PS4 - AOR Pro GT3 - Round 5 - BATHURST - 20/4/16 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Pro GT3 - Round 5 - BATHURST - 20/4/16 @ 8:00pm

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Is there a prize for absolute stupidity?

Q:12 R:DNF
Had a plan... Since I'm not quick around Bathurst I will try a no stop race. Went well in the beginning, got from 12th to 8th after 9 laps. On lap 10 my own stupidity and clumsiness showed it's ugly face to me. I spun in the downhill section without serious hit, let 2 cars pass and tried to get the car around...and nothing happened! I forgot to activate automatic clutch, stalled the engine and, NO! I have not assigned a button to start the engine (beacause I have assigned a button for automatic clutch on/off). Couldn't get the car going, retired to the pit :banhappy: :banghead: :dead:

So if there is a prize for stupidity I propably won that...

Congrats to @machwebb for the win and everybody for getting through that race :)

Bring on Watkins Glen!!!

Andoryu

GP2 2nd Driver
Mar 8, 2016
Is there a prize for absolute stupidity?

Q:12 R:DNF
Had a plan... Since I'm not quick around Bathurst I will try a no stop race. Went well in the beginning, got from 12th to 8th after 9 laps. On lap 10 my own stupidity and clumsiness showed it's ugly face to me. I spun in the downhill section without serious hit, let 2 cars pass and tried to get the car around...and nothing happened! I forgot to activate automatic clutch, stalled the engine and, NO! I have not assigned a button to start the engine (beacause I have assigned a button for automatic clutch on/off). Couldn't get the car going, retired to the pit :banhappy: :banghead: :dead:

So if there is a prize for stupidity I propably won that...

Congrats to @machwebb for the win and everybody for getting through that race :)

Bring on Watkins Glen!!!
Well, at very least you'll remember to sort out your button map again. Never mind bud, it can only go better next week!

Andoryu

GP2 2nd Driver
Mar 8, 2016
Oh and for the record @Bankai_Bullett @Tigerkart_22 @Alex Varic and the other league co-ordinators... if we had the choice to vote tracks in or out, I would definitely like to see Bathurst return. We have proved that we can race cleanly here. I know it depends who is actually racing on the night but as long as drivers go into it with a calm head, it can be done. I know there were problems with semi-pro last night but that was a member problem rather than a track issue. So I personally hope to see the mountain again in the league races.

CragglesD

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 22, 2014
After Lap 1 I found myself behind my teammate @Delaney and @CragglesD in the Z4. I seemed to save the pace in hand on the mountain on both of them, so I was doing my best to get a clean exit onto that back straight. It was a shame for the Corvette this race. It doesn't quite have the pace it needs on the straights - it tops at 172mph without a tow - but it felt great on the mountain. Unfortunately there's no where to pass unless the guy in front makes a proper mistake. So for 10-11 laps I found myself behind the Z4 of @CragglesD and just doing all I could to try and make the pass on the open circuit. We ran seriously close pretty much for the whole 10 or so laps, so thankyou @CragglesD for being such a clean and thoughtful racer! You always realised when I was able to get along side you, and you defended like a pro. Even though I was relieved when you made your mistake so I could get in clean air again, at the same time it was a real shame because I know we could have battled to the finish like that. :stig:(y)
Yeah was a great battle and I was thinking, will I be able to keep this up for the whole race (I wasn't planning to stop until I got too much damage). Obviously the answer was no!

The number of times I thought you would have me on the back straight or after turn 1 when I sometimes got a bad exit. But you never quite had that top speed. I actually took some rear wing off in warm up when I saw myself getting mugged on the back straight in qualifying.

I also had my brake ducts to 0%. That may have helped the top speed too but I think it also meant I had to brake quite early for some of the big braking zones as the car wasn't slowing down quickly enough since the brakes were likely overheating. So I thought you'd outbrake me at some point too.

I do enjoy defending though. It's all about covering the apex so they can't cut back on you. This can mean sacrificing your own pace though.

By the end of the race I had the car very stable going through the turn I span on. A shame I hadn't figured it out sooner! Ultimately though I didn't have the outright pace to deserve a genuine 3rd place (unlike Laguna) so I didn't feel too bad about the result.

Andoryu

GP2 2nd Driver
Mar 8, 2016
I was doing my level best to try and get past! I didn't fancy trying to overtake on the mountain and to be fair even if you felt some of your braking had to be made early there never was a gap or even half a chance of sneeking by.

