Aug 26, 2014
Round 8 - European Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 12

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 4th December 2016
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Baku City Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Informed absences: @Minwasko

Last edited:

Joni

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2016
1:41:3xx with hotlap setup in TT
1:41:7xx with race setup in TT

your times?

Palo Samo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 1, 2016
How does TT compare to Online Multi in general (traction, speed, handling) ?

Joni

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2016
How does TT compare to Online Multi in general (traction, speed, handling) ?
pretty different from track to track, this one is long and has lots of important traction zones so the difference could be quite big here
maby a second or something like this

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
pretty different from track to track, this one is long and has lots of important traction zones so the difference could be quite big here
maby a second or something like this
Yes, I suspect this is quite a bit different online compared to TT. Also in an online 50% race there's a big difference between times on new tyres and old worn ones - I was about 3.5 secs a lap slower on very worn tyres compared to brand new ones.

I have to say, the most annoying thing about this track is trying to spot the braking point for each corner. There's so much crap at the side of the circuit which makes it really difficult to spot the 100/150m marker boards, especially in the first sector. I think having the racing line on is a big advantage on this circuit, compared to say Canada, where it wasn't that useful.

H_pro1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Well, a street circuit again :p I feel very anguished in street circuits maybe because the walls are a bit too close for my like.. I will try to be cautious and I just hope to end the race without retiring. Almost all of my retirements are because I'm going to throttle too early, so need to make sure that it wont happen from now on!

only4win

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 23, 2016
Yes, I suspect this is quite a bit different online compared to TT. Also in an online 50% race there's a big difference between times on new tyres and old worn ones - I was about 3.5 secs a lap slower on very worn tyres compared to brand new ones.

I have to say, the most annoying thing about this track is trying to spot the braking point for each corner. There's so much crap at the side of the circuit which makes it really difficult to spot the 100/150m marker boards, especially in the first sector. I think having the racing line on is a big advantage on this circuit, compared to say Canada, where it wasn't that useful.
Try to look at the start of the kerbs ;)

• Agree
Reactions: SonOfMaw

Ranger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 3 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Points finish I'll be happy. Of all the tracks they could have had in the calendar, Korea, Turkey, Valencia, India.... the list goes on... I can't fathom why this track was deemed necessary. Finding the brake points is unrealistically hard and the racing line isn't worth a crap unless you like barriers.

Being forced to run low wings because of the straights is making cornering difficult, especially when I prefer higher winged cornering. I think I'll play this one safe and go with a slightly modified Canada setup and whatever happens, happens.

This track is as fun as Russia.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Being forced to run low wings because of the straights is making cornering difficult, especially when I prefer higher winged cornering. I think I'll play this one safe and go with a slightly modified Canada setup and whatever happens, happens.

This track is as fun as Russia.
That's honestly why I like this track. It's ridiculous. You need low downforce for the massive straights, but the second half of the lap is all downforce, high speed turns, down hill braking and it's all done at a million miles an hour. It's an incredibly difficult track in that respect. Clinging on for dear life with the lowest amount of downforce you can cope with.

It's bonkers that I like this, and this is a high speed Monaco, which I hate.

Of all the tracks they could have had in the calendar, Korea, Turkey, Valencia, India.... the list goes on... I can't fathom why this track was deemed necessary.
As with all things in F1, it all comes down to $$$. :greedy::greedy:

• Agree
Reactions: Joni

Joni

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2016
I think I'll play this one safe.
Since this didn't work out in Monaco for me, I'll just go balls to the wall here :)

Furthermore i don't think the line is this difficult around here, since it doesn't matter as much if u brake too early cause most of the time is won in the traction zones :)

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Since this didn't work out in Monaco for me, I'll just go balls to the wall here :)

Furthermore i don't think the line is this difficult around here, since it doesn't matter as much if u brake too early cause most of the time is won in the traction zones :)
Yeah I just did a Quick Race with the AI and put it on the front row and finished 3rd. Usually I use the AI as a judge of my pace for every race and I was quite surprised at the pace I had actually and it was only getting better as I drove the track more. Maybe it won't be so bad after all :p

• Optimistic
Reactions: Joni

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
41's lol?

@Ranger - Congratulations on taking the championship lead.
Hahaha **** no, I'm not running the low wing setup. I tried it and the car is too hard to manage in S1 and S2 so I went for the safe bet which when you compare the time gained in S1 and S2 and what you lose in S3 it sorta levels out but I don't see a podium here I just see an oppertunity to finish a race on a track I'm not confident driving.

CianF1

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 17, 2016
Also I hate this track. It's unnecessarily hard to spot braking points, the corners are the same and f1 2016 handling means that a school bus can turn in better. Stupid track and annoyed that it's still on the calendar next year.

Ranger

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
I think more than anything, consistency will win this race.

There are a lot of tricky brake zones, tricky corners and even the pit entrance.

• Agree
Reactions: Joni and Stevie