Status
Not open for further replies.

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Thanks for your quick response :)

So we would have to select the same weeks to drop to give ourselves the best chance?

If that's the case then maybe this is something we should look into changing a little bit going into Season 3 because the chance of 2 team mates having commitments on exactly the same weeks out of the 12 is highly unlikely. I'm guessing it'd be much trickier to calculate and keep track of?
I'm not going to put in legislation to encourage drivers to miss an event just to boost their team. The only reason drop weeks are in is that I appreciate drivers may not be able to race 12 weeks in a row or life circumstances have prevented them from doing so. You should be signing up with the intention of doing every race.

Daniel Morris

Pro Karter
Mar 7, 2015
Sorry,maybe you've taken what I've said the wrong way. I for sure will be doing my best to get to every race as otherwise I wouldn't have joined the league. Just I don't see why if I miss a race it should immediately make the week pointless for my teammate in terms of the team championship.He should still be able to contribute if he performs well that week. Do you understand?

It would still leave the door open for a 2 driver team to miss 4 races in total either way so it wouldn't hurt participation with drivers still aiming to do all 12 weeks to optimize their own and their team's chances.

Hey,it's your league, set it up as you please, as long as the racing is fun I'm fine with it ;)

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Wouldn't the team championship just be the total points of both drivers added together at the end after calculating the drop weeks? I Assumed that's how it'd go as that would make far more sense.

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
look Phil I'm just trying to wing this whole league organiser business alright

Andreas Martin Mørch

Formula Karter
Dec 28, 2014
Would it be possible for a driver to sign up as a reserve driver and still be connected to a team? So that if one from the main team does not show up and a reserve driver connected to that team gets a spot in the race, their points would count in the team championship. My teammate won't have as much free time as he expected so we are currently weighing our options. Of course, if the main drivers show up and the reserve driver races as well, their points won't count for the team.

EDIT: Didn't see that the current discussion was actually relevant to this issue. But wouldn't this actually potentially solve that? I am a little confused to be honest though, will read over everything again lol.

Last edited:

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Wouldn't the team championship just be the total points of both drivers added together at the end after calculating the drop weeks? I Assumed that's how it'd go as that would make far more sense.
This IMO. Stops teams from using the drop weeks tactically and is much less complicated.

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Okay we'll go that way then. So each driver's worst scores will be taken away from both standings at the end of the season.

You can tell I'm a maths expert over here. You can probably also tell I'm a little bit confused as well lol.

HI Guys, hopefully you can add me to the Reserve list, should be up for racing this week if there is space.

Phil Blythe - #3 - UK&I - A 4.22
Welcome back Phil, #3 is taken I'm afraid.

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Would it be possible for a driver to sign up as a reserve driver and still be connected to a team? So that if one from the main team does not show up and a reserve driver connected to that team gets a spot in the race, their points would count in the team championship. My teammate won't have as much free time as he expected so we are currently weighing our options. Of course, if the main drivers show up and the reserve driver races as well, their points won't count for the team.

EDIT: Didn't see that the current discussion was actually relevant to this issue. But wouldn't this actually potentially solve that? I am a little confused to be honest though, will read over everything again lol.
If I understand you correctly, you want a third driver to play the role of 'reserve driver'? Will this driver only drive in place of one of your guys? What if a space is open and he can fill the space? On the subject of drop weeks it seems like an advantage to have a reserve driver plugging in the gaps on the team standings if Tom couldn't make a couple of races for example so I'm inclined to say no to the idea for now. Of course he is encouraged to run a B team as most other drivers have done, and he would score points for that team whenever he raced.

Andreas Martin Mørch

Formula Karter
Dec 28, 2014
Just to put it, hopefully, more simply: He would function as a normal independent reserve driver, only getting a spot in the order of priority that's already there. However, if he does get a spot and there's an absent member from his associated team, his points will count towards the team championship.

I understand what you're saying though, this would give us an advantage if most teams are going to struggle with participating for every rounds unless it was more widely implemented in the different teams - in which case it would be a bit more realistic as well.

Crekkan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 30, 2014
im struggling to get hold of joshua, do u know where else i can get hold of him, i know he's Australian but i sent him a message yesterday night
Just give him time to respond Joseph, especially if you've already sent a message to him directly. He'll probably respond when the password is sent out for Round 1, but he might just want to stay a privateer.

In the meantime if you can, make a livery and logo IF you do get this team made. Robo seems to be on board if it happens, so you may as well get those two things ready before the deadline on Sunday and Wednesday, though I can make a special exception on that due to Anderson taking a while to check the forums.

Joseph Willows

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 17, 2015
Just give him time to respond Joseph, especially if you've already sent a message to him directly. He'll probably respond when the password is sent out for Round 1, but he might just want to stay a privateer.

In the meantime if you can, make a livery and logo IF you do get this team made. Robo seems to be on board if it happens, so you may as well get those two things ready before the deadline on Sunday and Wednesday, though I can make a special exception on that due to Anderson taking a while to check the forums.
the logo is the profile picture i have

Status
Not open for further replies.