PS4 - AOR PS4 Endurance League S4 - Drivers feedback | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 Endurance League S4 - Drivers feedback

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Another season is soon finished. We would love to get your feedback on S4.
What was good or what can be better? Anything you want to change (tracks, cars, raceday etc)?

Feel free to give your comments
:)

And yes, we are already planning and testing things for S5 ;)

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Nov 21, 2017
I think we should stay with the LMP2 and try make this league a stable platform for endurance racing and not change cars every season

I would prefer Gte as I'm faster in them and I'm not just saying stay with lmp2 because I have had a good season in them. but after last season I dont see how we could go back to gte racing with all the issues we faced.

I just want this endurance league to become a stable platform where we know what to expect for the next couple of seasons and thus can build a stronger endurance community for the league.

Ayresii1995

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 13, 2018
Personally I have enjoyed this season. Ups and downs etc!! The lmp2 cars are great cars but are very very badly affected by the dirty air!!

I wouldn’t mind going back to GTE cars but maybe throwing in some different circuits into the championship. I know the GT3 league put the full Le Mans 24 hour track into their championship so why not add something like Bathurst for example!! Add some spice to the races with different weather like sunny then rain then sunny again especially in longer races! And maybe to help keep the field close and also hope there are different winners by adding bigger restrictiors to the race winner for the next race etc!!

Very looking forward to the next season. Hopefully I’ll have a wheel sometime because the controller is good but I desperately need a wheel haha

The_Kaiser-MSc

4 Times AOR PS4 Project CARS2 Champion!
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2017
hey superboss Yabba :)

The thought of @Jarryd Vermeulen is combined with what I think too, I would also like to have reference points when you think of a league format, so even having a certainty of the type of car I like.
Personally, however, I hope for a type of car that allows the battle to take place closely. These LMP2s are too sensitive, unless you are faster than that, you can't overtake or stay close to those you follow. Only last night for example, I had two dubbed battles and despite having a pace of more than 2 seconds I couldn't get close to overtake them since I was losing aerodynamic load in the corners. I don't know the LMP1 but the GTE yes and therefore in this sense it helps. The important thing is that the cars are the "same", I never wish anyone to make a tournament with a car like the Ligier Honda of the S2 o_O:ROFLMAO:.

My dream would be an array of 4 LMP1-4 LMP2 and 6 GTE. To decide the riders I would make three time trial rankings with the three cars on a technical track (like Barcelona) and from the sum of the three times the drivers per class are placed, so that each class has the drivers of the same or similar level. When there is this I am convinced you have motivation to start and finish all the tournament, or at least increase the % of success.

For the tracks like now, my idea is to have 5 European races and 5 overseas competitions of international fame.

I would add 2 Points to the pole position and 1 point to the fast lap of the race. Grid reversal at the 5th GP but also at the last one!

For the rest, I really like the actual format, I think it's one of the most beautiful championships I've ever done so I really like what has already been done.

Indeed, I will be boring and repetitive but many compliments to you admin for the work you do! @Michel--NL @PRG_FrankForest @Slicker @Matthew010383 @YabbaTheHutt @VSR_NICK-NITRO (y):love:

Last edited:

Golzy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Nov 20, 2017
I thought this season was really good and cods did a really good job, thank you.

Dirty air. While I agree with @VSR Thomasethan and @Ayresii1995 its pretty bad, we need to have tracks where you can take different lines so we can still have overtaking. Not losing time in tight twisty areas. We also need conditions where you have confidence on the brakes and throttle, most of my mistakes were in dirty air in conditions i didnt have confidence, so I just spent most of the race on my own which is fairly boring. Fair enough I enjoy the rain, i mean really cold conditions or thinking about which tracks should have the rain. Fuji was really good, austria for me wasnt a good choice, its a really good track for overtaking in the dry but the rain nullified a lot of that because there were limited racing lines.

Cars. GTE cars too much like GT3 for me, theres not a massive didderence. I like the LMP2 despite the dirty air problems

Reverse grid, even though there was a massive accident in the only reverse grid race i think we should have more. It mixes it up a bit and can potentially keep the champ open.

Maybe double points for last race? The attendance was terrible towards the end of the season might give people something to race for.

