PS4 - AOR PS4 DTM League S2 - Round 5 Brands Hatch Indy - 22/11/16 - 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 DTM League S2 - Round 5 Brands Hatch Indy - 22/11/16 - 8:00pm

Glen-Alz-81

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 4, 2016
So it's pretty obvious now that using softs and doing 2 stops was not the way to go..haha.

QP 4th, had a good start up to 3rd after T1, a couple of laps in p2 had a DRS spin at the penultimate corner so that was me up to 2nd, a few laps after that p1 had a DRS spin, again at the penultimate corner so that was me up to 1st where i stayed until my 1st stop at 20 laps, i left the pit in 7th, after some laps and stops by other drivers i was back to 2nd, then i had a DRS spin, guess where?......yes the penultimate corner haha, dropped me to 3rd where i stayed for a while then just before my 2nd stop i did it again, same darn place..lol so anyway after my 2nd stop i was in 7th i think and ran till the end, think i finished 5th.

The DRS spins for me came about by not opening DRS after T3 then thinking i'm closing it for the chicane when indeed i was opening it. lol

If i say total..... you say clown! Total,

• Funny
Reactions: FOGGY #7

iSuperScrub

4 Time AOR Project Cars 1 Champion
Mar 29, 2014
Does @GUNNERGAMBLE not finish 5th as he was not a lap down and he could not drop any further down the grid as he was on the same lap as the leaders?

mpc-v1

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
Oct 20, 2015
Technical yes but he left the session so did not show up on the final results.

GUNNERGAMBLE

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jul 1, 2014
Does @GUNNERGAMBLE not finish 5th as he was not a lap down and he could not drop any further down the grid as he was on the same lap as the leaders?
Your guess is as good as mine!! Congrats on the win ;) TBH it was yours to lose when i see the pace you had. Although, if I'd managed to get you @T1 and pulled away a bit it might have been a different story seeing that we went for different strategies.

mpc-v1

Oct 20, 2015
May I quote the following -
3.4 Rage-quitting:

● Deliberately quitting the race in any way - whether that is by quitting through the pause menu, getting yourself disqualified or deliberately crashing your car - is not allowed.

People should be retiring to pit lane and not leaving the session.

• Faff
Reactions: GUNNERGAMBLE

Glen-Alz-81

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 4, 2016
That was the first race i haven't enjoyed racing here. Track was crap IMO, so didn't really practice that much, forgot to even start recording my race and then run out of fuel on the last lap when i was comfortably in second place!! :grumpy:

iSuperScrub

Mar 29, 2014
Before i start this report i need to say that i have been having issues with my car not upshifting properly and this is why i couldn't keep up at the start as it was almost impossible to drive.

Qualifying - 1st

So qualifying started and within 30 seconds @Glen-Alz-81 spun out of turn 3 collecting me and causing me to pit and restart again, Managed a 42.0 whilst running through the gravel at turn 1 and i knew it wouldn't be enough. Next time by i was starting my lap and @Trux just drives straight across me and blocks me through turn 1, this incident i'll be taking to the stewards. Eventually managed a 41.8 but it was still too close to call as @GUNNERGAMBLE was only 0.034 behind and on my last lap i managed a 41.5 with an ok first sector. So i was happy with pole but a 41.4 was possible.

Race - 1st

Got off the line pretty well and led through turn 1 and the first lap, but on the penultimate corner of the second lap i under steered onto the kerb on the outside and when my car came off the kerb, it just spun me 90 degrees and @GUNNERGAMBLE did well to avoid me and if anything it only damaged my lights. For the next 10 - 15 laps i was struggiling to catch @Glen-Alz-81 and @GUNNERGAMBLE back up as my gears were just not working! but on lap 8-9 @GUNNERGAMBLE went off where i did and then 10 laps after that @Glen-Alz-81 did the same and i somehow was back in the lead.

After passing both of them my gears started responding a little better and i was now managing consistent 42's. Around lap 30 i had lapped everyone but @GUNNERGAMBLE had already pitted and i knew there was no point holding him up so i let him past at turn 2 and followed him for the next 10 laps.

But on lap 40 @GUNNERGAMBLE managed to lap @Play4Stefano and he therefore ran wide at turn 2 and i then went for the gap on the inside, and on the exit of turn 2 he just runs right across me and almost taking me out of the race, but luckily i only picked up suspension damage and i knew i had to make my first pit stop now as i was planning on doing 42 laps.

I pitted and put softs on but i didn't know how much of a gap you needed in the pits and luckily i came out 3 seconds ahead of @GUNNERGAMBLE and managed to build a gap up from there. But on the last lap all of a sudden @GUNNERGAMBLE dropped 15 seconds back and @Miccky who i was in a chat with said he stopped, and then @Rexuz moved into 2nd. Did you underfuel @GUNNERGAMBLE ?

