PC - AOR PC Split 3 - R7: Canada 27/12/2016 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC Split 3 - R7: Canada 27/12/2016

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I don't know, almost (!) all of my previous DNFs has all been due to me getting used to the game. Although this one was just not my fault at all. I took it the easiest I could all race long as there was so many battles going on around me. On my final lap as I had just pitted, @Palo Samo decided to dive up the inside of someone (dont know who), and half spun into my front end which caused me to half spin and I ended up side by side with @LnD who outbraked himself going into the final chicane. I saw this and there was no way he was going to make the corner, I went tight as I should've but then he rejoined on my racing line which caused me to correct my stearing heavily and to end up in the wall of champions.

I've got no idea on how this looked on LnD's screen, so no blame on him. Although I saw during this whole racing dive bombing left, right and center all the time from a various number of people. Not at all surprised this happened.
That was me! Or at least I was involved in that first part. Here is the incident from my angle - Sorry to hear that it ruined your race.

Albin Mansson

Formula Karter
Aug 8, 2016
That was me! Or at least I was involved in that first part. Here is the incident from my angle - Sorry to hear that it ruined your race.

Ahh the chain reaction is real, no blame on you though. Looks like Palo outbroke himself which caused him to touch you up.

only4win

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 23, 2016
Q:10
R:11
"Disappointment"
After the TT sessions I put in, I could do 1.29.xxx times consistently even before the qualifying, but something was missing there where everything should've been sorted. Race was fun and I had some great racing against @H_pro1 @Pappiii and LND. Decided to do 2 pit stops strategy which was clearly a mistake. Bit disappointed that I couldn't reach the points and lost +2 seconds from the 10th place.

Reactions: Stevie

ChokDK

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Sep 11, 2016
Q: Worse
R: Worst

I'd been struggling to find a setup that was both fast, safe and not to hard on tires.
"This slippy Canada" was not as I remembered it from F1 2012! :D
I had to go very slow through turn 1 because ( ) and I got too easily distracted several places later on.
Broken front wing took me to podium pit much earlier than expected which ruined strategy and placement.

I wish I could say "weharh I will be great in Baku" but I have feared that track all season as I know nothing about it.
Only my teammate @KurvZ can save the team from another disaster (?) ;)

LnD

Pro Karter
Sep 20, 2016
I don't know, almost (!) all of my previous DNFs has all been due to me getting used to the game. Although this one was just not my fault at all. I took it the easiest I could all race long as there was so many battles going on around me. On my final lap as I had just pitted, @Palo Samo decided to dive up the inside of someone (dont know who), and half spun into my front end which caused me to half spin and I ended up side by side with @LnD who outbraked himself going into the final chicane. I saw this and there was no way he was going to make the corner, I went tight as I should've but then he rejoined on my racing line which caused me to correct my stearing heavily and to end up in the wall of champions.

I've got no idea on how this looked on LnD's screen, so no blame on him. Although I saw during this whole racing dive bombing left, right and center all the time from a various number of people. Not at all surprised this happened.
Yes I'm just missed the braking point , I'm not calling our case for dive bombing because you had a bad acc the begining at the straight(maybe an another incident) and in the straight l was next to you, not behind you. But yep I missed the brake point so I decided to not try to turn into the corner but also cut rhe chicane with low speed to avoid any kind of incident and join back behind you in the track. But all what I saw when I'm was out of the truck even before I rejoined it is just the massege you crashed into the wall. I'm totally suprised about that. @NoseyGuyy was behind us maybe he has a footage about that. If in your look it look liked I just came back with no attention sorry for that but in my look I wasn't even the trackwhen you crashed and tried to get back to the track with minimum amount of blocking after you crashed.

Pappiii

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 21, 2016
very disapointing race.... Good qualifying... thought i had the pace for the win... but then again i spun 2 times in the first lap (my own fault) had to pit in the first lap cuss no wing...... too many mistakes fro me :( congratz @WarnTyre ;)

Reactions: Stevie and WarnTyre

WarnTyre

AOR AEC GTE Champion
Feb 3, 2016
Wow what a race!
Q: P6, did my qualify on SS, as i thought it was the best idea to do a 1 stop, with SS to S, but i think that US to S could have been done with faster racetime.
R: P1, first race win.
Got of to a good start (even though i was the only one in top 10 on SS), overtaking @LnD and @Pappiii after turn 1 and turn 2, and found myself in P4. End of lap 1, i got overtaken by @Jochem van der Sterren on the back straight. That put me down to P5 again, but was still battling him. On lap 4 @Jochem van der Sterren overtook @CianF1 and in sector 2 I overtook him as well. P4 for me again. On the last straight on lap 4, I overtook @Jochem van der Sterren into the last chicane, and that promoted me into P3, with @Blue Inquisitor 3 seconds ahead.
On Lap 15 people have made there first pitstop - promoting me into P1, with @Ranger on fresh US on. Even though I was on old SS, I managed to keep @Ranger behind me, until lap 18 where i mad my first and only pitstop onto S.
Rejoined in P7. Between lap 20 and 22 i overtook @CianF1 , @Punisher , @Scott_Aitchison and @Jochem van der Sterren . That promoted me into P2 after people pitted again.
On lap 23 @Ranger rejoined from his 2nd pitstop right in front of me, and at the end of lap 23 i overtook him on the backstraight (my best overtake of the season so far).
From lap 24 to lap 29 I defended for the lead, and there were some crazy battling with that Williams. I just could'nt get out of the 1 secound window. Until lap 29 where @Ranger made a half spin, that putted him out of the 1 second DRS zone.
Lap 29 to 35 was a cruis to my FIRST VICTORY OF THE SEASON!

