Track: Barber Motorsports Park Full Course
Laps: 40 laps
Weather: Dynamic weather, marbles carried over

Standings:

frejo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 16, 2015
I will not be able to participate as I'm currently in China on a business trip.

• Informative
Reactions: Kez

GenericOverlord

F1 Test Driver
May 26, 2014
17th downwards is really close in the drivers standings! I would include 16th but I imagine Gunar will pull away a fair bit by season's end.

J-F Godin

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 1 Champion
Apr 28, 2015
just a battle for 4th now
I really don't know what to expect this week. I just finished installing my new HPP pedals in the cockpit. They are completely different from my CSP v2. I don't know if I'll have enough time to get used to them and up to my usual speed before the race tomorrow. :nailbiting::bookworm:

J-F Godin

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 1 Champion
Apr 28, 2015
Well it was going pretty good in practice and I was confident it would be fine in the race but I made a few mistakes in the first lap and I finally clipped the grass at the exit of the last turn and went straight into the inside wall. Race over... :banghead::sour:

Leister-Meister

GP2 Test Driver
Dec 8, 2014
The great disappointment.

Didn't have a lot of time this week to practice but was confident to finish the race. I concentrated a lot. I was strictly concentrating on following Martinsen and not hitting him in one of the opening laps. Concentrated on following, followed him ... into the grass on the outside of T1. Then I wanted to avoid any crashes while rejoining the track but unfortunately hit a bump which made my steering effort effectless and jumped right into Tye. I was very glad to see that he could continue his race. Mine was over.

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Well, completely ruined that. Was really looking forward to this as I had a decent practice session last night, had better pace and consistency than I was expecting at a track I'd never raced at before.

Started from a career best P10 and had a reasonable start, holding on to my position. I was behind Chris Fowler and early on noticed that I tended to go deeper into the downhill triple apex section than he was. On lap 6 I just forgot to adjust, and inexplicably ploughed into the back of him. Completely my fault, and I sincerely apologise not just to him but to Bruno for ending and ruining their races respectively. Tbh if neither of them put up a Stewards thread I think I will raise one on myself, because it was just terrible.

After that I was hanging on just about to Robo and slowly pulling away from Fis, until I binned it all by myself on the exit of the final corner. Hit the wall square on which meant I was able to avoid any suspension damage and continue, but front wing damage was costing me the best part of a second per lap. From there my decline was inevitable and I was just trying to get to the finish to secure some points.

Annoyed and disappointed because I think I had a genuine top 10 result on the cards here, especially the way the opening 5 laps panned out.

Reactions: Leister-Meister

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Hanging on for the first 28 laps was the most fun I've had, and probably some of my best driving for a while too. But I couldn't prevent the inevitable at the pitstops, and I couldn't keep close enough to Justin to make an attempt at it. Hugely disappointed to have my off towards the end too, the rear tyres just got too hot and spat me out onto the grass. But Justin was too good tonight.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I was strictly concentrating on following Martinsen and not hitting him in one of the opening laps. Concentrated on following, followed him ... into the grass on the outside of T1.
Ah, so that's what happened to you... I somehow ended up in a gear too high through turn 1 there, which just understeered me wide. So yeah... :oops:

In general for me, the start and the first 10-ish laps went better than expected, but then it was backwards from there, making multiple mistakes down at Turn 12/13 which also caused me some front wing damage due to bouncing all over the grass. Threw away a potential top 8 and finished 12th.

Remind me to make time for more than 20 minutes of practice for next week. I've never felt less prepared for a Pro Mazda race than I was today.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Didn't go too well, never felt totally hooked up. Most of my practice ended up being in completely different conditions and watched ROC too much as well. However, it was a great result in the end. 4th once again. At one point it looked I was catching Jamie, but then had a massive slide through the 12/13 chicane and decided to pit there and then. Took too much fuel because I made a dumb in my maths. Ended up ahead of Michael though (thanks to Fis), and just about held on in the end after making many mistakes. Like I say, 4th again, good times.

Osterkamp

4-time AOR iRacing Open Wheel Champion
Premium Member
Mar 15, 2015
Oh boy, on lap 3 and 4 my brake Pedal went crazy switched between 0% and 10% which slowed me down quite a bit. I hit the brakes a few times really hard and eventually it worked. My brake pedal went back to normal. I´ve got no explanation why it happend, never happend before i guess i have to clean them. :whistle:

Because of the issue i went from p6 to p14. After the issue was solved i started my way back up again and in the end i finished 8th. Quite a fun race tho :joyful:

Dysania

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 24, 2014
Qualified 3rd, might have had 2nd with a better lap but Justin aliened it and was not getting beat with that time. Kerry got by at the start but I wasn't consistent enough to hold onto the draft and not quick enough to catch back up, so I slowly faded and finished 8 seconds or so off. Phil and Michael were close behind me until the pitstop phase, so I still had to push, but I wasn't overly quick around here which is a shame because I actually like the track.

Onto Summit Point, that'll be a right giggle. No video again because I forgot to record sound like the noob I am.

Last edited:

Erti147

Super Mod & Steward Supervisor
Staff member
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Remind me to make time for more than 20 minutes of practice for next week. I've never felt less prepared for a Pro Mazda race than I was today.
Excuses for getting beat by a Tortoise

Bruno Domiter

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jun 13, 2015
Actualy I was happy with my times in the practice prior to the race, cause for the whole week I was lying in bed with 39,5 C temparature and no practice so to say, until this afternoon. Jean (Paul) Francois is my witness :)

I broke my rule to never fiddle with the setup before Q... I paid the price, cause I lost 0.5 sec. :sour:

In the race I felt quiet OK, gaining a couple positions in first 3 laps, then the unavoidable crash with stationary Chris Fowler destroyed my front and a bit of the suspension. Struggling with the car being cca 2 seconds off pace I managed 26 laps until my pitstop, where I crashed into the wall in the pit entrance left corner. :banghead::banghead::banghead: After 5 mins of repairs I went out again, imediately collecting 15 sec. stop'n'go penalty for speeding :banghead::banghead::banghead:. The car was very hard to drive even after repairs so finaly I "parked" it HARD into the wall 2 laps later :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

...message over...

:p:p:p

Robert Plumley

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 14, 2014
Good race for me in the end, done so little practice and wasn't expecting much so delighted just to bring it home:

Erti147

Super Mod & Steward Supervisor
Staff member
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Very good race for me. was getting held up a bit at the start, and when Alexander eventually went off I was able to catchup to the train.

Which while we're on the subject of Alexander, you seem to rage quit a lot? Tonight you dropped to last and pulled off onto pit entrance and Alt+F4'd

Anyway, made a couple of crucial overtakes on Robert and then a damaged Bruno. Got away from the train along with Tye but he got a gap so I was on me own. second half of the race, I got on the back of Fisi because of his mistakes/leaders coming through. I clearly pressured him so much he couldn't take it so he thought he'd try and cut a corner to get away but that failed for him, at which point I waved goodbye to him. :stop:

And in the closing laps I made a couple of mistakes which let Steve get right on me for the last couple of laps but a held him off for a solid 10th. (y)

Also nearly crashed into the pit wall for my pitstop again but missed it by a wheel. :finger: