PS4 - AOR PS4 DTM Elite League S1 - Round 3 Sakitto Sprint - 12/07/16 - 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 DTM Elite League S1 - Round 3 Sakitto Sprint - 12/07/16 - 8:00pm

dadara74

Formula 3 Test Driver
Mar 14, 2016
Sorry to inform but I will not be able to make it for tonight's race (and probably next week's race) due to work commitment (summer is high season for us...)...

Good luck to all, should become an interesting race as it's probably an unknown track for a lot of us!

• Informative
Reactions: iJokeri22

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Yeah was about to say it. Where the f*ck to we overtake around here?
If someone messes up the chicane then you can pass on the pitstraight or just look after your tyres and capitalize at the end of the stint.

msvance23

F1 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
I can guarantee everyone will make at least one mistake, just need to be ready to pounce!

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
Smashed the start and went up to P2. Pace was strong but mistakes cost me a potential 2nd place.

I've been ill whole day and it affected my focus a lot. Gutted that I've now thrown away a lot of points so far.

Race from my POV:

Last edited:

msvance23

F1 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
Nice to get my first win, and won it on true pace as well, which is always nice!

Q. Managed my PB and one and only 1.07

R. Got a jump on @Josh Clarke and @Rexuz and went into 2nd place with Superscrub out front. Superscrub then spun going into turn 1, so I inherited the lead. I saw that @Jthorn97 was in 2nd, so I started to push as I thought i had the pace on him and he would hold up the people behind him. Just a steady race until my pit stop.

On my out lap got held up a little bit by Newey, but luckily he pit so I didn't have to pass him. Then just got into a rhythm and was doing mid-high 08's for a lot of the stint. Lost the rear end into turn 1 and got a 5 second penalty which allowed Rexuz to get right behind me, but luckily I got up to speed and went defensive into T3 and kept the lead. I then pulled away from Rexuz pretty quickly and won by 3 seconds.

Not a conventional track, you could say it was our version of Monaco. Very technical but I really enjoyed it from my first lap to my last.

Congrats to @Rexuz and @Josh Clarke on the podium. Looking really tight in both the team and drivers championship.

See you guys next week!

clarky_110

F1 1st Driver
Jun 7, 2015
good race all in all. didn't start well as got a really good launch and nearly hit the back of @Rexuz , so nearly spun avoiding losing a couple of positions. But it wouldn't of mattered, I couldn't seem to get a good pace during the race for some reason, but team IKEA racing are collecting some good points! :). great win @msvance23 drove a solid race.

qualy lap : 30:10
race start : 38:55

Last edited:
Reactions: msvance23

Rexuz

GP2 Test Driver
Nov 22, 2015
Great win @msvance23! Good to recover from that spin & penalty and just start to build a gap straight away.

Q: Managed a 1.07.5 something which was PB with over a tenth. Glad I could do that in the league qualifying.

R: Got a bad start as always and lost 4 positions. When Scrub spun I was behind @msvance23 and @Jthorn97 for quite a while.
Couldn't really get close to @Jthorn97 to overtake him so left a gap between us and tried to manage the tires.
Noticed that @msvance23 started to increase the lead and upped my pace a bit and got very close to @Jthorn97 on the straigth as he then got slightly wide and then spun back onto the track just infront of me. Tapped him in the back which sent him off to the left (dunno if his penalty was still counting or if my tap made him steer off).

Chased @msvance23 for the rest of the race and the gap was constant about 5 seconds until I suddenly caught a car in turn 2 that was pretty much standing still. As I was in the middle of the corner I didn't realise it was him until we were pretty much side by side going into the S-turns. He won that battle and then slowely pulled away until the finish.

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q: I was only 1 tenth off my pb with an 8.3 so I was happy enough with that but it was only good enough for 7th.

R:Made a reasonable start I was alongside Pete and Clarky at turn 1 but Pete hit me and we both went off and rejoined at the back so I wasnt very happy about that.
Had a few good laps fighting with Hunt and Newy but overall I just had no pace so apart from pitting early to successfully undercut Newy I had a pretty boring race to finish where I started in 7th. Dont know why I was so slow tonight my race time was 20 seconds slower then monday night with an identical car.

Well done @msvance23 on the win and the other podium finishers.
Hopefully Zhuhai will be better for me need to keep my record going. My Zhuhai Record. Races:1 Poles:1 Wins:1

Reactions: Newy656

pete day

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Q: I was only 1 tenth off my pb with an 8.3 so I was happy enough with that but it was only good enough for 7th.

R:Made a reasonable start I was alongside Pete and Clarky at turn 1 but Pete hit me and we both went off and rejoined at the back so I wasnt very happy about that.
Had a few good laps fighting with Hunt and Newy but overall I just had no pace so apart from pitting early to successfully undercut Newy I had a pretty boring race to finish where I started in 7th. Dont know why I was so slow tonight my race time was 20 seconds slower then monday night with an identical car.