Point for fastest lap maybe? Worked in F1 gives you a reason to keep pushing late on

VSR Thomasethan

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans LMP1-H tier 1 Winner
Apr 10, 2018
Has LMP3 been considered? I've raced those and they are barely effected by dirty air and incredibly fun to drive, perhaps keeping the same category is crucial to build this segment of the AOR Project Cars community up instead of changing things every season, I don't mind LMP2, but it's just impossible to follow one another in most circumstances, LMP2 even in real life which is now more reliant on aero has an easier time following each other so i think SMS has made a mistake with these cars (Obviously i'm not a developer so i don't know what coding and programming is involved) the only times i've had side-by-side battles or followed someone is only Daytona and Redbull ring when aero wasn't an issue. It was incredibly frustrating sitting behind someone maybe 0.5 of a second and then come to a corner you end up over a second behind, even at Silverstone at copse in some cases i had to lift down to 130MPH from 150MPH just to get through the corner and sometimes still go wide and then get a warning. What about the Oreca LMP2 (Open cockpit) what are those like following each other? If they behave better we could use those in some mock up races and see what everyone thinks? (Plus they look better too) So yeah i'd give the oreca a shot or LMP3 @YabbaTheHutt cause the way i see it if we want to build up the endurance league we need a car that is reliable and can race competitively without an prohibitions that could put people off

Last edited:

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Nov 21, 2017
The dirty air this season has been an issue but I like to look at it as a positive. Endurance racing is about more than just laping fast and have battles that last 1 or 2 laps but rather something different. A different test of the driver on all grounds that we dont face in any other league.

Dirty air is an issue but not a weakness for endurance racing.. for me this means we have to put pressure on that driver lap after lap and break him down and force a mistake to allow an overtake.. chances have always been there. Yes it takes longer to have your chance but in the end I do endurance racing for the different challenge of my skills and this for me I think adds something different.

It is not impossible to pass just more of a challenge. Been stuck behind someone for 20laps for example is not a sign of weakness on the LMP2 series but rather I see it as providing us something new and exciting to face. I was stuck behind some drivers for longer than that at Silverstone. Yes I was faster but those laps of trying to break the other driver down and force a mistake and overtake was the most pleasure I got this season. Yes it was frustrating I wont lie but it was something really exciting at the same time. Would be boring to just rock up and pass them after 2 laps in a 2 hour + race.

I have no real issues with these cars and would like to see them again next season. A stable platform is key to growing this league. It takes 1 year to do 2 seasons.. maybe we can choose a car and stick with it for 2 seasons and then change the car for the next 2 seasons. I think that provides some continuity to the endurance league as well as providing something new every 2 seasons. Just my thoughts on that.

I think we need more reverse grids and more longer races than just 3.. example at all races over 2 hours we have reverse grids to provide something new. Give more points for longer races and a point for fastest lap as well.

This is just my opinion and everyone above has made good points. These are my thoughts nothing more.

Last edited:

BDG_Geo

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 20, 2019
Another season is soon finished. We would love to get your feedback on S4.
What was good or what can be better? Anything you want to change (tracks, cars, raceday etc)?

Feel free to give your comments
:)

And yes, we are already planning and testing things for S5 ;)
Hello all..im not sure how much my input matters as im newish to the league but i found the LMP2 cars really awesome to drive but the dirty was only an issue around some of the tracks on the calender.i loved driving them and think ther quality cars to race with.
I had a quick go on the other ones..i tried the GTE and found them to be too much like the GT3 cars so i wouldnt like to see them in a league but i tried the LMP1 cars..ie the Audi and the Toyota..the Audi was better to drive than the LMP2 and didnt find them too affected by the dirty air.i wouldnt like the dirty air to decide a championship.i would like to see the LMP1 cars in a season or two as they are fast..awesome at handling the road and fun to drive..for me at least.have u all done a season in the LMP1?was there many issues?
I agree with @Jarryd Vermeulen and think u should choose a car and stick with that for a few seasons..then that way we all know what to expect for the new/next season thats upcoming.
I also think that instead of every two weeks we could race every week and maby have more races on the calender..if we raced each week we could have 20 races instead of ten.now thats a long endurance season i know but its just a thought as i would like a longer calender for next season.
I also agree with @jam_my21 about there being more races that are 2.4 hours and with these races they carry double or 1.5× points for that race.
Also the idea of a point for fastest lap will keep most motivated for the whole race so i would like to see that in place.
To be honest anyway..the two tiers we had last season seemed to be the best two tiers iv saw for a seasons racing..all of u guys know and understand racing and it shines thru on the track so ther isnt any major issues with us or our track etiquette.maby more awareness of when to let faster cars thru when being lapped but thats not really an issue as most of us as i said are all racers and fully understand what that that entails.
Anyway..sorry for the long novel i have wrote here..i thot i could post and share my opinions.i know im new here but feel already that i know most of u and hope we have the same competitiveness in the tiers for the new season..oh can i ask?how long until the new season??im sitting behind the start line,revving my engine..dying to race..lets goooo :)
Lastly..one thing that what was flawless??was the cods and the organisation of it all..evrything was spot on so @Michel--NL @YabbaTheHutt @Slicker u three were all on the ball the wholes season so il take this chance to thank u for my first endurance season..i cant wait for the next one but please...No Spa :( i know its everyones favourite but please noooo lol :)
Thanks for reading guys...stay safe and i hope to see most of u on track in the new season :)

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Hello all..im not sure how much my input matters as im newish to the league but i found the LMP2 cars really awesome to drive but the dirty was only an issue around some of the tracks on the calender.i loved driving them and think ther quality cars to race with.
I had a quick go on the other ones..i tried the GTE and found them to be too much like the GT3 cars so i wouldnt like to see them in a league but i tried the LMP1 cars..ie the Audi and the Toyota..the Audi was better to drive than the LMP2 and didnt find them too affected by the dirty air.i wouldnt like the dirty air to decide a championship.i would like to see the LMP1 cars in a season or two as they are fast..awesome at handling the road and fun to drive..for me at least.have u all done a season in the LMP1?was there many issues?
I agree with @Jarryd Vermeulen and think u should choose a car and stick with that for a few seasons..then that way we all know what to expect for the new/next season thats upcoming.
I also think that instead of every two weeks we could race every week and maby have more races on the calender..if we raced each week we could have 20 races instead of ten.now thats a long endurance season i know but its just a thought as i would like a longer calender for next season.
I also agree with @jam_my21 about there being more races that are 2.4 hours and with these races they carry double or 1.5× points for that race.
Also the idea of a point for fastest lap will keep most motivated for the whole race so i would like to see that in place.
To be honest anyway..the two tiers we had last season seemed to be the best two tiers iv saw for a seasons racing..all of u guys know and understand racing and it shines thru on the track so ther isnt any major issues with us or our track etiquette.maby more awareness of when to let faster cars thru when being lapped but thats not really an issue as most of us as i said are all racers and fully understand what that that entails.
Anyway..sorry for the long novel i have wrote here..i thot i could post and share my opinions.i know im new here but feel already that i know most of u and hope we have the same competitiveness in the tiers for the new season..oh can i ask?how long until the new season??im sitting behind the start line,revving my engine..dying to race..lets goooo :)
Lastly..one thing that what was flawless??was the cods and the organisation of it all..evrything was spot on so @Michel--NL @YabbaTheHutt @Slicker u three were all on the ball the wholes season so il take this chance to thank u for my first endurance season..i cant wait for the next one but please...No Spa :( i know its everyones favourite but please noooo lol :)
Thanks for reading guys...stay safe and i hope to see most of u on track in the new season :)
The only issue I know with some LMP1 cars is the amount of liveries. Most of the real cars have one or 2 liveries. There is the RWD which is a virtual car that only exist in PCars. I know that some drivers don't like to drive cars that isn't "real" but it can be an alternative :)

Reactions: BDG_Geo

BDG_Geo

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 20, 2019
The only issue I know with some LMP1 cars is the amount of liveries. Most of the real cars have one or 2 liveries. There is the RWD which is a virtual car that only exist in PCars. I know that some drivers don't like to drive cars that isn't "real" but it can be an alternative :)
Yeh i saw that actually..bit strange why ther isnt alot of liveries..il have a look at the other one tho..what is it called?

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
And maybe do practice session and practice race like in gt3. So ppl can get more closer
this would be good, but i can't see any way of fitting it into the calendar - can't do the middle saturday as that will be formula renault race, the friday immediately before the race would be too close and the early part of the week is taken up with gt3 - if you can see a time when it would be suitable let me know

edit: i can't be available on thursdays, as it's the only day off to spend with the mrs ;)

Killg0re NL

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 14, 2018
as we all are busy, i'll start with the summary, after the summary the detailed version.

So the Summary
  • LMP2 are fine for me (even with 3 engine brands?) or all in one LMP1
  • Practise session of 30 mins for all to join the lobby / practise.

• Make all races 2h25m, (1st race qualification, with race 2 to 10 a reversed grid starting order)
  • 10 races every two weeks and (informal) practice sprint races the other week, no points awarded.
  • Points for fastest lap in race.
  • Publish weatherslots for the whole season.
Frequency / Duration
every two weeks on friday is fine with me.

Pro:This will give you two weeks to prepare yourself for the race.
Con: Changing it to every week, results in more practise sessions because every week there's a new track to setup for.
With every week there's no room to join another different league.

Personal: i prefer a 10 race championship, over 20 races after this you can decide to do the next championship (so in short you'll have also a 20 race duration)

Class
There's a GT3 league allready, changing it to GTE doesnt make it more different /exceptional, except for the duration off the race?.
So ask your self; what is the purpose off the endurance league? the exceptional length, the car or both?
i would'nt like to see a mixed version. i liked the idea that i could have been just as fast as the #1 finisher.
Me lacking beiing not so quick has to do with (lack off) personal skills, and/or the car setup. Making it NOT brand specific such as Toyota, Audi or Porsche adds just another factor.

Suggestion: About LMP2, with the three manufactors might be the best common solution? but there's enough choice regarding liveries.

Personal: But no LMP1, 2 and/or GTE/GT3 combo's. Seen to much low turnouts. So i prefer a full grid over diversaty

Length
Why don't we make them all 2H25 and give more points.
And i like the idea off adding points for the fastest lap.
Perhaps for the whole startgrid. ( a good qualy doenst mean you'll end higher up the ranks)
With a reversed grid, and no additional qualification run there's the same amount off time spent

Weather
Why are the weather slots not allready known for the whole season? (i'd say make youre choice, and stick to it, don't change it, even when there are complaints about puddle's)
For me, i would have liked the weather to drive with, as i could'nt join race 8, but did had some time to practice for race 10. But no weather.... made it a small surprise

Turnout
There's not much we can do about that, not sure how things went in Tier 1. DC's happen, but fot the next championship, perhaps give priority to drivers with the best turnout who want to drive. (what didnt worked for me, was that it was impossible to attend all of them due to the summer holiday)

Disconnections
Why is it that when we start a race with 12, we end up with 8 finishers? the all had a DC?
Perhaps best 9 results count?

Qualification
Do just the 1st race a qualification, and reversed grid from then on (race 2 to 10), this includes a natural handicap for the fastest drivers.
(Drivers who enter during the championship, or start for the 1st time will have to start at the back, when using this system, otherwise they can start up front, and have no clue what to expect.)
Note: dirty air should be solved with this system.

Lobby up and practise
Open up the lobby 30 mins earlier, then send invite's and start i.e. with 30 mins practise, then people can sort connection issue's during those 30 mins.
the other drivers can just practise or setup pit strategies, now i am in the lobby but still have some stuff to sort (setup/pitstrat.) what i don't have time for.

Improving the quality off racing, and the othr friday?
Do some (private session) sprint races off i.e. 30 mins on the other friday, this will help you with an opportunity to get aquinted with racing other drivers.
So where to overtake, and how the other cars influence the driving line and car performance.

I think alot of guys are just driving arround alone, these practice races helps with the whole experience. (rolling start, overtaking, letting faster drivers pass etc. etc.)

de-thomas

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 20, 2017
Most things have been said probably, but thought I'd give my opnion nontheless.

- For me any day of the week is fine (monday-friday) although I'd probably prefer somewhere mid-week instead of friday (just reduces the chance I have something else to do)

- Personally I really enjoy the LMP2 cars and I wouldn't mind another season with them. Maybe they are dirty air-affected but never really had problems with it this season + it's a 2(+) hour race so I do not really believe it will have too much effect on the end results.
Wouldn't have no problem with other cars as long as they are built for endurance racing. LMP1 cars are good but I don't see a way to work around the lack of liveries, not sure about the generic LMP1 car, probably would be somewhat less enjoyable.
Gotta agree about what has been said about GTE. Good cars but obviously a lot of similarities with the GT3.
Of course multi-class would be good but 16 car lobbies just don't allow it.

- Tracks were fine, think there is more than enough suitable tracks atm to get some variation in the calendar every season, with some classic tracks to stay.

- In my opnion qualifying should stay as it is. A short session, one or two chances to set a lap. One or two reversed grid races are fine, but doing it every race makes it too random for me. Obviously Le Mans was for practical reasons but I would love to see a separate ~30 minute qualy session like a week prior to the race itself.

Some other points:

- Point for fastest lap is ok, but not more than 1 or 2 points. It's endurance racing after all it's not all about setting the fastest lap.

- I would be all for count the best 9 results (or how many races there will be in a season). In 25-30 or something hours of racing you can accasionally disconnect or something so drop your worst results only seems fair to me.

Think that's all :p