner cutting. Onwards into the next race and hopefully I'll be better.

Reactions: Stevie and H_pro1

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
@WarnTyre Mate, I was a bit of a dick earlier there and was still pissed off at the stewards outcome. There are issues I had with some defending you did but I remember that you once forgave me for a mistake in Russia. So I'd like to congratulate you on your win, you raced well and deserve it.

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
Qualified 11th and finished 4th. Qualifying went well for me, I made a huge error into the last corner and lost around half a second but it worked out well for me as I was just outside the top 10. The race start went well, I kept it clean and overall the driving standards are getting better on the first lap. After a few laps, I was overtaken by @NoseyGuyy and was running 12th, I later overtook @StevieSQ after he spun out of the harpin. I was looking after my tyres well and was looking good to do a 1 stop. On lap 20, I let my teammate @Jochem van der Sterren pass as he was faster, on the next lap @WarnTyre tried a overtake and it worked, it also allowed @Punisher to pass, this was annoying as I was racing him for position, I pitted on the lap 24 and changed to the ultra softs, I came out behind @CameronB who I managed to overtake a few laps later with a good pass into turn 1. After that, I pushed hard to try and catch Punisher but he was too fast and he drove a brilliant race to go from the back to the podium. Overall, a really strong race from me to only get 1 warning for corner cutting around one of the hardest tracks for track limits. My POV is below:

Joni

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2016
Q: P13
was pretty ok, could have been 3 tenths faster, but still pretty happy with it, as i could choose the tyres i wanted

R: P12
Race went pretty well except for wing damage in lap 3, so i lost a pit stop to everybody around :/
Could have finished in P8 elsewise

Interesting parts: First few Laps, 30:50, 40:45

Last edited:
Reactions: Stevie

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
Q: P20
R: P3

@Scott_Aitchison our pace was pretty much identical through the whole race, when I was behind you the gap wasn't really changing I was so close to DRS but wasn't quite getting it, until you let your teammate passed which immediately gave me DRS to close right up to you. I noticed @WarnTyre was on fresh tyres and was going a lot faster than us so I decided to not fight him and then follow him when he made a move on you which worked and then I managed to pull a small gap from you that I was able to manage to keep you out of a DRS threat, but that was all I could do because I wasn't able to pull away from you. Overall I was surprised at how much pace we both had as we was still racing at a good pace compared to other drivers who were on fresh rubber and I was very surprised to have managed a finishing position of P3 when I had to start in P20 due to flirting with the wall a bit too much on my first qualifying lap. Overall I really enjoyed this race and all of the battles I had to get through the grid :)

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Q: 4
R: 6

Slightly disappointing race all in all. My pace was good enough for 3rd or 4th but I made a silly mistake on lap 12 and span as I was exiting the pits. This ruined all my good work in the first stint where I was comfortably in 2nd. I lost a good 10 seconds at least and I had to make a bit of a recovery as that incident dropped me down to 11th. Had some good battles though as I tried to fight my way back through the pack, including going side by side with Stevie for about 3 corners right near the end.

On a somewhat related note, looking at the standings I must say the spread of results so far is quite bizarre. We've had 6 different winners in 7 races! 11 different drivers have scored a podium. Also, both H_pro and Albin have won a race each, yet both drivers have failed to score points in any other race somehow:

Anyway, well done to Warntyre on the win!

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
Q: 4
R: 6

Slightly disappointing race all in all. My pace was good enough for 3rd or 4th but I made a silly mistake on lap 12 and span as I was exiting the pits. This ruined all my good work in the first stint where I was comfortably in 2nd. I lost a good 10 seconds at least and I had to make a bit of a recovery as that incident dropped me down to 11th. Had some good battles though as I tried to fight my way back through the pack, including going side by side with Stevie for about 3 corners right near the end.

On a somewhat related note, looking at the standings I must say the spread of results so far is quite bizarre. We've had 6 different winners in 7 races! 11 different drivers have scored a podium. Also, both H_pro and Albin have won a race each, yet both drivers have failed to score points in any other race somehow:

Anyway, well done to Warntyre on the win!
Our split is pretty closely matched when it comes to qualifying and race pace, so different tracks might give someone the tiniest advantage and any little mistake could prove very costly. It has made for some great racing when we take out the first lap incidents so I believe a combination of how closely matched a lot of us are and the fact some tracks suit some people more than others can make a big impact as we are all so closely matched, which in turn has given us so many different winners, as well as many different people on the podium. That and possibly some of the first lap incidents could have influenced some of the results. Overall we are a very competitive Split which is great :happy:

Albin Mansson

Formula Karter
Aug 8, 2016
I don't know, almost (!) all of my previous DNFs has all been due to me getting used to the game. Although this one was just not my fault at all. I took it the easiest I could all race long as there was so many battles going on around me. On my final lap as I had just pitted, @Palo Samo decided to dive up the inside of someone (dont know who), and half spun into my front end which caused me to half spin and I ended up side by side with @LnD who outbraked himself going into the final chicane. I saw this and there was no way he was going to make the corner, I went tight as I should've but then he rejoined on my racing line which caused me to correct my stearing heavily and to end up in the wall of champions.

I've got no idea on how this looked on LnD's screen, so no blame on him. Although I saw during this whole racing dive bombing left, right and center all the time from a various number of people. Not at all surprised this happened.

Reactions: LnD and H_pro1