But finally after 43 mins i managed to cross the line 20 seconds ahead of @Rexuz and @mpc-v1 congrats on your first podium.

4 in a row now which is what i managed last season but can i get 5 in imola? only have to wait and see.

Pole Lap - 36.00

Race Start - 45.24

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

GUNNERGAMBLE

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jul 1, 2014
May I quote the following -
3.4 Rage-quitting:

● Deliberately quitting the race in any way - whether that is by quitting through the pause menu, getting yourself disqualified or deliberately crashing your car - is not allowed.

People should be retiring to pit lane and not leaving the session.
Lol, you can quote all you like, but i could go through my recording and find lots of footage of people rage-quitting! So the fact that you are trying to single me out is a joke...

mpc-v1

Oct 20, 2015
Trust me I'm not just singling you out. I spoke to someone else after the race for the same thing. Fact is that you and others have signed up to using AOR rules and are not sticking to them. So call me a "faff" all you like. Rules are black and white.

Glen-Alz-81

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 4, 2016
within 30 seconds @Glen-Alz-81 spun out of turn 3 collecting me and causing me to pit and restart again
In the nicest possible way, that was a QP session not a race, i was driving at 90% to allow a gap to the driver in front in order to have a clear track, so having you right on my bumper trying to overtake on the outlap isn't quite the done thing, faster or not there is no excuse for pressuring a driver during QP.

A 42 second lap and 15 minutes of QP, there is no rush.

iSuperScrub

Mar 29, 2014
In the nicest possible way, that was a QP session not a race, i was driving at 90% to allow a gap to the driver in front in order to have a clear track, so having you right on my bumper trying to overtake on the outlap isn't quite the done thing, faster or not there is no excuse for pressuring a driver during QP.

A 42 second lap and 15 minutes of QP, there is no rush.
Erm no. I tried to get past you into turn 2 as you braked early, then you came of the brakes and went down my inside, IMO like you were trying to race me, i backed off and gave you room and you spun and i'd already commited speed through the corner, no one to blame for the incident, but dont bring that up mate, quite pathetic tbh.

Glen-Alz-81

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 4, 2016
Erm no. I tried to get past you into turn 2 as you braked early, then you came of the brakes and went down my inside, IMO like you were trying to race me, i backed off and gave you room and you spun and i'd already commited speed through the corner, no one to blame for the incident, but dont bring that up mate, quite pathetic tbh.
You actually brought it up :rofl: i just wanted to clarify.

As far as QP goes me spinning in the 1st 30sec and collecting you is irrelevant other than the fact you wanted to point out that another driver made you crash, not the fact that you were so close it was unavoidable.

I may not speak for all, but as far as i'm aware drivers roll out the pit at the start of QP and sort themselves out by leaving a decent gap to the car infront allowing plenty space for a hotlap without fear of being held up by a slower car.

Not driving at 100% overtaking as many as possible until you have a clear track.
That is all i have to say on the matter.
:muted:

GUNNERGAMBLE

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jul 1, 2014
Trust me I'm not just singling you out. I spoke to someone else after the race for the same thing. Fact is that you and others have signed up to using AOR rules and are not sticking to them. So call me a "faff" all you like. Rules are black and white.
Fair enough i shouldn't of quit the session, i hold my hands up over it and you can do what you want with that information. But as you are one of the coordinators of this league, why are you only bringing it up now when people have been doing it in every race this season!? And speaking of "black and white" i never called you a "faff" i rated your post as faff!! #Fact

iSuperScrub

Mar 29, 2014
You actually brought it up :rofl: i just wanted to clarify.

As far as QP goes me spinning in the 1st 30sec and collecting you is irrelevant other than the fact you wanted to point out that another driver made you crash, not the fact that you were so close it was unavoidable.

I may not speak for all, but as far as i'm aware drivers roll out the pit at the start of QP and sort themselves out by leaving a decent gap to the car infront allowing plenty space for a hotlap without fear of being held up by a slower car.

Not driving at 100% overtaking as many as possible until you have a clear track.
That is all i have to say on the matter.
:muted:
Look i've been racing here that long that i know others will agree with me when i say this.

You create your own space, and its down to yourself to do so.

I ain't waiting on people around me.

Glen-Alz-81

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 4, 2016
Look i've been racing here that long that i know others will agree with me when i say this.

You create your own space, and its down to yourself to do so.

I ain't waiting on people around me.
And do you create space on an outlap by overtaking the car infront or letting a gap build?

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Ok so it sounds like @GUNNERGAMBLE did over 90% of the race and retired on the final lap when he ran out of fuel meaning he finished above the lapped drivers, I'll adjust the results accordingly later. :)

For future reference though if you could retire rather then quit that would be good.