iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
AOR Pro Mazda Championship Season 4
Round 5: Twin Ring Motegi

Information:
Date: 16th October 2015
Time: 18:30 GMT/19:30 BST Practice, 19:40 GMT/20:40 BST Qualifying, approx 19:50 GMT/20:50 BST Race

Circuit:
Track: Twin Ring Motegi Grand Prix
Laps: 32 laps
Weather: Dynamic weather, marbles carried over

Standings:

Alibambam

Pro Karter
Dec 16, 2014
This really is one of the only road tracks I truely despise.

It's so bland, straight, 180, 90, straight, 180 and so on.. It's also no real charateristic imo. I'm still a second a half of top guys pace and I'm not sure I'll be able to improve a lot. It'll depend a lot on the weather I'm decent at 80-90 degrees but in practice sessions I've often had 104 degrees and then this track is absolutely hell to drive.

Also: 104 degrees in the northern hemisphere in october? Good going Iracing!

• Agree
Reactions: JimmyJay

WCHpon3

Formula 3 1st Driver
Aug 26, 2015
Can Anybody stop Justin Brunner? He's on the back of 3 wins in a row. Will be interesting to see just how Reid, Fluke and Knowlden react here in the land of the rising sun

Ghovand Keanie

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 21, 2015
This really is one of the only road tracks I truely despise.

It's so bland, straight, 180, 90, straight, 180 and so on.. It's also no real charateristic imo. I'm still a second a half of top guys pace and I'm not sure I'll be able to improve a lot. It'll depend a lot on the weather I'm decent at 80-90 degrees but in practice sessions I've often had 104 degrees and then this track is absolutely hell to drive.

Also: 104 degrees in the northern hemisphere in october? Good going Iracing!
this is one of the best-challenging tracks alongside Suzuka this season in my opinion. really hard to hook up a lap, but when you do, it feels like ur in heaven!

GenericOverlord

F1 Test Driver
May 26, 2014
Just a reminder, @Kptk92 that I will not be racing in this one, as stated in the Zolder thread after last week's race, as I am going home tomorrow afternoon to visit my family for the weekend.

See you all again for round 6, with my newly improved internet, and have fun in this one! :)

• Informative
Reactions: Kez

Erti147

Super Mod & Steward Supervisor
Staff member
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
@synergi Frames drop slightly through Turn 1, for me maybe by like 5-10fps

Tye

GP2 Test Driver
Jun 26, 2015
Seriously off the pace round here. Can't get to grips with the track and my setup just seems horrible with straight line speed and lack of grip on corner exit.

Dysania

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 24, 2014
Hoping this race goes like last time we ran Twin Ring 2 seasons ago for AOR
I sincerely hope it doesn't. I had a shocker and then ran out of fuel at the end. I despise this track with every bone in my body so I'm not expecting miracles here.

Hugo

Formula Karter
Jun 11, 2015
Sorry about this late announcement but i am still out of contention as i have not be able to fully understand what is happening with my pc... :(

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
Was away for work the last 2 weeks so had a pretty hard time finding speed on this track.
With help of Ghovand found some speed yesterday and felt pretty confident for the race.

Of course messed up qualify and started in P9. P8 was Osterkamp and P7 Cam Stark.
Overtook Osterkamp in lap 1 and closed in on Cam pretty quickly. A gap between Cam and p6 already began to exist and I had the feeling I was faster than Cam.

On the back straight in lap2 I had enough draft to overtake Cam on the inside and, competitive as he is, Cam immediately tried taking that place back. It was probably not the smartest thing for him to do on that corner because there was contact and we both crashed. I was able to continue for a few more laps but had a lot of suspension damage and couldn't drive good laps, decided to pit but repair time was 2 minutes so retired....

Talked to Cam about it and it's all good :)

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I have one last throw of the dice to make, and if that doesn't improve things then I think it's time to give up tbh. Because tonight, again, was an absolute nightmare. I lost SO much time through errors that were only caused by the awful and inconsistent frame rate. I know a lot of people suffer at Motegi anyway, but I have problems everywhere. And when i'm coming from a starting point of 30 FPS, if things go wrong i'm in properly bad territory.

My last throw of the dice is switching laptops. It has no wireless adaptor so I can only use a wired connection, and is slightly newer so might have better graphics stuff. I'm not racing next week, so i've got some time to get iRacing up on it over the next fortnight. If it's no better I think i'm going to call it, because it's about as close to undriveable as it can possibly be tbh.

• Optimistic
Reactions: FisiFan91

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Championship hopes disintegrating fast but if I have more battles like that then count me in!

Reactions: Robert Plumley

Leister-Meister

GP2 Test Driver
Dec 8, 2014
Didn't have a lot of expectations before the race - I simply don't like this track. During the practice session I tried 5 or 6 setups - I didn't like any of them. In qualify I landed a lucky punch in my first lap which resulted in an unexpected good starting position. The race went even better as I quickly had found my rhythm. 3 laps before the finish line I had my one and only inc. in the last chicane and I lost some exit speed and had to let Teemu pass.

But overall a good race with some points scored.

Dysania

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 24, 2014
Started 2nd, got the lead off the start, had Justin stalking me for I think 9 laps then we went side by side for 3/4 of a lap which was cool, had the most shambolic pit entry in the history of the AOR Pro Mazda Championship, had then one of the worst outlaps in the AOR Pro Mazda Championship, finished 2nd. Video to come. I hope I never have to drive at Motegi again.

Last edited:

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
BATTLES. That was a lot of fun. As Kerry says, it seems we'll have a three time champion at the end of this, but not counting it out yet, everyone can have bad races.

But that race was a lot of fun. Team mate battles were had without the contact! (Well, there was one tiny piece, but no issue at all). Hopefully Indy will be good but I fear it will be well.... Not.