PS4 - AOR PS4 Endurance S4 - Tier 1 - ROUND 9 - Daytona Road Course - 02.08.19 @7.30pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 Endurance S4 - Tier 1 - ROUND 9 - Daytona Road Course - 02.08.19 @7.30pm UK time

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016

ROUND 9 - 2 Hours of Daytona Road Course

Event Information:
Date: Friday 02 August 2019
Lobby opens: 7:15pm UK-time
● Event starts: 7:30pm UK-time
● Event format:
  • Qualifying: 10 minutes
  • Race: 2 hours (formation lap included)
● Weather Conditions (Progression: Real Time):
  • Qualifying:
    Light Cloud
  • Race:
    Overcast |
    Light Cloud
● In-game time-of-day information (Progression: 2x):
  • Date: 27 January 2020
  • Qualifying time: 11:00
  • Race start time: 13:00
Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.
● Once the leader of the single file train has pulled away, they can accelerate up to a speed of 80mph/130kph and will then maintain that throughout the lap, slowing down clearly and gradually for any corners that require slower speeds, and then accelerating up to the limit of 80mph/130kph. The rest of the drivers in the train are to follow the leader around the lap, sticking to a similar pace and maintaining safe distances to drivers around them for tyre and braking warming.
● At the formation point, the leader will slow down to 50mph/80kph and the 2nd placed driver, will pull alongside to form a second train. Pole will ALWAYS start on the side where he can defend the inside to first corner.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the Tier Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Informed no show:
-

Uninformed no show:
-

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016

VSR Thomasethan

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans LMP1-H tier 1 Winner
Apr 10, 2018
No issues with tyres for me, guess it all comes down to the setup and driving, what times are competitive here?

jam_my21

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 LMP1 Champion
Mar 17, 2017
Allowed when go in pit stop, right?
We got an question if it is allowed to cross the yellow line as you see on the acceleration zone picture and the answer is NO it is not allowed to race on the left side of the yellow line. The yellow line is the track limit.

jam_my21

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 LMP1 Champion
Mar 17, 2017
Q: disappointed.
R: 1st pitstop - disaster. I had practise pitstops earlier with only tires change (no fuel adding) and forgot to change it back to with fuel adding. I had just enough fuel to make one more lap on 6th gear to make other pitstop to take fuel too.

Sorry @Dennis_Meisner for little rear bump at the end of race.

@Wimstradamus Yes it was close finish (answering for your PSN message).

biba99

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T2 GTE Champion
Mar 17, 2018
Q: 7th
fastest lap I did so far.

R: 9th
Did something wrong with my setup (gearbox). Could not take advantage of the slipstream. Was a bit frustrating :cautious:
No idea why, but after half the distance, I lost about 1 second per lap to my PB. :unsure:

@PRG_FrankForest: Was my last one, I'm not at home for Spa
Good luck to you all for the season finale. Was nice to be a part of tier 1, even though I would have probably fit better in tier 2 :)