PS4 - AOR PS4 Endurance S4 - Tier 1 - ROUND 5 - Le Mans 24H Circuit - 07.06.19 @7.30pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 Endurance S4 - Tier 1 - ROUND 5 - Le Mans 24H Circuit - 07.06.19 @7.30pm UK time

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

cancelled....Rerun Le Mans 24H Tier 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The_Kaiser-MSc

3 Times AOR PS4 Project CARS2 Champion!
Oct 1, 2017
given that @bax says right, the rules are there. Given also that I prefer to redo the entire race and given that I accept any decision you made .... if the race ends when Matthew begins to fall, we are at about 58 minutes and I am the first in the standings, so I commend, if the race ends there, win me :p Remember this my boss @PRG_FrankForest @Michel--NL

Last edited:

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
@bax @biba99 @Dennis_Meisner @GTPL_Plotnik @Golzy @michaelangelo53 @jam_my21 @Jarryd Vermeulen @Marcos Moutinho @Matthew010383 @papano92 @PRG_FrankForest @scld1808 @The_Kaiser-MSc @VSR Thomasethan @Wimstradamus

At first we (coordinators) thought that everyone wanted to do an rerun and that's why we created the poll and not followed the rules. We all take part in league racing because we want to race and particularly the Le Mans 24H is an very nice race to do.
Some of you are telling that there are rules and that we need to follow it. Yes there are rules but in this case we thought that everyone would love to do an rerun and for one time ignore the rules ;)

Because of the complaints we have decided to follow the rules and there will be no rerun.
If more than 50% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will end, and the race order from the time of the first disconnection becomes the final result. Half points are awarded to all drivers.

We still think that many of you want to do the race. So we will organize an social race at the end off the season and league drivers will get the first spot to take.

@PRG_FrankForest will update the results with half points.

Wimstradamus

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T5 Champion
Premium Member
May 7, 2016
Some of you are telling that there are rules and that we need to follow it. Yes there are rules but in this case we thought that everyone would love to do an rerun and for one time ignore the rules ;)
Maybe a good time to rethink the rules than ;)
I love to race and would be ok to do a rerun but if you have rules and make every read them and accept the rules you should also enforce them.

biba99

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T2 GTE Champion
Mar 17, 2018
My sixth place feels a bit stolen, because I was in no mans land with my lap times.
Don't think that there was a decision that everyone would have been happy with. Nevertheless, thanks for the quick decision.

Reactions: Matthew010383

The_Kaiser-MSc

3 Times AOR PS4 Project CARS2 Champion!
Oct 1, 2017
ok, then it's official, with great luck I won this race. The pace to win normally was there but not trying for a week I probably lost my sensitivity in that fast right-hand corner that often made me miss the test ... and in fact even yesterday evening I twice lost the car there, of which the first time in a heavy way to make me take an extra break. For the statistics, everything is nice, for the rest I'm not satisfied.

We must thank the staff for the quick decision taken and for their dedication in finding the right balance for everyone. From a sporting point of view it was better to redo the race but humanly it is the most correct decision. Maybe at the end of the season we should use this episode to try to improve this side of regulation that maybe isn't perfect. @Michel--NL @PRG_FrankForest .

Congratulations to @VSR Thomasethan , moral winner and to @bax , morally in second place. See you again at Silverstone

bax

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 GTE Champion
Mar 24, 2016
Q... (12) - R 3 (/2 :cry: )

I was worried because starting 12th behind lot of drivers and before 2 fast drivers, faster than me for sure.
Golzy immediately overtook me while Kaiser after a couple of laps, with a somewhat aggressive but clear maneuver ... it was obvious he would have slipped inside the chicane and so I stayed wide letting him go.
Between these 2 facts I was able to avoid accidents keeping my eyes wide open looking forward and upward in the sky :ROFLMAO:, braking and slowing down where necessary.
Once in 3rd position I was not able to catch @VSR Thomasethan (half a second slower than him) or Kaiser (1.5s) but still I was keeping a gap of less than 20 seconds ... one big mistake of my opponents enough to gain a position. My 3rd position was in the strongbox since I had a minute ahead of the fourth.
Mass disconnection killed my imaginative hopes but I am convinced that the final result has respected the values in the field (I mean... I don't think there would have been substantial changes in the last part of the race) and I'm glad that the race should not be rerun, despite the halved score, because after 2 weeks of tests I am absolutely tired of seeing that circuit... I'm sick of it :sick:

About Mass Disconnection rule
Mass disconnection is rare and when it happens it leaves all the drivers with a bitter taste because of the betrayed hopes placed in the race.
MD rules should have, imho, more "humanity"... but still rules to apply everytime in the same way, coherently.
a) rules say: when during the race more than 50% of the drivers disconnect, we have a MD. It is rare to have more than 50% and not 100% (like happened to us). Last season happend to have 4 DSC of 11 racing... I think 30% is fair, better than 50% (must be a number, there must be a limit... shared or not)
b) rules say: If more than 50% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will end. Maybe we can increase the limit to 70% but still we need to have a limit because it would be crazy to rerun a 99% completed race! Maybe we can have a poll, for a race completed between 50% and 90%, asking what drivers want to do and decide what to do bypassing the rules if 90% of the drivers decide otherwise.

ah... BTW... congratulations Kaiser and Thomasethan (y)

jam_my21

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 LMP1 Champion
Mar 17, 2017
I would say there would have been changes as still over 50 min race left...
(I mean... I don't think there would have been substantial changes in the last part of the race) and I'm glad that the race should not be rerun, despite the halved score, because after 2 weeks of tests I am absolutely tired of seeing that circuit... I'm sick of it :sick:

Golzy

Formula 4 1st Driver
Nov 20, 2017
Maybe going forward they should do a restart with everyone in their respective race positions on the grid. For example we DC about 58mins? So have a 50 min race and start in the positions we were in on track. Still maybe keep it half points. Kinda like a safety car. Bearing in mind we took over 7mins to do formations lap.

50mins is still a full GT3 race a lot can happen people getting tired, a lot of different strategies. Some might have needed to change tyres, others not, others took slower lap times so they didnt have refuel as much or whatever. Other leagues are basically sprints.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
At the moment we are not going to change the rules. We want to have the same rules for all leagues. Most people even don't read it and if we are going to make rules for every league it can only be bring more confusion not only for the players, but also for the coordinators ;)

It is what it is. The Le Mans 24H race is finished.

papano92

Formula Karter
May 19, 2018
Some guys plan to do a 2.4 Le Mans fun race at Friday night and there are 4 places left. If anyone wants to join reply, they have a chat at discord. I hope that there is no problem to post it here @Michel--NL

Reactions: Michel--NL

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
Some guys plan to do a 2.4 Le Mans fun race at Friday night and there are 4 places left. If anyone wants to join reply, they have a chat at discord. I hope that there is no problem to post it here @Michel--NL
tbh, i haven't got the heart for a social - still haven't got over the mass dc :(

Killg0re NL

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 14, 2018
I believe its held after the real 24Hrsof lemans?
Or did they change the day?