PS4 - AOR PS4 DTM Elite League S1 - Round 2 Road America - 05/07/16 - 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 DTM Elite League S1 - Round 2 Road America - 05/07/16 - 8:00pm

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Looks like we have 2 missing tonight so we should have a grid of 10 and it sounds like everyone is around the same pace so this should be a great race. :)

Rexuz

GP2 Test Driver
Nov 22, 2015
Im the luckiest and most stupid person alive right now. Chased @Josh Clarke for 17 laps when I apparently decided to lose focus just for one corner and drift out half a meter too much with DRS open which threw me hard as hell into the barriers on the inside.

Thought it would be race over but somehow the car was still intact and I managed to limp around the last 2 laps, only losing one place thankfully.

Reactions: msvance23

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
A fiasco for me. Got a jump start penalty so pitted at the end of the lap, only for the game to give me a pitstop? Had to pit the next lap for the penalty and ended up 50 seconds behind 9th place. Am I missing something? Is there anyway to override the pitstop for a penalty stop?
I crashed on lap 9 pushing too hard on warn tyres. Game over.

msvance23

F1 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
Q. Managed my quickest lap around the track, so was really pleased with that.

R. Got a good start, was slightly confused when Superscrub was on pole, but he pulled over thankfully. I think just settled in behind clarkey until rexuz caught me. I didn't put up a fight as I knew he was quicker and didn't want to lose time or tyre wear battling with him.

After than it was all routine until rexuz crashed and I inherited 2nd. Solid race and happy with a 2nd place finish.

I think the next race at Sakitto will be a lot more action-filled, to say the least...

Reactions: chris130256

clarky_110

F1 1st Driver
Jun 7, 2015
My first AOR Win Buzzing!

quali - 27:45 in vid
didn't expect to get pole with a 2:00:2, made a mistake on 1st corner which lost me a bit of time, so wen out again as was 2 tenths up till got to last corner and someone had hit the cones which confused me for my braking point , so a faster time was on the cards, but somehow I claimed pole anyway

Race- 46:20

got a great start and pulled away and then just had to try keep concentration maintain the gap throughout the race, wasn't very eventful but so happy to win.

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q: 7th again on a 2:01.0

R: Made a pretty bad start the lights went out for me later then others @Newy656 moved a good half second before my green light came on.
I followed @Hunt_I24I after turn 1 and we both got past Newy quite quickly I was very pleased with my overtake I think I suprised Newy slightly.
From then on I was just following Hunt round and round for lap after lap I got close a couple of times when Hunt ran a bit wide but never close enough to overtake, we both pitted on lap 9 and came out in clear air.
In the second stint I decided to start applying pressure cause just following hadnt worked in the first stint. I spent most of the next 5 or 6 laps within a second and had one chance to get past in to turn 3 which I did but Hunt was able to cut underneath me on the exit and repassed in to turn 4, luckily about a lap later Hunt realised he didnt have enough fuel to finish the race so in the end it was very easy to get past.

2 Laps from the end @Rexuz crashed and I was closing at 3 seconds a lap but I was 1 lap away from catching him so finished 4th.

Well done @Josh Clarke on your first win and the other podium finishers you were all in a different class tonight and thanks to Hunt who kept the race entertaining for me.

As for next week Sakitto Sprint is a very tricky track I suspect it will be a race of attrittion and the soft tyres dont last very long at all so I wouldn't be suprised if its a 2 stop but I havent tried the mediums yet.

Last edited:

Newy656

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
Premium Member
May 18, 2015
Quali 4th. (although it showed 5th with superscrub on pole) My first flying lap I matched my PB but was surprised to go even quicker.

Race 6th, made a good start & held onto 4th until messed up the Kink allowing @Hunt_1241 through followed by @iJokeri22,
By L16 see joker get the pass on hunt this allowed me to close the gap to 1.5 secs by the end of lap 17 but by this point my tyres were nearly shot & with it any possible battle for 5th
All in all a good result for me, congrats to the podium finishers

Unlucky @chris130256 you had such good pace round here.

Q: 7th again on a 2:01.0

R: Made a pretty bad start the lights went out for me later then others @Newy656 moved a good half second before my green light came on.
Must have been the lights sync bug that the PC guys have complained about as I Def went on my green light, I just thought @msvance23 got a slow start & had to lift slightly so not to hit him

Reactions: chris130256

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I'm not complaining haha, but shudnt I be a point behind u as I finished 5th and 1st and u finished 1st and 4th?
Pole positions gives you points. [Said in the style of the RedBull gives you wings advert] :)