PS4 - AOR PS4 DTM Elite League S1 - Round 9 Sonoma Short - 23/08/16 - 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 DTM Elite League S1 - Round 9 Sonoma Short - 23/08/16 - 8:00pm

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Race report time.

Qualy: I was ****.

Race: Started well but Rexuz got a bad start which held up me and Clarky so I stayed last, on about lap 3 Clarky and Newy were side by side on the start finish straight and I ran wide at the kink got offline couldnt slow down for the corner and plowed Clarky straight off the track sorry again about that.

After that I was a bit distracted for a few laps so I was off the pace but managed to get in to a good little fight with Newy and Pete then pitted early on lap 13 as SuperScrub said the medium tyres werent any slower then the softs.

My second stint was far better then the first I couldnt quite keep up with Pete but I mantained the gap to Clarky behind and came up behind a struggling SuperScrub at the end and we had a great battle on lap 34 which he just managed to come out of infront and held on for the final lap leaving me in 5th place.

Well done to the top 3 I was only 16 second behind though and did my fastest lap of the whole event on lap 31 of the race with 18 lap old tyres so had I practiced I think I could have been right up there fighting for the win.

Standing are updated SuperScrub leads by 1 point and if my maths is any good IKEA can win the teams championship next week. :)

Reactions: chris130256

Rexuz

GP2 Test Driver
Nov 22, 2015
Race report time.

Qualy: I was ****.

Race: Started well but Rexuz got a bad start which held up me and Clarky so I stayed last, on about lap 3 Clarky and Newy were side by side on the start finish straight and I ran wide at the kink got offline couldnt slow down for the corner and plowed Clarky straight off the track sorry again about that.

After that I was a bit distracted for a few laps so I was off the pace but managed to get in to a good little fight with Newy and Pete then pitted early on lap 13 as SuperScrub said the medium tyres werent any slower then the softs.

My second stint was far better then the first I couldnt quite keep up with Pete but I mantained the gap to Clarky behind and came up behind a struggling SuperScrub at the end and we had a great battle on lap 34 which he just managed to come out of infront and held on for the final lap leaving me in 5th place.

Well done to the top 3 I was only 16 second behind though and did my fastest lap of the whole event on lap 31 of the race with 18 lap old tyres so had I practiced I think I could have been right up there fighting for the win.

Standing are updated SuperScrub leads by 1 point and if my maths is any good IKEA can win the teams championship next week. :)
Actually got the best start ever and was flying towards the lead it felt like but all the cars infront were basically standing still so had to lift off or I would have made contact with them. So a possible 1st place going into the first corner turned into 7th or something.

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Quali.... 3rd 1.06.9 was 3 tenths off my pb but way off @iSuperScrub amazing.05.7!

Race.... 1st
At last some luck. To get the tyres to lap 16 I'd turned down the brake pressure but that meant my brake points were very early! It must of been very frustrating for @Jthorn97 who drove fantastic and was all over me for many laps. This track was so unforgiving with low grip, so I was driving slow conserving the tyres for most of the first stint, not even trying to keep up with @iSuperScrub who was getting away at around 1 second per lap. First piece of luck was he made a couple of mistakes and I inherited the lead and second bit of luck was after the pitstop I was following @Rexuz who needed to stop twice? The last 8 laps were stress overload for me as @Jthorn97 closed me down but the final couple of laps were ok as I think his tyres had lost grip?
Great to finally get a win in DTM. Well to to @Jthorn97 for excellent car control when dicing with me and getting 2nd. @pete day, good result. Shame that your mistake on lap 2? spoilt what would have been a good battle at the front. Sorry to see teamate @Newy656 crash when you were on the pace.

iSuperScrub

4 Time AOR Project Cars 1 Champion
Mar 29, 2014
Q - 1st

Really happy with my pole time even with losing 2 tenths in the first sector ;), Not showing off at all.

R - 4th

So yeah the race, made aan ok start and was cautious into turn 1, as was everyone behind, but at the end of the first lap i had nearly a 2 second lead and was quite contempt. and around lap 3 i was up to 5 seconds over @chris130256 and span at turn 3 and 4, luckily just rejoining ahead of him. Then again a couple more laps past and i was 5 seconds ahead again over @chris130256 and i had a weird moment even before turn 1 and the car spat across the track and face on into the wall. Somehow i didn't lose a wheel and was able to carry on.

But the damage was too much so i pitted lap 9 for mediums to try and get an undercut. After everyone pitted i managed to pass @Jthorn97 and the hairpin, i was a bit angry about you turning in on me though, seen as you left the door open, trhen i was onto catching @chris130256 . Now when i caught up to @chris130256 if i'd of known @Rexuz would of pitted i'd not of challenged so hard. But i think i went of at turn 3 again allowing @Jthorn97 back through and a lap later @pete day snuck past into turn 5. We made some contact as i tried to judge an undercut and we stuck together, so i just let him go.

So the last few lap i was trying me best to keep @iJokeri22 behind and on lap 34 he passed me where @pete day did but this time i manged to do the undercut and into turn 6 we were side by side. And coming through the esses i was determined to keep @iJokeri22 behind and managed to just do so around the outside of the esses and it stayed that way until the end.

Probably lost a race win with what happened and been on F1 is very hard to get back used to driving immwediatly, so i was happy with pole which has now inturn, finally put me at the top of the standings!!

But it's still very close with Me, @clarky_110 and @Rexuz so still anyone's championship.

Well done to @chris130256 , @Jthorn97 and @pete day on finishing on the rostrum.

See you all next week at a easier track because it's on F1, SPA!!

Pole Lap - 32.30

Race Start - 39.55

Reactions: chris130256

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
After everyone pitted i managed to pass @Jthorn97 and the hairpin, i was a bit angry about you turning in on me though, seen as you left the door open
Didn't think there was enough space to go on the inside there with the barriers that I went straight into when trying to overtake Chris in a similar way. So I wasn't expecting you to go for the move at all. As soon as I saw you I left room but since the game "glues" the cars together I couldn't do anything but in all honesty neither one of us lost that much time.

I thought it was a great overtake when it happened :)

iSuperScrub

4 Time AOR Project Cars 1 Champion
Mar 29, 2014
Didn't think there was enough space to go on the inside there with the barriers that I went straight into when trying to overtake Chris in a similar way. So I wasn't expecting you to go for the move at all. As soon as I saw you I left room but since the game "glues" the cars together I couldn't do anything but in all honesty neither one of us lost that much time.

I thought it was a great overtake when it happened :)
No Problem, we both move on.

• Friendly
Reactions: Jthorn97

Rexuz

GP2 Test Driver
Nov 22, 2015
Q - 4th I think?

R - 7th
Got a perfect start but had no chance to get passed the wall of cars ahead. Had to lift off heavily and lost a few positions going up the hill.
Quite soon passed @Newy656 and when @pete day spun I was up to 4th.
Chased @chris130256 and @Jthorn97 for about 10 laps and started to really push the last few laps before the pit stop to close the gap which I did. Was just behind them both when I pitted.
The undercut got me the lead with a few seconds over chris and then extended it to about 5 seconds before I due to lack of practice had to pit again as left front was completely gone.
No one else pitted so finish 7th.

Should have gone for hard left front in the first pit so basically threw away a podium, maybe even a win.