iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
AOR Pro Mazda Championship Season 4
Round 4: Zolder

Information:
Date: 9th October 2015
Time: 18:30 GMT/19:30 BST Practice, 19:40 GMT/20:40 BST Qualifying, approx 19:50 GMT/20:50 BST Race

Circuit:
Track: Circuit Zolder Grand Prix
Laps: 36 laps
Weather: Dynamic weather, marbles carried over

Standings:

TBC

Alibambam

Pro Karter
Dec 16, 2014
The Belgian double continues!

Actually only live about 20 minutes away from this track by car. Tickets are always cheap for their events so I pass there often, for Blancpain endurance and last weekend there were Nascar cars driving there (boy they're loud);

This track is all about braking properly. Also there are some really easy 1x's to get at the exit of the second chicane.

Osterkamp

4-time AOR iRacing Open Wheel Champion
Premium Member
Mar 15, 2015
Looking forward to this track. Really fun and challenging at the same time (atleast for me :D). I think its gonna be a close race.

Dysania

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 24, 2014
I'm conflicted here. I love Zolder, but I don't love launch pad chicanes. I'm expecting my race to end in rather spectacular fashion :D

• Optimistic
Reactions: Osterkamp

Hugo

Formula Karter
Jun 11, 2015
Hope you guys have a great race this week.
I am out until i am able to sort my issues with my rift (seem to be related to he nvidia drivers that I was using - but i have to have sure that this thing is controlled until i am racing with you guys again).

See you soon, i hope.

Regards,
Hugo

• Informative
Reactions: Kez

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Hope you guys have a great race this week.
I am out until i am able to sort my issues with my rift (seem to be related to he nvidia drivers that I was using - but i have to have sure that this thing is controlled until i am racing with you guys again).

See you soon, i hope.

Regards,
Hugo
Hope you can find a solution to it mate.

GenericOverlord

F1 Test Driver
May 26, 2014
TIL that it's incredibly easy to cut the first part of the second chicane...

Quite a challenging but fun track though.
[DOUBLEPOST=1444337125][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, the turn numbering for this track is ridiculous. How can 4 corners come under the blanket of "turn 7"!?

Erti147

Super Mod & Steward Supervisor
Staff member
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
If anything I'm gonna crash when coming out the pits, if I make it that far.

RickeeyC

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Haven't done any practice yet and never turned a corner here :nailbiting: expect me to be last :D

frejo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 16, 2015
Quali was a pleasant surprise with P11. Race not much of surprise at all where I got taken out. Feel sorry for @Leister-Meister that got collected. Maybe I should stick to time trials or something?

Steve Kagerer

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 4, 2015
Bad race for me, apologies to Richard for coming back on track, once I was in the grass and had over-corrected to avoid the wall I just couldn't get it to turn back to the right before getting in your way.

Steve7

Pro Karter
Aug 5, 2015
Lee I really dont know what you were trying there in Lap 2 Turn 1... you nearly killed us both there....

Yeah Teemu... forget about it... racing incident... shite happens and Life goes on :D

But 1 really funny thing: My setup was real crap. My setup was build in 40°C track temps and it was a touch oversteery. But in the session tonight there was no grip at all... I tried serveral setups/failsaves as I call them but none of them worked...

• Friendly
Reactions: Togomies

Tye

GP2 Test Driver
Jun 26, 2015
Ugh race to forget. First of all sorry @frejo I completely misjudged the space you had on the other side of you and expected you to go a bit wider, wasn't until I touched you that I realised I was squeezing you right to the edge stupid move. Very sorry if you feel like it needs to go to the stewards I'll take any penalties.

Was actually a really fun race and the recovery from a crap qualifying was going pretty well until my internet started acting like a dick. Cars disappearing, my car looking like its slowing down and trying to tell the family to get off the internet while negotiating chicanes proved to much for my wee brain and I spazzed it at the 1st chicane.