PC - AOR PC Split 3 - R7: Canada 27/12/2016 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC Split 3 - R7: Canada 27/12/2016

Palo Samo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 1, 2016
lmao, if you read my first post I just started playing again after a long, long brake and I have not caused any incidents for any other drivers as far as I know. If you wanna put it that way, take a look at the drivers standings.
I never questioned your speed Albin. In fact, I think that without those DNFs you would be well ahead of everyone else in the standings by now. We all need to work a little bit harder, I guess ;)

Pappiii

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 21, 2016
yep same goes for me :p im new to f1 2016 and i think i have a very good pace and could have done more podiums this far :p
well i caused incidents too and im very sorry for that :p due to my lack of experience i guess :p
we ll see how this season developped :p still a very yioung season and im positive to get a final top 5 position :)

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Q - 9
R - 7

Bit of an annoying event to be honest. Went in on the back foot, mainly on strategy having not tested the S tyre when I ballsed up my strategy in the social.

Started well, had a few fights and got myself up to about 5th - ish, then I did something I've rarely done on this game, I completely dropped the car and spun out of the hairpin. Really cost me because then in frustration and in an attempt to make up lost ground I pitted for S. Cor blimey they were crap tyres, I was inconsistent on them, struggled for pace and made a few mistakes on them, slowly dropping off the back of @Blue Inquisitor, I bailed and went for fresh US on lap 21, which in hindsight was a bit too early.

I clawed my way through a few people, but when @CianF1 and @Blue Inquisitor started gaining on me, my pursuit of @Scott_Aitchison was over and I turned to defend my position. Slight moment with @CianF1, but we both survived. Due to the scrap, Blue got through, and when I defended into Turn 1, he held it on the outside and had the inside for 2, I stuck with him in the traction and tried a ballsy move around the outside for 3 (the sort of move I'd only try on people I can trust), concious that @CianF1 was there to capitalise.

I simply couldn't get it turned in, so conceded the position by taking to the grass to avoid any incident. This let both cars through, and also ruined my tyres and I nearly crashed about 3 times trying to regain control of my car which had suddenly developed 4 wheel steer apparently.

Ended up defending to the end from @CameronB.

Not the race I wanted really. Lost a huge chunk of points to @Ranger in the past 4 races, in which I've had one podium to his three.

Need to up my game from here.

18 points brings me to within 14 points of @StevieSQ so I guess that's a positive.
Pls no. Stay back. Too close as it is.

ChokDK

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Sep 11, 2016
Well detected and saved at 2:14 - could have ended much worse :watching:
EDIT: Ahh.. the wall took you at last :)

Reactions: H_pro1

ChokDK

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Sep 11, 2016
yeah.. one thing lead to another.
That's why I really really hope for a decent replay function for next F1 game.
For now we have to rely that "someone" catches whatever on recording :(

• Agree
Reactions: H_pro1 and only4win

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Well detected and saved at 2:14 - could have ended much worse :watching:
EDIT: Ahh.. the wall took you at last :)
@H_pro1 the rejoin by jochem tho
Yeah, luckily I didn't hit only4win there when bouncing back to track :p I was lucky to not damage my wing in this stage of the race but it didn't last for long :D

LnD

Pro Karter
Sep 20, 2016
He's returning to track in a very dangerous way.
((Very))
The reason why I already spun out was YOU(@ChokDK ) just to be clear the situation. Because I was already next to you in the corner, but you just turned into me and push me out of the track. You did almost the same thing with @only4win 1 lap before, so I think you sould be happy, no one of us (only4win or I) make a enqury because of it. In only4win footage you can see both incident.( from 36:00 and 37:15)

(@StevieSQ )

only4win

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 23, 2016
The reason why I already spun out was YOU(@ChokDK ) just to be clear the situation. Because I was already next to you in the corner, but you just turned into me and push me out of the track. You did almost the same thing with @only4win 1 lap before, so I think you sould be happy, no one of us (only4win or I) make a enqury because of it. In only4win footage you can see both incident.( from 36:00 and 37:15)

(@StevieSQ )
Yep.. that sucked. I didn't want to whine about it but it was bad. @ChokDK if you are going to push like that you should leave room for another car and not to push them off track.

ChokDK

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Sep 11, 2016
I don't get it though.. What make you both think you should have the right to be in front while in right side of that corner?
But if I did anything wrong I would like to know and say sorry about it.
EDIT Oh and it still doesn't give anyone any rights to rejoin the track that dangerous.

Joni

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2016
I don't get it though.. What make you both think you should have the right to be in front while in right side of that corner?
EDIT Oh and it still doesn't give anyone any rights to rejoin the track that dangerous.

Seriously, u left no space and just turned in on them :/ u are lucky not to get any penalties

LnD

Pro Karter
Sep 20, 2016

I can ask the same from you. Why the hack do you think just because you are the racing line you have the right to cut us off? Tell me how the hack sould the another car pass you? In the real life how many time you see the attacker car take an another line to pass ? (I help you almost every time) You not followed the next rule :

1.3 Defending:

● Excessive weaving and blocking is not allowed. When defending from another car, choose a line on the track and stick to it, and make sure the attacking car has sufficient time to react to your movement. Do not force a chasing car off the track by leaving it too little room. If the attacking car is alongside you going into a corner (generally if the attacking car's nose is alongside or ahead of the defending car's sidepod), you must adjust your line to avoid contact.

Oh yeah and i forget there is the another one what you didn't followed (2 times):

● If you accidentally take out another car, or are responsible for causing an incident, you have to slow down and safely let the affected car(s) back in front of you on track, as long as the circumstances allow it. Even if it doesn't benefit the other car, that is the punishment you have to take for causing a collision. If you fail to follow this rule, you are likely to receive a harsher penalty by the stewards if the incident is reported after the race. This rule can only be overruled by the affected driver telling you over voice chat to keep going.

And about track rejoining it:

I didn't want to rejoin that way, that was the end of the spin what YOU did with me, i didn't even switch to revers the car spin out that way.

Ranger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 3 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014

To be completely honest with you, if you can't see what you did wrong then I worry about racing you.

As LnD quoted the rules, you didn't adjust your line once even though the attacking car was alongside. This is actually the kind of selfish driving we have seen that has caused the majority of turn 1 incidents. You maintained your line both times and both times it didn't allow the attacking car room to make the corner. If I was one of those attacking car's for sure I'd have made a stewards inquiry and most likely have won it as rules were broken.

The window of stewards inquiries for Canada is long past, we can't continue to argue it on the forums, nor can it be brought up again at future inquiries which is why it's important to make an inquiry should you feel you have been affected unfairly by another driver.

People see inquiries as a bad thing but it's also one of the best ways to teach a driver. I have been in the stewards in the past and every time have learned something from it.