As for the top speed, i may be able to get another 1mph or 2 out of it if i close the radiator and brakes completely... and I may have to do just that at Waktins next week to even have half a chance at being competitive. That said I would have needed to be doing 5-6mph more to have a chance of getting past, simply because you put your car exactly where you needed to in the braking zones. :cool:

Reactions: Bankai_Bullett

Nexus1011

F1 Champion
Apr 14, 2016
Good race guys.
In Q i was 5th so that was nice. I had a 90% clean first lap then someone in front of me spun out and then i couldn't do anything...started to brake to avoid two cars in front of me but someone hit me from behind and i went to barriers and damaged my car badly.
Drop to 12th place + pit 30 sec. After that i had "boring" race at the back of the field trying to catch up rest of the cars (good luck that i had 100L of fuel and medium tires) and i was doing some solid laps around 2:08:5s until the 18th lap when i went to pit for new tires.
5 laps to go i had good battle with @Defiant195 in Vette for 8th place.
It was alright...i had a good pace...too bad for the damage at the end of the 1st lap.
Now to Watkins Glen :)

o-YOUNG-DAVE-o

Reigning AOR PS4 GT3 Pro Champion
Nov 21, 2015
Q:4
R:2

Qualifying went as expected. Miles off pole. I knew @machwebb @Bankai_Bullett and @mgdunn22 would all out-qualify me as I had done a test session with them earlier in the week so I knew 4th would be the best I could hope for. Congrats to @Bankai_Bullett for a storming lap.

My start was pretty good, got of the line straight into 3rd and was very cautious around turn 1. @mgdunn22 came back at me down the straight and overtook me around the outside of turn 2 which gave him the inside for turn 3. That was a great move to be fair. Luckily he went too deep into turn 3 and I was able to sneak back up the inside and take 3rd back. Coming to the end of the 1st lap I noticed I was gaining loads of time on @mgdunn22 and realised there had been a crash.

As @machwebb and @Bankai_Bullett pulled away (like I knew they would) I was left on my own for the entire race as I had a sizable gap over those behind as well. Alls I had to do was gap those behind and not worry about those in front. I managed to gain quite a lot of time on those behind me so that gave me a good buffer incase anything went wrong. If wanted more points than what third offered the best I could hope for is a mistake from @Bankai_Bullett or @machwebb and that's exactly what happened. Half way through lap 10 I noticed @Bankai_Bullett going at a snails pace and took 2nd in the mountain section. I watched your stream back and you were unlucky to loose it there.

Now I'd just have to keep it clean till the end as I had no intention of stopping. I had 4 or 5 minor taps on the walls but nothing serious until about lap 21 where I hit the wall pretty hard and broke my steering for the third race in a row. Luckily it was pretty minor and somehow did my fastest lap on lap 28.

I saw the odd back marker but it was a very lonely race for me, and to be honest that's exactly what I wanted for this race so I could have maximum concentration.

Good win @machwebb, it was going to come eventually and unlucky @Bankai_Bullett. Congrats to @Newy656 as well for 3rd and getting us a double podium. Those points will go nicely towards our team championship hopes.

I'll attach my video after editing it as I haven't had time. It's worth watching the 1st lap for mine and @mgdunn22 's battle through the 1st corners.

GG all and I'll see you all next week.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Good race guys.
In Q i was 5th so that was nice. I had a 90% clean first lap then someone in front of me spun out and then i couldn't do anything...started to brake to avoid two cars in front of me but someone hit me from behind and i went to barriers and damaged my car badly.
Sorry Nexus, it was probably me. Everything just happened so fast and suddenly someone got to complete stand still - apparently You and I had no chance in hell to avoid hitting You. If it's a consolation I got a quite severe damage at the front that....ok, You can read that in my report from the race. I lost a lot of time... I should probably just have pitted immediately.

RGT hayc

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 10, 2016
Q:8th
R:5th

Had a great start,got 2 places befor T1 then one more on the way up to T2.think I could of got one more but held back thinkin tryin not to win the race on the 1st lap.on the back straight was closin on mgdunn but tagged him in the corner nockin him off track,then it all went a bit crazy,I got hit mg got hit again,nexus got tagged aswell.after all that happened I slowed down to let mg past on the last corner losin at least 4 places.but got past him a few turns later on the next lap.then just settin my sights on makin places back.had a few spins had to pit sooner then I wanted too.but at least I didn't lose any wheels....really happy with my 5th place finish.great racin guys super clean stuff.

Reactions: Andoryu

Newy656

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
Premium Member
May 18, 2015
Q-7th. made a mess of qualifying just couldn't get a decent lap together & was 1.2 secs of my PB.

