Track: Watkins Glen International Boot Course
Laps: 34 laps
Weather: Dynamic weather, marbles carried over

Standings:

To be updated..

GenericOverlord

F1 Test Driver
May 26, 2014
Not sure whether to run high, medium or low downforce here, but either way I assume that mechanical grip isn't particularly important.

Last edited:

Mitti87

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2014
i am expecting the worst for this race. i think the stewards will have a lot of work to do after this race. no chance to break away on the straight and then 2 wide into the chicane...i saw a lot of drama in the official races this week

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
I should stop turning up on such little practice.
I think you going off track caused Robert to lose concentration, go wide and make my car think it's in the olympics :p

RIP Andrew Browne2 - 2015-2015 We hardly knew ye..

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Had a brainfade with the fuel load, so was on course to do a pit-stop more than everyone else, but didn't get that far due to @xII robo IIx seemingly understeering into my rear tyre (possibly netcode). Race to forget.

Congrats to my teammate for his best result! @NillisLukins

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Well a shortish race report today:
Qualifying was the first time that I didn't get a PB, and I completely bottled my last attempt at T8 when I was about 3 tenths up which would have gained me like 6 places :cry:

Race:
Once again, I was too cautious on the opening laps, just hoping that I wouldn't crash into anyone, and then make myself a path through the field when I could. I dropped from 16th on the grid to about 19th and then gaining positions when others made mistakes and by passing on the straight.
Soon enough I was behind @Robert Plumley and I was just biding my time behind him as I wasn't going to go too much faster and not putting him under pressure while still getting the slipstream was my best opportunity to go "quick" while saving fuel and not pushing hard. Lap after lap I would be about a second to a second and a half behind him and I was up to about 12th when Jamie spun or something at the chicane! Then on the same lap, Robert ran slightly wide at T9 and I think span back onto the track causing me to do some painful barrel rolls, and put him back in the right direction.

I'm not asking for miracles, but if my streak of bad luck on racing games can stop, I'll be grateful :p

GenericOverlord

F1 Test Driver
May 26, 2014
Quali was alright. Got an alright launch but got freight trained by literally EVERYONE throughout the first lap. Had some fun until lap 4/5 when I spun at the chicane and lost pretty much everyone, was hoping for the best then on out. Thankfully for me, lots of peopled suffered a DNF or a badly damaged car, so I managed to get my best ever finish with P11. I'm not happy with it though because to be frank, I didn't deserve to finish that high as I drove plain terribly. Kept making mistakes throughout, and nearly lost it at least 3 times.

I'll take the 10 points but would rather forget this race. Turn 9 is just the worst as well.

Erti147

Super Mod & Steward Supervisor
Staff member
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Qualified with a PB. Had a good start, everything was fine. Then I tapped the wall on exit of the hairpin near the end of the lap and got 2mins damage. Despite all this I cruised around to 14th after many people DNF'd lol. May have been 2 or 3 positions higher but aye well decent points for being a lap down.

Robert Plumley

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 14, 2014
I think you going off track caused Robert to lose concentration, go wide and make my car think it's in the olympics :p

RIP Andrew Browne2 - 2015-2015 We hardly knew ye..
Sorry again Andrew :(, car just got away from me and i lost focus of your where abouts until it was to late. Hate turn 9 :(

Osterkamp

4-time AOR iRacing Open Wheel Champion
Premium Member
Mar 15, 2015
Well, finished 5th but it does not feel as great as i thought. Started from 9th and without passing someone on track i got up to 5th. I had a little battle with Fluke coming out of turn 3 i was inside while going side by side into turn 4 but i hit the inside kurb to hard and it send my front in the air. I went wide and i slightly hit Fluke sorry about that. That was also the reason why i got my 1x during the race -.- The rest of the race was pretty lonely for me it was more like a 34 Lap TimeTrail for me :D

Mitti87

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2014
Dont know what to say about this Incident after T1. Christoph said it was Phil´s fault, Phil said it was his fault but i think it was my fault too :nailbiting:. My Spotter said three wide when i entered T1. I knew that Phil was on my left side but i wasnt sure where Lee was after T1, so i decided to just hold my line and dont make any stupid things but i forgot that Phil is coming back from the run off area.....After this i found myself in the wall with a bend left front tire and had 4 minutes of repair. Its complicated but with this stupid run off area which counts as a racing line (or not?) its hard to judge who did something wrong there. The annoying thing is that i had lots of space on my right side but i didnt use it because i missed my Spotter saying Clear!

Congrats to my Teammates for bringing all 3 LMR-Cars in to the TOP 10! Good Job.

At least i can bring 4 Points for the Team Championship :penguin:

Dysania

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 24, 2014
I suppose I'll write a bit about what all happened in my shambolic race. I had meh pace in practice, not really able to hook up any laps on race or quali fuel which was expected. Then of course I had to pull out a PB by the guts of half a second in quali which put me 2nd. I still don't quite know how I do it in Quali because I never should have been near the front row. I got a solid start, went 2 wide with Brunner all the way up the hill. Kerry got the nose in to make it 3 wide, big mistake on my part. Heading into the chicane 3 into 2 doesn't go, I couldn't see Kerry so I wasn't sure if he was going to yield or not. Just as I went to turn in I seen his blue and white car right beside me. I had no choice but to take to the escape road and cut my losses.

I slowly and sloppily got my way back up to maybe 6th or 7th from 12th, not sure exactly how far back I was but I fell a long way. I made a mistake as soon as I got past Rene in the bus stop, the car pitched into a slide and I just about held on, though I fell back into the group of cars I had got past to begin with. Eventually I scrap away and get passed Rene again after we went side by side through the chicane again. Unfortunately I pulled the same trick I did before only this time I fully spun it and to try and avoid being stopped right on the racing line I let the car roll back a touch only to be a bright spark and hit the wall. The car was buggered but no meatball flag, so I trundled round to the pits and decided after the minute or so of repairs not to bother scrapping away for a single point at best, so I parked it up.

Barber next week should be interesting but I've got no time to practice for the rest of the season, university work is crippling me, so I've got to find a way to at least get the car home for the remaining races.

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
I had a great race long battle with @J-F Godin but unfortunately in all of the melee on the first lap I lost touch with the leaders immediately. As is always the case I had no straightline speed so I couldn't break away so had to accept battling for 3rd early on. Very fortunate that Phil had his accident to guarantee a podium finish, and also lucky that J-F nearly ended his own race to give myself some breathing space in the closing stages. 2nd was the the best case scenario this week. I now have more points at this stage than what I scored through all of Season 3 where I think I fared much stronger so the aim for the rest of the season is to get a new high points score. I got 230 in Season 1 and that looks possible. It's actually nice to be stringing together a decent, consistent campaign. Unfortunately there's one other guy who is having a better one @Justin Brunner ;)