Well done @msvance23 on the win and the other podium finishers.
Hopefully Zhuhai will be better for me need to keep my record going. My Zhuhai Record. Races:1 Poles:1 Wins:1
sry bud i got tap into t1 by the car on the inside of me as i turn in and it force me across to u i cnt do anythink

pete day

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
quali 6th
Had a good start got into turn 1. i got tapped from the inside which annoyed me cuz i took joker out.we both ended up last i had aero damage and was a second slower because of having damage. i rejoined caught tigerkart (great defensive driving)up.the start of lap 2 got hit again in turn 1 by hunt got more damage. pitted at lap 15 came back out and was 5.4secs behind jthorn97 and took me ages to catch up with him he must of made mistakes.got past him and thankfully my tyres made it to finish race off. was happy with 5th but dissapointed that my team mate chris finished in front of me as i had better race pace all week.

Newy656

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
Premium Member
May 18, 2015
Quali 11th, was a tenth up on my PB but was still a long way off 10th place

Race 8th, made up couple of places when joker & Pete went off at first corner but then mucked up the chicane on lap 1, had bit of a battle with hunt with joker close behind, joker got passed then looked like hunt let him though but left the door open for me, joker then went slightly wide allowing me to retake him, that's how it stayed till the pits were I stayed out longer hoping to have better rubber near the end but made I mistake on my in Lap allowing joker to get the undercut,
The second stint the car just didn't feel as good as it did in testing,
hoping I can do a little better at next round.

Congrats to the podium guys

Reactions: chris130256

iSuperScrub

4 Time AOR Project Cars 1 Champion
Mar 29, 2014
What happened to you yesterday?
Well, i was still miffed of over last week, but coming into yesterday's race i was really happy with my pace, in practice my PB was a 1.07.0 with a 1.06.9 possible on a perfect lap. Come qualifying and i could only do a 19.1 first sector and on that lap i was losing 0.5 to my best through there. rest of the lap was good but with that i only managed a 1.07.5, wasn't happy with it but i wasn't too annoyed as i was 2nd.

Got a great launch and i knew i could do 1.08's in the first stint and 1.07's in the second, on the mediums. But then coming down to turn 1, just before turning in my rear end lifted of the ground and my car went into neutral and spun into the barrier. I'm so pissed of with the game as out of 3 possible wins, 2 have been taken away bit the **** game. And it didn't help last week with dadara been Rosberg at every corner. Well fucked me off.

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Well done @msvance23 for a fantastic win and @Rexuz for a superfast pole. Both way beyond my ability on this track.

Quali... 8th just 1/10th off my pb with no chance me getting in the 7's on this track!

Race...4th
This circuit really doesn't suit me, so glad that race is over! I got up to 5th because of incidents and then into 4th after @Jthorn97 got a penalty. I was doing ok behind clarkie only losing a couple of tenths per lap and was only 3 seconds behind him at the pitstop. I came out 8 seconds behind? Can't work out how that happened as I hadn't made any mistakes. Can only think that as I mixed tyres (front left hard, right soft) it took longer to change them?
Looking at replays, I can see why I wasn't on the pace. The fast guys were riding the curbs but I was staying well clear of them having had a few offs in practise. Braver men than me!

Reactions: Rexuz and msvance23

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Results are done I havent added the times because there is a stewards investigation ongoing but as it stands @Josh Clarke has taken the lead by 1 point from @msvance23 meaning I have now lost the lead :( :( :( and IKEA have a 4 point lead over 1 Fast 2 Furious.

Well, i was still miffed of over last week, but coming into yesterday's race i was really happy with my pace, in practice my PB was a 1.07.0 with a 1.06.9 possible on a perfect lap. Come qualifying and i could only do a 19.1 first sector and on that lap i was losing 0.5 to my best through there. rest of the lap was good but with that i only managed a 1.07.5, wasn't happy with it but i wasn't too annoyed as i was 2nd.

Got a great launch and i knew i could do 1.08's in the first stint and 1.07's in the second, on the mediums. But then coming down to turn 1, just before turning in my rear end lifted of the ground and my car went into neutral and spun into the barrier. I'm so pissed of with the game as out of 3 possible wins, 2 have been taken away bit the **** game. And it didn't help last week with dadara been Rosberg at every corner. Well ****ed me off.
Sounds like an annoying glitch but you have the speed so dont quit now just put it behind you come back next week and try again. :) btw I called your new team Team Scrub. ;)

SaeidJ

GP2 1st Driver
Feb 11, 2016
Got a great launch and i knew i could do 1.08's in the first stint and 1.07's in the second, on the mediums. But then coming down to turn 1, just before turning in my rear end lifted of the ground and my car went into neutral and spun into the barrier. I'm so pissed of with the game as out of 3 possible wins, 2 have been t
Its funny because I was watching your stream and you got a jumpstart and a penalty drive through and then you swerved the wheel and hit the wall.