Watch my crazy POV highlight video here!

Reactions: Stevie and only4win

Albin Mansson

Formula Karter
Aug 8, 2016
Yes I'm just missed the braking point , I'm not calling our case for dive bombing because you had a bad acc the begining at the straight(maybe an another incident) and in the straight l was next to you, not behind you. But yep I missed the brake point so I decided to not try to turn into the corner but also cut rhe chicane with low speed to avoid any kind of incident and join back behind you in the track. But all what I saw when I'm was out of the truck even before I rejoined it is just the massege you crashed into the wall. I'm totally suprised about that. @NoseyGuyy was behind us maybe he has a footage about that. If in your look it look liked I just came back with no attention sorry for that but in my look I wasn't even the trackwhen you crashed and tried to get back to the track with minimum amount of blocking after you crashed.
Yeah as I said no blame on you, thanks for your input.

Ranger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 3 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Q-1
R-2

Again forced to follow another car around the track to take 2nd. This time however it was my setup not the track to blame. With the issue from the social still happening on race day I decided to revamp my entire setup and for the most part it was a good decision but in doing so I lost so much straight line speed. I believe I set pole with being one of the slowest in the speed trap.

This of course had a knock on effect, cornering was no problem, catching cars was no problem but when it came to that speed needed to get past in the straight it just wasn't there. If Canada's S3 was more like S1 or S2 I'd have taken the win easily but to go from sliding around like a car on ice to fighting for the win I can't really complain.

@CianF1 almost got pole cause I was thinking of coming in instead of doing one more lap but since the times were already close I decided I would go for the last one and if no one beat me by S2 I'd back out but then Cian did beat me so I went full tilt to the line and got it by 0.008. 3 tenths off my best Q time but Pole all the same.

Not really sure what I gotta do to get the win, I'd rather not do a risky overtake as finishing on the podium is the main goal but it's getting frustrating being stuck behind cars so I may have to be more aggressive in Baku. 18 points brings me to within 14 points of @StevieSQ so I guess that's a positive.

Video will be up soon

CameronB

1-time PC Split 2 Champion
Apr 1, 2016
Q : 16
R : 9

Qualifying went as expected didnt really expect to be much higher then the race was better, i managed to keep up with scott for like 9 laps before i started making mistakes every lap which allowed punisher to get on the back of me and pass me, i then fell behind them by quite a bit.

Pitted on lap 20 as i was pretty bored of the softs at that point and put on some SS, I came out behind Lnd and got past him quite quickly, Lap 25 came around and i was very surprised to see that i had actually undercut scott, he didnt stay long same with blue , cian and stevie as i had no pace compared to them on the US.

Palo Samo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 1, 2016
Q: P19
R: DNF
---
Lack of pace again (time to create my own setup that suits my driving style instead of relying on somebody else's).
---
Cautious start only to see Ekku's shenanigans yet again (it stopped being funny, you know?).
It wouldn't be a bad race but too many mistakes from my side and my pit crew who for some reason didn't change my damaged front wing during first stop. Lack of concentration from there and lots of crashes, last of which took my left wheel off.
As for the incident on lap 13 with @Blue Inquisitor and @Albin Mansson: I'm sorry for Blue, who gave me space on the inside only to be hit by me outbraking myself (I forgot about my damaged front wing and overestimated my softs). With all due respect to Albin, I think you have mostly yourself to blame on this one because I never half-spun there and was in neutral when you hit me. I'd love to see your POV shot, buddy ;)
---

Albin Mansson

Formula Karter
Aug 8, 2016
@Palo Samo looked like you half spun on my end, I don't know why the fact that you had it in neutral is an argument. I think that just show the bad control you have over your car, there was no way that you were going to make the corner if Blue wasnt there acting as a wall. I don't know about you, but I do usually not expect people outbraking themself into another driver, going into neutral and then into a complete stop...

I'll end it at that, no point in arguing about such a small thing. More pissed at the final chicane than this as this barely lost me any time.

One more thing, is there anything to do about @Ekku dive bombing into the first corner at every start? Although it hasn't affected me anything it's sad to see people flying of the track due to this...

Palo Samo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 1, 2016
@Palo Samo looked like you half spun on my end, I don't know why the fact that you had it in neutral is an argument. I think that just show the bad control you have over your car, there was no way that you were going to make the corner if Blue wasnt there acting as a wall. I don't know about you, but I do usually not expect people outbraking themself into another driver, going into neutral and then into a complete stop...
It is generally responsibility of the driver behind to make sure he doesn't make contact with whoever or whatever is in front of him. I don't usually expect people to do what I did however I try and avoid obstacles, especially in low speed corners.
As for my bad control over my car: guess who has the most DNFs this season so far ;)

Albin Mansson

Formula Karter
Aug 8, 2016
It is generally responsibility of the driver behind to make sure he doesn't make contact with whoever or whatever is in front of him. I don't usually expect people to do what I did however I try and avoid obstacles, especially in low speed corners.
As for my bad control over my car: guess who has the most DNFs this season so far ;)
lmao, if you read my first post I just started playing again after a long, long brake and I have not caused any incidents for any other drivers as far as I know. If you wanna put it that way, take a look at the drivers standings.

Ranger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 3 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
@StevieSQ - any words on this? :)
I feel bad about voting yes for this, but the "continuation" is real.. :/
There are ongoing inquiries about Ekku at the moment and the stewards will take action, no driver in the past has got away with so many incidents and I doubt it would change now.

Thankfully I have not raced him this season based on other drivers reports.