PS4 - AOR PS4 DTM League S2 - Round 9 Laguna Seca - 20/12/16 - 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 DTM League S2 - Round 9 Laguna Seca - 20/12/16 - 8:00pm

Miccky

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 17, 2016
Q: 9th
R: 8th

Best race I've raced so far! Very consistent considering I've been out on the lash with work since lunch time, barely making the race thanks to the lobby mishap.

Started very very well, up the inside took the corner very well on entry but very poor on the exit, apologies to who I touch on the way out, after that it was pretty smooth sailing. I knew who to let past and who to battle with and in the end I didn't really have to battle with anyone. Coasted through to the end keeping a keen eye on how far 9th was as I knew I wasn't catching Newy.

Buzzing.

GUNNERGAMBLE

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jul 1, 2014
Glad that cack is over!! ... didn't expect much, didn't get much. Should've had 4th but put in the wall on lap 25 and had to pit again as well as 6-timed pens. :wtf: Shout out to @robnoxious9000 great drive fella ;)
[DOUBLEPOST=1482271433][/DOUBLEPOST]
That went quite well. Started 6th and finished 4th. Sorry to @GUNNERGAMBLE for the touch. Missed my braking point and dived down the inside hoping to miss you. Kept it steady on track. Had no spins and just 1 time penalty. 1 more corner and 3rd would of been mine.
It was more than a touch, but it's fine no problem.

Rexuz

GP2 Test Driver
Nov 22, 2015
Sorry to @GUNNERGAMBLE for squeezing you out at t1.
Sorry to @Rexuz for the tap into T1 I tried to let you back through twice but you did t seem to want to.
Other than that a really fun race
Realised on the lap prior to our touch that I was going to run out of fuel as I had done a miscalculation, so lost focus for a second going into T1 as I still was doing maths in my head. Thankfully you didn't lose any positions waiting for me.

After that I had to coast for 4-5 laps to just make it to the finish line.
Lost over 5 seconds a lap to @mpc-v1 who almost overtake me at the end there.

Did you use Mediums at the start @robnoxious9000? Cuz I was a lot faster than you the first 10 laps but just couldn't get past you. Then when I finally did I realised I had to start managing the tires as the right front was almost completely gone.
Car kept understeering badly so decided I couldn't stay out until the halfway mark and pitted early instead.

robnoxious9000

F1 Triple Champion
Mar 10, 2014
Realised on the lap prior to our touch that I was going to run out of fuel as I had done a miscalculation, so lost focus for a second going into T1 as I still was doing maths in my head. Thankfully you didn't lose any positions waiting for me.

After that I had to coast for 4-5 laps to just make

Did you use Mediums at the start @robnoxious9000? Cuz I was a lot faster than you the first 10 laps but just couldn't get past you. Then when I finally did I realised I had to start managing the tires as the right front was almost completely gone.
Car kept understeering badly so decided I couldn't stay out until the halfway mark and pitted early instead.
Yep started on mediums, really enjoyed the race up till that point.
[DOUBLEPOST=1482280125][/DOUBLEPOST]My highlights

iSuperScrub

4 Time AOR Project Cars 1 Champion
Mar 29, 2014
Qualifying - 1st

For the first time this season i felt confident in my Qualy pace, and it showed with my practice lap on full fuel when i managed a 1.18.3.

And in Qualy i made a few little mistakes on my first few laps, and a few people were not very aware when coming out of the pits! But on my final attempt i managed a ridiculous lap and i even messed up the exit of the corkscrew and managed my fastest lap I've done around here which i was pumped over.

Race - 1st

I think everyone got the exact same start from my POV and @GUNNERGAMBLE was right beside me into turn 1, i think i braked a little early and @robnoxious9000 almost ran inot the back of me, but he managed to get the brakes on just in time!

After the first lap i had almost a 2 second lead over @robnoxious9000 and for the next 8 laps it grew out to over 12 seconds, but on the lap of end 8 i ran on the exit kerb of the penultimate corner and it spat me out to the left, and by the time i saved it i was in the pit lane :banghead::banghead:.

So i ended up seriously under-pitting and now had to do 24 laps on a set of softs. I was going quite nicely and by lap 18 i was back into second and 4 seconds behind @robnoxious9000 in first, but then i had another spin on the exit kerb of the corner before the penultimate corner costing me 5 seconds.

But in the end i managed to get out a 32 second lead and just about bring the car home with only having tread left on the front tires.

Well done 2 @robnoxious9000 on your second (?) second place of the season and another podium for the ever consistent @Rexuz .

So now we have a couple of weeks break before Zhuhai, which will be a crucial race for me and @Rexuz . But lets see what Santa brings!

To everyone have a Great Christmas and a Happy New Year! Dont go to silly with the beers, (Or wine if that's your thing ;).)

See you all in 2017!!

@Rexuz @GUNNERGAMBLE @robnoxious9000 @mpc-v1 @pcsolima @C-FOGARTY @Glen-Alz-81 @Trux @Play4Stefano @Miccky @YabbaTheHutt @Seca @Newy656 @jenda1975 @NumptyNed !

Qualifying Lap - 35.05

Race Start - 42.50

@Miccky That Moment :cry: - 1.10.50

Seca

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 15, 2016
Sorry I missed the race. Wife had to have a bit of surgery and it was a situation where the dr was available right away or in two weeks. So, I'm just now getting everything back on auto pilot at home. Hope everyone has a good holiday season and looking forward to getting back to racing.