R-3rd. Got away ok but lost couple of places due to taking it very steady for the 1st lap or 2 not wanting to take any risks.
2nd to last corner couple of cars had a coming together which allowed me through but I then had @CragglesD on my inside & he took the place into final turn.

L5 passed @Delaney down the straight (guess you was using a lot of wing)
Now was gaining on the battling @Andoryu & craggles looked fun from behind until craggles spun at the end of the mountain section allowing me through then passed the damaged Bentley of @Bankai_Bullett (unlucky man)

Now it was my turn to battle it out with andoryu this time he was defending until he made a slight mistake through the mountain which let me through, now he was chasing me down until he pitted,

From then on I was on my own, young dave being around 26 secs ahead, I was planning on only pitting for damage repair & so far had just a couple of scrapes with the wall so time to look after the tyres.

With 3 or 4 laps to go I dropped the pace a bit more not wanting to bin it in the wall with now worn tyres but on the last lap just coming out of the mountain section (same place craggles spun) I did bin it into the wall then there was a mad panic to get the M3 facing the right way before @Andoryu came round, with my steering bent I managed to cross the line 7 secs ahead.

Bathurst was a track I voted for & like Andy said we proved it deserved it's place on the calendar.

Congrats to @machwebb on the win, & teammate @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o for 2nd

Andoryu

GP2 2nd Driver
Mar 8, 2016
Q-7th. made a mess of qualifying just couldn't get a decent lap together & was 1.2 secs of my PB.

R-3rd. Got away ok but lost couple of places due to taking it very steady for the 1st lap or 2 not wanting to take any risks.
2nd to last corner couple of cars had a coming together which allowed me through but I then had @CragglesD on my inside & he took the place into final turn.

L5 passed @Delaney down the straight (guess you was using a lot of wing)
Now was gaining on the battling @Andoryu & craggles looked fun from behind until craggles spun at the end of the mountain section allowing me through then passed the damaged Bentley of @Bankai_Bullett (unlucky man)

Now it was my turn to battle it out with andoryu this time he was defending until he made a slight mistake through the mountain which let me through, now he was chasing me down until he pitted,

From then on I was on my own, young dave being around 26 secs ahead, I was planning on only pitting for damage repair & so far had just a couple of scrapes with the wall so time to look after the tyres.

With 3 or 4 laps to go I dropped the pace a bit more not wanting to bin it in the wall with now worn tyres but on the last lap just coming out of the mountain section (same place craggles spun) I did bin it into the wall then there was a mad panic to get the M3 facing the right way before @Andoryu came round, with my steering bent I managed to cross the line 7 secs ahead.

Bathurst was a track I voted for & like Andy said we proved it deserved it's place on the calendar.

Congrats to @machwebb on the win, & teammate @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o for 2nd
Well that explains it! Funny how some tracks can bite you as soon as you try and chill out. Ul with the crash but well done for getting it back. Of course i would have taken the place but it would have felt like a hollow podium as you had the pace on me throughout.

Jan had damage which is why he was slow on the straights mate... but also the vette is slow, even with all the downforce off. I believe Jan @Delaney and @Defiant195 running with 0 downforce the same as me.

• Agree
Reactions: Delaney

Newy656

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
Premium Member
May 18, 2015
Well that explains it! Funny how some tracks can bite you as soon as you try and chill out. Ul with the crash but well done for getting it back. Of course i would have taken the place but it would have felt like a hollow podium as you had the pace on me throughout.
Looking back on it I probably slowed down bit to much & suspect my tyre temps dropped, coupled with worn tyres think that's why I lost it so easily, something to remember in future!

Reactions: Andoryu

Defiant195

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Q:11?
R:9

Actually ran with 0 / 4 wings, I was not brave enough to go lower. Found a decent setup a few days to get through the dipper consistently. Did not practise the day before thinking I would not make the race.

Was consistant apart from after a pitted for a bit extra fuel (which I would have had to save around 9 litres to make the end 6 if lapped which I half expected to happen) and new tyres which I did not really need but decided it was worth a few extra seconds in the pits, anyway I then span at turn 2 with craggles behind just got the braking wrong and carried too much speed. Was facing the wall and had to a 2 point turn to get going again. Tyres were cool rest of the race so was caught in the last few laps by nexus.

Not a great performance but not the disaster it could of been. Well done on the pole Bankai a man with speed and absolutely no consistency. So the opposite of me then. Well done to all really spins were likely but we didn't have that many.

Well done machwebb and the podium finishers, especially newey.