AOR Pro Mazda Championship Season 2 Official Race Coverage | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Pro Mazda Championship Season 2 Official Race Coverage

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Crekkan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 30, 2014

Season 2 - The Season Of The Teams'
After a successful first season of the AOR Pro Mazda Championship on iRacing, today we can announce that the official race coverage will continue into Season 2, and will be broadcast exclusively on @FisiFan91's channel!

I will remain as the producer of the race coverage, acting also as a race promoter for the league, with @Togomies playing the essential role as the creator of the graphics and animation.

FakeGhostPirate, also known as Justin, will remain as our presenter and main commentator of the league, also writing race review articles for iRacingNews and hopefully the AOR site too. Alongside him will be our new co-commentator AeternoUK, also known as Joe, who is looking forward to the opportunity! He and Justin have commentated with each other various times in the past, commentating on the AOR F1 PC league. I will remain as a back-up commentator, with me and Fisi also doing the Qualifying Report.

This seasons coverage will feature a new look to the graphics as we continue to adapt and evolve alongside the league, as well as a new soundtrack, with the Season 1 OST to be released in the coming days on my channel!

We aim to release a new episode of the coverage every Sunday from the 29th of March!

With Kerry Knowlden looking to defend his title from new, fresh talent... with the Teams' Championship now more important than ever, with Team AOR split into two... and the new drastic changes to the suspension which promises to level the playing field... Season 2 will be looking to eclipse our first season in excitement! We hope you enjoy the ride with us over the next few months!

2015 Season 1 (Winter)

Season 1 Coverage
Season 1 OST

2015 Season 2 (Spring)

Round 1 - Interlagos
Round 2 - Barber Motorsports
Round 3 - COTA West
Round 4 - Monza

Recent Episode

Round 3 at COTA West is here! Expect Monza on Thursday!

Producer: Crekkan
Graphics & Animation: Togomies

Commentators: FakeGhostPirate & AeternoUK

Broadcaster: AOR Fisi

Season 1 Statistics (Calculated on the 22nd of March)

Season 1 Total Views - 34,921
Season 1 Total Likes - 1,308
Season 1 Total Comments - 366

Last edited:

Crekkan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 30, 2014
Season 1 key viewership statistics are up...

Season 1 Total Views - 34,921
Season 1 Total Likes - 1,308
Season 1 Total Comments - 366

Hopefully we can build on that for Season 2, looking to surpass those figures or match them. With 12 rounds plus a season review, don't see why not! Remember to keep sharing and supporting the coverage. Thanks guys.

Crekkan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 30, 2014
Me and Justin have tweeted to each other about the articles on the championship, and we might go with a plan in which we upload them AFTER the race coverage is uploaded.

As well as avoiding spoilers, this idea is mainly about being chronological with the Pro Mazda media. When we were doing the last few episodes of the season, I was writing articles detailing stuff about the championship after races which hadn't been shown yet, so it would make sense to upload articles after the race coverage, even if it's over a week after the round took place.

We're not 100% on this yet, but if you have an opinion which is longer than 8 words, let me know.

Crekkan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 30, 2014
The first round of the season is up!

Producer: Crekkan
Graphics & Animation: Togomies

Commentators: FakeGhostPirate & AeternoUK

Broadcaster: AOR Fisi

Would appreciate some feedback on:

1. The new graphics
2. The soundtrack choice
3. Any other things you want to mention

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
It's amazing how much better it looks with the blue! Also, love the new 'battling for position x' graphics, very handy and look really good.
I do like the soundtrack choice, only thing I'd say is maybe make it a little quieter for the results section. I felt it was a little too loud. As I say though, good choice of music, it fits well with what's going on.

Keep it up man!

Crekkan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 30, 2014
Some additional coverage on the round at Interlagos via our commentators today!

Justin has posted his first article on the series on iRacingNews: http://www.iracing.com/iracingnews/iracing-news/five-for-the-win-in-aor-season-2-opener

Make sure to like his post, really well done as always from him!

Also, Joe has released his race recap/review video for the round, and will be doing that for all the rounds this season after my request for it.

Again, like and subscribe to him! Great format, scripted very well and a good place to go if you want a refresh on the key moments of the round.

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
I'm so pleased with the way this is being branched out and it's being covered brilliantly by all of those involved. This exposure can only be a good thing, everyone wants to be a part of this at the moment :D

Crekkan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 30, 2014
I think it's fair to give you all a warning, but I may not be able to produce the Round 2 coverage in time for Sunday, and even if I do, it may only be highlights.

