AOR Pro Rally Championship - Round 2: Sweden | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Pro Rally Championship - Round 2: Sweden

p n k

F1 Senna Equivalent
Dec 29, 2015
Maybe try to practise the events beforehand, like set up custom events. From there you should start out slow and get to the end, so you will learn the track and little by little start trying different things. Good thing is not to go on full throttle and see if you can get through but to try different positions in approaching the corners, linking corners, trying half throttle in some corners and so on. Eventually you will notice you are much more consistent and over time the stage times are faster as well. Dirt Rally really favors not crashing and getting through the stage clean.
I think it's more fun to try to do it on the first run, gives you much more of a true rally experience, use the 10 training sessions to set up your car :)
Even more fun if you haven't tried the stage ever before :D

Starving

Pro Karter
Feb 21, 2017
Al

I think it's more fun to try to do it on the first run, gives you much more of a true rally experience, use the 10 training sessions to set up your car :)
Even more fun if you haven't tried the stage ever before :D
Yeah I agree in some ways, but if you are not comfortable with the stages or the car, practise always help. It is much more fun to get through the stage clean :D. Hopefully Your Stage in Dirt 4 will help getting more of this stage learning out and more of the general rallying and car control skill in there. I had to practise cause I had never driven the 2001 Subaru before Monte or this event, so had no idea about the car, still wondering about some things lol.

Last edited:

Maddog40

PC F1 Assist League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 13, 2017
Well I did at least finish stage 1 this time, so theres an improvement straight off the bat

(What do you mean, "2 minutes slower than everyone else?" :p )

Reactions: Sileighty80

iJokeri22

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Pretty sure thats the first time I beat one of the cods and by just 0.4 as well. :D

VBR Dast

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 18, 2016
Everything went well except the 3rd stage. 2nd sector I touched the snow bank, it sent me to space and then I was stuck in the snow. And at the end of the stage, again, touched the snow bank and then I was stuck on the snow bank somehow. Lost around 20-30s in total. For the moment I'm 7th but I could be 3rd right now if that 3rd stage didn't exist...

Good luck to the one who still haven't done the rally and well done to everyone who finished it ;)

Casey legend99

Formula Karter
Oct 22, 2014
Did my run yesterday and it went pretty well for me. Strong first 4 stages but I got a tiny bit over confident on Stage 5 and got an unfortunate puncture which cost me about 20secs. Also made a few errors on an otherwise strong final stage which was a shame. I'll probably end up just outside the points again like Monte, but I can be happy with finishing both rallies so far.

Maddog40

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 13, 2017
Got myself to stage 4 without dying, My main problem has been snowbanks and hitting them. A lot.

Sisuvoima10

FR3.5, PS4 GT3 Elite S8 & Rally Pro Champion
Jan 16, 2017
Phew! That was fun. Manage to do pretty well here in Sweden. I don´t know how many drivers are yet to drive the rally but I still wan´t to tell my thoughts. First five stages went very well. No big mistakes. I thought that the difference between me and the second was only few seconds before the last stage so I decided to push a bit harder than usually. That didn´t end up well. Few kilometers in and I had a big spin and the car end up rolling. That was the moment when I thought that it was over but luckily I managed to continue. Then I had an another spin only kilometer and a half before the stage end and then I was sure that I couldn´t win the rally anymore because I had had so many mistakes but to my surprise I drove fastest time for the last stage and managed to win the rally(almost, because it is still on).

Sileighty80

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 11, 2017
Phew! That was fun. Manage to do pretty well here in Sweden. I don´t know how many drivers are yet to drive the rally but I still wan´t to tell my thoughts. First five stages went very well. No big mistakes. I thought that the difference between me and the second was only few seconds before the last stage so I decided to push a bit harder than usually. That didn´t end up well. Few kilometers in and I had a big spin and the car end up rolling. That was the moment when I thought that it was over but luckily I managed to continue. Then I had an another spin only kilometer and a half before the stage end and then I was sure that I couldn´t win the rally anymore because I had had so many mistakes but to my surprise I drove fastest time for the last stage and managed to win the rally(almost, because it is still on).
Id love to see your stage 6 vid then! :jawdrop:

Sisuvoima10

FR3.5, PS4 GT3 Elite S8 & Rally Pro Champion
Jan 16, 2017
Id love to see your stage 6 vid then! :jawdrop:
Well I planned to do a video but for some random reason PS4 decided to delete those replays. I went to gallery and it wasn´t there. Do anyone have a idea what happened? It has done that before when I tried to record a race in Assetto Corsa.

Maddog40

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 13, 2017
Summary of my Rally -

Stage 1 - Well at least I finished, so i'm one-up over last time...

Stage 2-5 - Keeping in touch with the guys at the back, which I guess is all I can expect so I'm happy.

Stage 6 - one of the worst things I've ever done in my life. Ever. At least I finished the rally I guess?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sileighty80

Sileighty80

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 11, 2017
Summary of my Rally -

Stage 1 - Well at least I finished, so i'm one-up over last time...

Stage 2-5 - Keeping in touch with the guys at the back, which I guess is all I can expect so I'm happy.

Stage 6 - one of the worst things I've ever done in my life. Ever. At least I finished the rally I guess?
Finishing is always my goal right now. Speed comes with experience of the car and learning the routes down to inches.

Reactions: Maddog40

Mr AlcoN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jul 18, 2015
Unfortunately i dont have time to do this round. :( Rly shame since i think i could have done well here, oh well have to try to make it for Greece instead.

RBOS_00

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 28, 2016
Damn it.. the timer ticked on me, ran out of time to finish the rally :shifty:

iJokeri22

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
42nd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: