AOR Pro Mazda Championship S4 Round 2: Sebring | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Pro Mazda Championship S4 Round 2: Sebring

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
No idea, Shadowplay is just a bit bad still at times..

Bruno Domiter

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jun 13, 2015
I was pretty strong at the beginning of the week here at Sub-ring... In practices laying pretty competitive laps, practicing to make it consistent. Then it turned out my brake load cell again had it's day on Thursday, so I couldn't drive in Tortoise practice. Tried to figure out something to fix it... I got it somehow working for Friday, but had to reset all the settings, and didn't have enough time to find my rhythm again. P8 in Qualifying was ok, but there should've been more in it. The race was a struggle from start to finish... There was a positive thing though! ;) I didn't loose a position at the start, and I think that's the first time here in AOR for me! :):):) But back to the thing... after 6-7 laps I already felt some grip loss and that got worse every lap. I was very nervous the whole race, driving too aggressive, making mistakes every lap. At the end I hoped to salvage the 9th place I was holding few laps before checkered, but then realized I didn't take enough fuel when stopping, so some strange fuel-saving mode ate up my fun completely. Last 2 sectors my car was already "coughing" and I lost another 2 positions and landed P11.

Not really the result i was hoping for, since I felt much faster when i practiced, but I'll take it! I wasn't able to deal with the situation better then I did. ;)

Congratulations to all who did good! (not only the fastest guys)

Erkka Lindstrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 8, 2014
My race started oké, but I made a PSI-mistake and they overheated in the later phases of the race and lost grip real quick. I was in a state where I hadn't been off the racing line for about 8 laps, then I finally had some competition with erkka (I think?)
and I went off the racing line to overtake on the inside and suddenly noticed just how bad of a state my tyres were in and hit him and took him out of the race. I was fine, sad that it happened. First crash I was the cause of in my four seasons here and I want to apologize for it.

In the end I ended 13, which shouldn't have 14th so I'm happy with that position.

Yeah... Race was fun before this crash happened. I think it wasn't good move, 5 laps left and you tried overtake way too far away. Did not realize you are gonna try there. I was very dissapointed there :/

I had some fps problems for some reason too, Whole race it was pretty much laggy to drive so it was hard stuff.

Thank you for apologies!

FisiFan91

AOR Founder
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I'm not sure how someone can say that coming into a corner from a long way back to hit someone in the rear, without having been alongside at any point, is the fault of the driver ahead. Watch it from Fredrik's cockpit view - he did not do anything wrong, apart from just being slow through the corner, and he didn't deviate from the racing line beyond turning in a fraction later than usual. Remember that it is generally the responsibility of the driver behind to make sure he doesn't run into the back of a slower car ahead (unless the car behind was clearly alongside the car ahead, or the car ahead was essentially stopped on the racing line, neither of which was the case here).

If people disagree, that's completely fine, but this particular situation was pretty clear-cut from how we see it. However if anyone feels the need to discuss this further, I'd be happy to do so in private.

While I'm at it, I also just want to reiterate the point that we don't at all enjoy dealing with stewards enquiries and handing out penalties, but it's part of the mechanism required to help enforce the rules of no contact/clean racing in the league. It has to be said that I've seen a lot of incidents happening in this league that would definitely warrant action being taken, but that never get brought up to the stewards. However the incidents that do get brought up, we have to deal with in the way we deem to be most fair/appropriate.

Leister-Meister

GP2 Test Driver
Dec 8, 2014
If I were one of the stewards I would have voted to deduct 10.5 sec instead of only 10, my friends!

Apart from that big mistake you are doing a great job!

JimmyJay

Pro Karter
Jun 3, 2015
If people disagree, that's completely fine, but this particular situation was pretty clear-cut from how we see it. However if anyone feels the need to discuss this further, I'd be happy to do so in private.
Ok fisi, i understand that point. But closing the "steward poll" after the stewards decision without having chance to say anything more is in my opinion not the right way.
Maybe i am a bit pissed cause of the decision from S4R1, because i could have said some more to this thread after Kerrys decision to change a mind. But i only had one chance to get me noticed.
Please keep in mind, every decision could be used as discussion for further ones. Don't judge the same kinda incident different in further proclamations.

• Agree
Reactions: Flipmode

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
If we left the enquiries open there would just be massive arguments after each decision, we close them immediately across every league here. If you think it's a joke then I'll be laughing as if you just told me one.

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
I echo Fisi's thoughts entirely.