The main reason for this is because I'm really burned out at the minute, physically and mentally. In the race itself, the leaders blinked a lot, making it difficult to put in the lap counters (no finish line either) and look at their action consistently, the bad cameras at Barber, the lack of action from what I could see, and the noticeable amount of drivers using the wrong driver number.

I hope you guys understand if I do end up taking a break for Round 2, or condense that rounds coverage into highlights. I have done a lot of work over the past few months almost non-stop so it shouldn't be too bad of me right?

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
A lot of us said during S1 when you were (for lack of a better word) struggling to keep up with your pretty tight timescales, that not one person would mind or care if they were delayed or edited somewhat. There are many more important things in life than putting a video on YouTube and they should absolutely take priority.

Btw you shouldn't need to seek 'permission' from everyone - it's your life!!

FoRMuLA

Pro Karter
Jan 18, 2015
A lot of us said during S1 when you were (for lack of a better word) struggling to keep up with your pretty tight timescales, that not one person would mind or care if they were delayed or edited somewhat. There are many more important things in life than putting a video on YouTube and they should absolutely take priority.

Btw you shouldn't need to seek 'permission' from everyone - it's your life!!
I agree with Neil

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
If I'm honest I think going forward it would be better to do highlights, or at least extended highlights (ala Fisi's F1 league business) so the commentary still has that 'live' feeling.

Crekkan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 30, 2014
Just going to post an update to show the series ain't dead and what's changing due to advice from several people, as well as reducing the workload.

Firstly, GOOD NEWS! I've completed the main recording stages for the Round 2 coverage, and hopefully, while dicing with college work and racing in the league, I may possibly have the episode up on Monday evening.

Now, to get to the changes...

Basically, I'm reducing the episode length to around 40 minutes, 50 minutes maximum. This is basically making the show a highlights show, like with the F1 coverage. This is being done not just to reduce my workload, but to also try and increase viewer-ship, as a shorter video is more likely to get views as well as a full watch.

The format will aim for this:

Intro - 1-2 minutes
Quali - 1-3 minutes
Q Results - 1-3 minutes
Race - 25-30 minutes
R Results - 3-5 minutes

So at that range, it would be around a 43 minute video when on the limit, here's hoping.

Hopefully, this can maintain the quality of the video, with 5 stages of content, the main bulk being around 30 minutes, as there can be some boring moments, as well as increase viewer-ship and attention to the league, hopefully increasing it's prestige you could say. Hell, one day the iRacing Facebook page might share a video after a message or two, would be neat. This is sort of part of the plan to establish AOR on the iRacing scene, maybe the sim-racing scene in general, as a major player.

This is also being done as I'm planning something else for iRacing to do with AOR, and would need a lower workload for this league to accomplish it (I'll make an announcement near the end of the iRacing season).

Anyway, again, sorry for the abrupt stop in content. Had a burnout, some personal issues, as well as have to contend with college stuff, which I still do (exams are coming up, help). I'll just release episodes as they are done and HOPEFULLY catch up to the league calendar wise before the end of the season.

Thanks for the patience and to those bothering Fisi about the series, means a lot to know some people like what they watch even with hour plus stuff.

Crekkan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 30, 2014
Just an update on Round 3 and 4, I was ill over the weekend so I couldn't finish up Round 3 in time for commentary (Justin and Joe are busy too).

But, have no fear (or little, it is me), Round 3 should be up on Sunday May 10th, with Round 4 up on Wednesday May 14th.

We'll be doing a double commentary session basically, and this should also give room for Fisi's F1 race recap uploads to finish up and such.

After that it's anyone's guess how things will work. I'll try and keep to one upload a week, but I have exans coming up as well as my motivation to combat, but if things go smoothly, we might see two episodes a week. Again, the target is to catch up by the end of the season and not run into Season 3.

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
You don't need to worry about Round 3 Gino, no-one wants to watch it ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Crekkan

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
All we need is the sick battle between Jarvis and Van Doorn, plus 83 replays of Kerry's take-off and we're sorted!

Mark Jarvis

Pro Karter
Mar 23, 2015
All we need is the sick battle between Jarvis and Van Doorn, plus 83 replays of Kerry's take-off and we're sorted!
Yep that battle was definitely sick! Multiple overtakes per lap with 2 overtakes on the last corner of the last lap! Try and work that one out....

Just make sure there is some note of his illegal pass on me while off the track to go over the line and to take the place :p haha

Was intense though, the whole battle lasted around 10 laps I think...Cant wait to watch the highlights :)