PS4 - AOR PS4 DTM Elite League S1 - Round 1 Hockenheim GP - 28/06/16 - 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 DTM Elite League S1 - Round 1 Hockenheim GP - 28/06/16 - 8:00pm

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Results are all done from the first race. :) I might have to take a picture of the table cause I doubt I'll stay there for very long. :D

@Tigerkart_22 @dadara74 @iSuperScrub Apologies if I missed it but did you guys decide on a team name?

iSuperScrub

4 Time AOR Project Cars 1 Champion
Mar 29, 2014
Qualifying - 2nd

Didn't really get the full potential out of qualifying. managed a 1.33.4 on my first lap and had lots of areas of improvements, as my first sector was a 20.9. But in the end i couldn't string a lap together but a 32 was possible. But well done to @Josh Clarke on pole.

Race - 3rd

Made a perfect start and led from @Josh Clarke and was able to control the gap between 1 -2 seconds for the first 10 laps. Lap 12 i pitted and i was surprised that @Josh Clarke didn't pit and i knew i'd probably come out with more of a gap. But at the end of that lap i half spun at the last corner and did slight damage to my car making my car have a lower top speed down the straight. Then around lap 15 - 16 i had another half spin at the second to last corner and lost 5 seconds to @Jthorn97 at the time. But the on lap 20 i completely messed up, my concentration was dropping of significantly more than when i was been chased closely by @Josh Clarke and the right hand kink after the Mercedes grandstand i just went straight pff ovber the curbs and it pitched my car to the inside of the track and slamming head on into the wall. I was very lucky to of got away with it without losing any wheels but my car was now incredibly slow in a straight line. And on the penultimate lap @iJokeri22 passed me into the hairpin, i managed to surprise him and re-pass into the Mercedes grandstand, but on the last lap he just flew past me on the run into the hairpin and there was no coming back. Then @pete day pulled off a nice pass on me into the stadium section, which demoted me to 3rd. Luckily i didn't lose 3rd on the line to @Rexuz after running wide at the last corner.

Overall glad to have finished with a podium at the end, but i still need to practice my race pace consistency more. I said that the people that are smooth and make no mistakes would win, and that's exactly what @iJokeri22 and @pete day did, so well done to both of them.

See you all next week at my favorite track, Road America!!

Race Start - 41.40

1st Spin - 1.02.50

2nd Spin -

msvance23

F1 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
Great to race with a group of guys so close in terms of pace, really enjoyed the race!

Two big mistakes cost me, so slightly disappointed with 6th, but it is a solid start to the season!

Congrats to my team mate for winning, good start for us in the team championship. Looking forward to RA, my favourite track on the game!

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
Great to race with a group of guys so close in terms of pace, really enjoyed the race!

Two big mistakes cost me, so slightly disappointed with 6th, but it is a solid start to the season!

Congrats to my team mate for winning, good start for us in the team championship. Looking forward to RA, my favourite track on the game!
And you overtook me on the last couple of corners when my front left tyre was completely gone

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Quali...6th
Almost equalled my pb but would never have got near @Josh Clarke's superb pole time. Well done for that. Very tight with the top 8.

Race 8th
Schoolboy error cost me any chance of the win when I was pushing for second. Then I was behind @pete day and I hit an invisible wall and got some damage. The car was rubbish after that and made a big mistake and went from 4th to 8th. Massive kudos to @Jthorn97 who was behind me when I was struggling. Very clean racing mate. Impressed!
Huge pressure the whole race and some great driving from all I saw. One of the hardest races I've had on AOR. Its great when everyone is so close. Should be a brilliant season?

Big congrats to Joker for the win and @pete day for 2nd. Unlucky @iSuperScrub but 3rd was a decent result with your mishaps.

dadara74

Formula 3 Test Driver
Mar 14, 2016
Damn what a disaster...simply didnt have the pace, lost a lot of time in turn 1 and the hairpin...hadnt found the time for some decent practice. Quali was very dissapointing (dead last), couldnt explain the huge difference in time...it wasnt untill the end of the warmup that I discovered I was on mediums all the time :banghead::confused: In the race I tried for a long stint on softs but already after 3 laps the tyres started to overheat so I had to back off in throttle...pitstop didnt help either as pressures were for medium tyres....:shifty:

Hope for better at Road America! Congratz to the podium guys!

Reactions: chris130256

Newy656

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
Premium Member
May 18, 2015
Q-10th Never great when it comes to qualifying but matched my PB So can't complain.

R-10th pretty uneventful race for me, made a place or two when others went wide or got a corner cut penalty,
On lap 8 made my first mistake taking too much curb round Turn 12 causing me to spin & then got a slow down penalty, allowing @Tigerkart_22 through,
From then on was pretty much on my own trying to keep the gap to @dadara74 behind,

Congrats to the top 3 especially teammate @pete day for 2nd place
Unlucky @chris130256, you really do like them invisible walls!

Reactions: chris130256

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
It looks like a good way to view. Excellent all round vision.
Great last couple of laps. Wish I'd been up there with you 3!

• Agree
Reactions: iJokeri22