PS4 - AOR PS4 DTM Elite League S1 - Round 5 Brands Hatch - 26/07/16 - 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 DTM Elite League S1 - Round 5 Brands Hatch - 26/07/16 - 8:00pm

msvance23

F1 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
Going to be torture tonight as this track is so unforgiving! Will be glad to get it out of the way!

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
This will sound as an excuse but I haven't felt very good today. Not sure if I'm actually ill or if I just lack of energy. I must also add that I have only done 10 laps of practice so far

I will give it ago, but if I feel that I will be a danger on the track I will probably leave the race

Rexuz

GP2 Test Driver
Nov 22, 2015
Didn't practice for a few days which showed when I did my first laps before the practice started. Then from nowhere I managed a 18.9 on a lap that didn't really feel that good. Previous PB was 19.1 so was really happy with that. Then managed to do a 18.7 on the very last try and snatch pole from @Josh Clarke.

Forgot to practice handbrake starts for the 2nd race in a row so didn't dare to use it when the race started and the old technique lost me 2-3 cars as per usual...

Followed @iSuperScrub and @Josh Clarke until the pit stop.
Noticed quite early in the 2nd stint that the mediums I had never tried yet wore out quicker than expected so had to ease of a bit and let the front runners get a way unfortunately. Even doing so it was right on the limit with the tires on the last laps.

More good points to IKEA as @Jthorn97 also drove very well considering his lack of practice!

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
No idea what happened I was really quick all week then as soon as the race started I had absolutely no pace, on Monday I was doing 1:20s from lap 3 onwards but tonight I didnt do a single 1:20 in the first 25 laps, Silverstone is usually one of my best tracks so hopefully next week will be better.

Well done to the podium finishers and @Hunt_I24I getting his best result in his final race for a while, fyi if anything goes wrong with Hamilton or Rosberg at Belgium we know who to blame. :p

clarky_110

F1 1st Driver
Jun 7, 2015
Tuff race. quali was good, made little mistake in middle sector but still a decent lap and started behind my team mate @Rexuz .

Got caught out at the start as I seemed to end up watching the grid cinematic and then when it changed it me in the car the lights were starting when I wasn't ready or in 1st gear yet. so fucked the start and dropped behing scrub in 2ns place. had a good race chasing @iSuperScrub for literally the whole race hoping for a mistake as its so hard to overtake. had one opportunity down the main straight around lap 23 but was too difficult to make it past and then tyres dropped off and just followed scrub to the line. In all a good difficult, yet fun race.
Congrats @iSuperScrub .

well done @Rexuz and @Jthorn97 on bringing in some good points

quali a lap - 21:10
race start - 40:17

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Results are all up to date its becoming a two horse race at the top, Superscrub has the pace to win but the gap looks to big to close expecially since he is missing next week.

clarky_110

F1 1st Driver
Jun 7, 2015
Results are all up to date its becoming a two horse race at the top, Superscrub has the pace to win but the gap looks to big to close expecially since he is missing next week.
Im also missing next race :facepalm:. gap is gunna close to everyone else atleast ahaha

iSuperScrub

4 Time AOR Project Cars 1 Champion
Mar 29, 2014
Q - 3

Didn't get a full lap together, each time losing 3-4 tenths in the final sector. so a 1.18.4- .5 was possible but unfortunately my first lap was my best.

R - 1

Got probably the nicest 2nd part to a start ever and split the two Swedish cars before turn 1. After that i was just trying to maintain a gap to @Josh Clarke . I had no idea what race strategy was but thankfully i was in a chat with Joker and Hunt and they said they were putting mediums on, so a lap after everyone else i pitted for mediums. I also lost time in the pits my not coming of the menu whilst adjusting the tires.

So came out of the pits around 0.5 ahead of @Josh Clarke and kept him ebhind to the finish. I had a moment around lap 23 - 24 where @Josh Clarke really came close to passing me, but i got my head down and built up a 2.6 second lead by the end.

Well done to @Josh Clarke and @Rexuz on the podium, you kept me sweating up there!

I may be back next week, but just depends on what time i get back from Germany!.

Race Start - 41.55

• Winner
Reactions: clarky_110

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Quali...5th
1.19.2 was a pb at the right time but mystified to how people were so much faster?
Race...8th.
I settled in behind Pete for a few laps, then decided to push which resulted in my first off! 5th down to 8th and then spent many laps tring to pass @iJokeri22 (great fun). Jumped him at the pitstops and then chased down @Jthorn97 spending many laps trying to pass him (good fun too). Pushing too hard I my next off and relagated back to 8th behind @iJokeri22 again. Final few laps trying to get past again. (More fun).

Reactions: iJokeri22