PS4 - AOR PS4 Endurance S4 - Tier 1 - ROUND 2 - Nürburgring GP - 26.04.19 @7.30pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 Endurance S4 - Tier 1 - ROUND 2 - Nürburgring GP - 26.04.19 @7.30pm UK time

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016

ROUND 2 - 2 Hours of Nürburgring GP

Event Information:
Date: Friday 26 April 2019
Lobby opens: 7:15pm UK-time
● Event starts: 7:30pm UK-time
● Event format:
  • Qualifying: 10 minutes
  • Race: 2 hours (formation lap included)
● Weather Conditions (Progression: Real Time):
  • Qualifying:
    Light Cloud
  • Race:
    Rain |
    Light Cloud |
    Light Cloud
● In-game time-of-day information (Progression: 2x):
  • Date: 23 March 2019
  • Qualifying time: 11:00
  • Race start time: 13:00
Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.
● Once the leader of the single file train has pulled away, they can accelerate up to a speed of 80mph/130kph and will then maintain that throughout the lap, slowing down clearly and gradually for any corners that require slower speeds, and then accelerating up to the limit of 80mph/130kph. The rest of the drivers in the train are to follow the leader around the lap, sticking to a similar pace and maintaining safe distances to drivers around them for tyre and braking warming.
● At the formation point, the leader will slow down to 50mph/80kph and the 2nd placed driver, will pull alongside to form a second train. Pole will ALWAYS start on the side where he can defend the inside to first corner.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the Tier Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Informed no show:
@InFinityzzHD
@ESS_AYCH

Uninformed no show:
-

Last edited:

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
  • Qualifying:
    Light Cloud
  • Race:
    Rain |
    Light Cloud |
    Light Cloud

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
Remembering from the GT3 there was some confusion with the start and wanted to share some thing with you :)
As you can see on the picture bellow the actual start for the next lap is with the starting of the green line. At AOR we are doing things a little different (some times) so I wanted to make sure that you are all aware of this:
- As the leaders of the two trains roll across the grid boxes at the constant speed of 50mph/80kph, at any point of their choice between 2 designated and clearly visible points known as 'The Acceleration Zone', P1 is allowed to go full throttle to signify the start of the race. From this moment, all other drivers are now allowed to accelerate to race speeds, but are NOT allowed to overtake the car directly in front of them in their train until they themselves have crossed over the start finish line the end of the acceleration zone.
PS. The Acceleration Zone is the green surface ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

bax

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 GTE Champion
Mar 24, 2016
Remembering from the GT3 there was some confusion with the start and wanted to share some thing with you :)...
From this moment, all other drivers are now allowed to accelerate to race speeds, but are NOT allowed to overtake the car directly in front of them in their train until they themselves have crossed over the start finish line.
The confusion was generated by the highlighted text: the start of the acceleration zone is also the starting line so the 2nd driver on the grid felt entitled to start and pass the poleman immediately after that line, without waiting for him to make his move (accelerating)
So there is still confusion IMHO

Is this the correct thing to do?
"...but are NOT allowed to overtake the car directly in front of them in their train until they themselves have crossed over the end of the acceleration zone."
or not?

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
The confusion was generated by the highlighted text: the start of the acceleration zone is also the starting line so the 2nd driver on the grid felt entitled to start and pass the poleman immediately after that line, without waiting for him to make his move (accelerating)

"...but are NOT allowed to overtake the car directly in front of them in their train until they themselves have crossed over the end of the acceleration zone."
or not?
@Michel--NL

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016

or not?
You are correct, it should be the end of the acceleration zone.

bax

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 GTE Champion
Mar 24, 2016
i'll be putting up a full practice session tonight around 7:00 uk time - all welcome - thumbs up for invite
Thanks for the session.
It was really hard (or quite impossible) to overtake you on wet o_O

Reactions: Slicker

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
Thanks for the session.
It was really hard (or quite impossible) to overtake you on wet o_O
my driving was pretty poor for those first few laps - still in 'qualy' mode ;) fun though :)

Killg0re NL

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 14, 2018
my driving was pretty poor for those first few laps - still in 'qualy' mode ;) fun though :)
Mtf Slicker, you where allready 2.5 sec quicker than me and not far off the faster drivers... about putting putting up high standards??? LoL

The_Kaiser-MSc

3 Times AOR PS4 Project CARS2 Champion!
Oct 1, 2017
44s in the dry and 51s in the wet. Are these good times???
for me it's too wet since I'm on 52s while on dry ok.. I've tried so much, much more than Road America but on water I'm not good enough. I hope for podium but i will be hard, i know

Jarryd Vermeulen

F1 1st Driver
Nov 21, 2017
I feel the need, the need for speed!!! Today is the day we can finally get our fill of it to keep us going for another 2 weeks!! 2hours straight of the nurburgring on a Friday night is my idea of a night well spent!!!:p what a day, what a race ahead of us and looking forward to sharing my thrill with you lads tonight!!! Good luck everyone and I'll see you on track;)

The_Kaiser-MSc

3 Times AOR PS4 Project CARS2 Champion!
Oct 1, 2017
Hi guys. Maybe tonight I can't compete, I'm in the emergency room for my father, nothing serious but I have to wait here and it should be a long thing ... not to get to the race but if you don't see me online you know why.

• Friendly
Reactions: bax