AOR Pikes Peak Event - Round 3

Discussion in 'Special Events' started by DemoN F1, May 14, 2017.

1. DemoN F1

DemoN F1 F1 Coordinator Staff Member F1 Coordinator DiRT Coordinator Premium Member Content Producer

60%
    Last edited: May 14, 2017
  2. DemoN F1

DemoN F1 F1 Coordinator Staff Member F1 Coordinator DiRT Coordinator Premium Member Content Producer

60%
    Ignore the stage conditions for a few moments XD

3. DemoN F1

60%
    All done now, just like it never even happened :p

4. DemoN F1

60%
    We know the reason why the standings show the PS4 round two drivers by the way guys. We had to wait until the end of round 2 to fix it, so the legend Mr @Banz will sort it when he's next online :)

5. Joseph Willows

Joseph Willows Formula Karter

25%
    Oh my what a rally for me, surely my best one, finally got a clean last stage and didn't bottle any incredible. What a way to give this unbelievable game a send off. I am generally feeling sad that this is the end of DiRT Rally because this game got me back into rallying and its undoubtably one of my favourite racing games ever. Thank you to @DemoN F1 for creating this, it has been unbelievable and I cannot wait for Season 4 of AOR DiRT on DiRT 4. DiRT Rally we are gonna miss you

• Like Like x 2
  6. DemoN F1

60%
    My pleasure :)

7. McPhilen

McPhilen Special Helper Dude Staff Member iRacing Coordinator

89%
    [​IMG]

So, let's get Codemaster's to put this ridiculous thing in the game haha. Radical on 'roids.

8. DemoN F1

60%
    Sweet mother of God. That's a fairly radical Radical...
    I'll show myself out

9. DemoN F1

60%
    Well you'd think I'd know where I was going after three weeks, but still clueless. Did no practice again, and suffered two punctures (one at the start of the full course..............) so yeah, no surprise to see I was terrible once again. Pace was half decent when I wasn't collecting penalties and damage, so at least I can take that away from this catastrophe. I'd like to say a big thank you to @DemoN F1 for picking an event which I am so utterly terrible at, and managed to make a bigger fool of myself at than in the rally leagues. PLEB!

10. EpilepticToast

EpilepticToast Formula Karter

45%
    Pretty good run through but I made a few mistakes on the full course this time with the tricky mix surface changes. Had to get it done quick because of a busy weekend ahead :arghh:. Probably not enough to get a victory in this final round unfortunately :grumpy: but I'll keep hope I suppose :p. Thanks to @DemoN F1 and all other coordinators for setting up a very enjoyable unique event! (y)

• Like Like x 1
  11. VBR Hayasa

VBR Hayasa AOR Pikes Peak Hill Climb Champion

55%
    Man...That was Very Hard to run wuth the two first Special the third was good and the final stage i have 2 sec Advanced in my first run but i crash i did two Barrel Roll but i think i'm finish 1st @DemoN F1 @EpilepticToast Nice Round Man That was so close

12. DemoN F1

60%
    AS IT STANDS:
    @VBR Hayasa will become the champion ahead of @EpilepticToast UNLESS @VBR Dast is able to knock him off the top spot in round three with just one day left.

These are assumptions made from the attendances we've had for the earlier rounds, but if 18+ people manage to beat Hayasa's time then I will stand corrected :p

Last edited: May 20, 2017 at 10:29 PM
  13. SolidNinjaSnake

SolidNinjaSnake Pro Karter

60%
    Man, this round was terrible for me!
    I was going to come here saying let's just move onto the next one haha but I realise this is the last one! Thought there was at least one more round but ah well, was fun while it lasted! =)

14. DemoN F1

60%
    It appears that @VBR Dast was unable to participate this week, which means that I will unofficially announce @VBR Hayasa as the AOR Pikes Peak Event Champion!

• Like Like x 1
  15. DemoN F1

60%
    The points are now updated! @VBR Hayasa takes the event title by just two points ahead of @EpilepticToast, as @Banz leap frogs @jamie-995 and the absent @VBR Dast in the final event to finish third overall.

Thanks for a great event guys, I hope to see you all on DiRT 4! :)

16. McPhilen

McPhilen Special Helper Dude Staff Member iRacing Coordinator

89%
    I did attempt to run this, but I made a huge mistake where I accidentally started the run when I thought I was doing practice. I had done one practice run, then wanted to change setup so did, but for some reason it didn't change to the one that I wanted and then instead of practice I must have accidentally clicked to go to the run which basically ended any chance as the setup was pretty much undriveable on the tarmac and I crashed significantly both times. I abandoned both runs, and then there must have been a warning that if you abandon both runs, you can't complete the rest of the stages as I was instantly brought back to the main menu and it said I had already completed the event. I was mashing the 'a' button as I usually do after runs to get to the next one, so that would explain why I missed any message. It's a shame as I was really looking forward to doing the other two stages, even if I thought I was going to be 25-30 minutes down. Oh well. It was a good little mini season. I have no idea if I'll be back for Dirt 4, I'll need to know more about the game.

17. DemoN F1

60%
    Yeah, if you abandon both runs then you basically retire since you need a time in the previous stage to progress to the next stage. Same in rally but since you only have one run there then you basically just retire on the spot :) I'm going to try and do an article and a few information gathering tests at the start of the game to be able to find out just how the game will work for us in AOR, so be sure to check through them to help you decide (y)

• Like Like x 1
  18. VBR Swift

VBR Swift Pro Karter

60%
    The end of the hardiest version of pikes peak ,not a good pace but happy to finish 7th , congratulations to my team mate @VBR Hayasa . And thanks the organisation for this beautiful event

• Like Like x 1
  19. VBR Dast

VBR Dast Formula 4 Test Driver

10%
    Sadly I couldn't connect to the racenet servers. Really annoying as I was quite fast in sector 1 while practising but yeah, sh*t happens...
    Congrats to all the drivers that took part and especially to @EpilepticToast and @VBR Hayasa (y)

Thanks to @DemoN F1 for this event ;) and see you on DiRT 4!

• Like Like x 1
  20. RoadRunner11

RoadRunner11 Semi-Pro Karter

67%
    Called it quits after getting punctures on both runs of the first sector. Guess Hillclimb ain't my thing (n).

Big thanks to the event organizers for setting everything up in the past few seasons. It has been a lot of fun competing with some of the best racers yet. I look forward to continuing our journey in DiRT 4! ;)

Last edited: May 23, 2017 at 12:29 AM
    • Like Like x 1