Ok fisi, i understand that point. But closing the "steward poll" after the stewards decision without having chance to say anything more is in my opinion not the right way.
Maybe i am a bit pissed cause of the decision from S4R1, because i could have said some more to this thread after Kerrys decision to change a mind. But i only had one chance to get me noticed.
Please keep in mind, every decision could be used as discussion for further ones. Don't judge the same kinda incident different in further proclamations.
In fairness both parties are given the opportunity to express their perspective before we act. Why didn't you say what you needed to say when you raised the enquiry initially?

barkayal

Formula Karter
Jun 9, 2015
Just throwing in my two cents here :

Some of the people picking on the stewards here should sometimes think about moves they pulled on various occasions over the last season, where people opted not file a protest.

Overall i think people in mid to backfield should try not to force too much early on in the race, it's sad to see that i , who didnt qualy for both races this season get 12 free positions in 3 laps due to "hard battles".

I mean in how many of the races you see people in the top 6 crash each other, there comes no incident to my mind except for Govand's YOLO moves.

Calling it "a joke" is not good sport here , just because it didnt suit your need Patrick , I'm used different manners of you from our contact on Monza e.g.

JimmyJay

Pro Karter
Jun 3, 2015
I echo Fisi's thoughts entirely.

In fairness both parties are given the opportunity to express their perspective before we act. Why didn't you say what you needed to say when you raised the enquiry initially?
because i thought the replay would say the rest.
I am suprised how it comes out.
I can't understand this and i am totally angry and frustrated about this.

But you know...
Keep Calm and Chive On

Sorry if i have gone to offense in this forum.
Next time i will do it in pvt message.

Pat White

Pro Karter
Dec 8, 2014
Ok....I will close the door on this.
I was behind Frederick entering the esses,and as the steward said,he was a little slow and a little late on turning in....just a little,but it was enough to leave me with nowhere to go,I could not go left as Frederick was already there,having run a little wide,I could go no further to the right as it was over the kerb,I could brake no harder I felt as I would lose the back,ther was no time to adjust my line,nothing I could have done except keep as far right as I could and hope Frederick didn't come back in,having gone a little wide and a little slow.I had no intention to pass,I did not want to be alongside through those bends,but Frederick's slight error brought me alongside.I did not enter the corner unpredictably or to fast,I made the apex,the car in front was off-line and slow,so I get penalised.
In regard to the stewards,my input was what I replied to Frederick in the original protest,there was no futher input to the stewards as none was asked for.
If you had a problem Marc with Monza then you should have made a protest,I apologised to you a few times on the night,if you had put in a protest it would not have been contested as I knew it was 100% my fault.Yes, I have made errors and for each one I have personally apologised,as I did with you.
I have also been hit ,taken out et-al by others with not a word from them,but choose not to protest as I know they where not intentional,it's racing and people make mistakes.
Sorry for the longish post,but as the door is locked to the stewards,I wanted to let it be know what my view is.
Car *45 is withdrawn from the series.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Flipmode

FisiFan91

AOR Founder
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
In regard to the stewards,my input was what I replied to Frederick in the original protest,there was no futher input to the stewards as none was asked for.
There was no further input needed. Fredrik gave his view, you gave your view. We read both views, looked at the replay footage from several angles and came to the conclusion we felt was reasonable based on what we saw.

I have also been hit ,taken out et-al by others with not a word from them,but choose not to protest as I know they where not intentional,it's racing and people make mistakes.
I know you have been at both ends of various incidents in the past. Nobody have said you have done anything intentionally. But when an incident is brought up in front of the stewards, we have to look into it and come to a conclusion on who - if any - we think was at fault for the collision happening. And whatever outcome is decided, one party will always end up disappointed - that's just how it is I'm afraid. Even if you disagree with the outcome in this case (which is fine), I hope you can understand that.

Car *45 is withdrawn from the series.
So let me understand this correctly. After 33 great races in the league, you are pulling out entirely because of one stewards decision going against you? Seems like quite the over-reaction if that's the only reason, in which case I hope you reconsider.

GenericOverlord

F1 Test Driver
May 26, 2014
Since stewarding is being brought up...

Since joining at the end of Season 2, I've been both surprised and baffled by the lack of stewards enquiries, particularly considering there's always at least 1 incident in a race where a driver would get punished if an enquiry was actually submitted. I'm not saying, to clarify, that every little contact warrants an enquiry being forwarded, but incidents which end a driver's race, regardless of intentionality, should be forwarded to the stewards.

Also, I think that drivers should be able to submit incidents for stewards review if their race is ended, and the other driver involved carries on racing but subsequently retires due to an entirely unrelated incident, if they can't already. What this implies of course if that I think quali bans could and should be handed out. My 2 cents anyhow...

• Agree
Reactions: JimmyJay