PS4 - AOR PS4 Endurance S4 - Tier 2 - ROUND 4 - Red Bull Ring GP - 24.05.19 @7.30pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 Endurance S4 - Tier 2 - ROUND 4 - Red Bull Ring GP - 24.05.19 @7.30pm UK time

JR-Lock-N-Load

GP2 Reserve Driver
Mar 27, 2019
Hahahaha dial up..is that even still a thing?
i hope not ...tbf it did sort it self out after a few laps of not knowing were he actually was on track ..damage anywhere is not fun but from a laggy car its hard to take .. i do want to stress that i was super Upset (for lack of a better word) last night but there is not a lot anyone can do about the Lagg and Desync thats racing on to the next one

Reactions: BDG_Geo

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
also the back markers...can i suggest we have a ruling on this please?
There is already an rule ;)
But if you think that you are being blocked you can always go to the stewards.

2.1 Being lapped

● We are running with the in-game rules & flags system, which means that game should alert you with a blue flag when you are about to be lapped. When receiving a blue flag or know that a car is going to lap you and is approaching from behind, you should let them past safely and without interfering with their race.
In single class races, this is done best by the car that is being shown a blue flag moving off the racing line and easing on the accelerator on a straight, or lifting / braking early, and/or giving up the corner and racing line to let the lapping car pass.
For multi-class races, this is done best by the car that is being shown a blue flag and being overtaken by a faster class car remaining on the racing line, and possibly easing on the accelerator to facilitate a safe and quick pass if the scenario allows for it. For more info and tips on lapping in multi-class, see the 'Lapping in Multi-Class Racing' thread for the relevant league.
In either situation, both drivers are responsible for doing this in a safe way.
The driver who is being lapped can help the faster car to pass by lifting/braking early. The slower car can hold his line when the faster car is going for the overtake. The slower car should let the faster car pass in the next few corners.
Also, you can see if the driver is a lap higher than you by looking at the mini-map or relative board - the car will be highlighted by a red colour, instead of regular white dot or name.

● As a means of helping with blue flags, we advise the leaders to flash their lights at cars due to be lapped. This should not be done excessively. This is their cue to inform that the driver on the lead lap is about to pass the driver being lapped, and should let the lapping car pass at the next safe available opportunity.
Flashing your lights at a competitor you are racing for position is not to be used as a "distraction technique" or in anger at an incident.

● If you are going faster than a car that has lapped you, do not attempt to unlap yourself unless it is safe to do so and doesn't hinder the car in front.

Reactions: BDG_Geo

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
pasha.proton Do you still use a Dial Up Connection ? Also i was not sure i had a Team Mate using the KMax Livery ? as if the Elements were not difficult enough to navigate .. this is a great example of what my race was like .. Check Geo's Rear View
You video is not working for me.
It is not mandatory to be an teammate if an driver is using the same team livery ;)

Reactions: JR-Lock-N-Load

pasha.proton

AOR PS4 GT3 S14 T3 Champion
Apr 11, 2019
pasha.proton Do you still use a Dial Up Connection ? Also i was not sure i had a Team Mate using the KMax Livery ? as if the Elements were not difficult enough to navigate .. this is a great example of what my race was like .. Check Geo's Rear View
Yes, still using. Also, I'm playing on black and white TV, using a wood wheel and typing this message on a typewriter.

Jeroen81

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2018
Q:8th
R:11th

Unfortunately a race to forget very fast.
This time i spend a lot more time at practice than the race before. It paid off diretly, qualified 8th which is a decent result for me considering myself still as an PC2 noob and being in my first LMP2 Endurance season.
After a good start i was able to climb up to second place (due to being able staying out of trouble, others mistakes and only one good move of my own to be honest) but unfortunately already in the first lap i got hit in de the collision with @de-thomas and @Slicker and dropped back to 6th, then in the second lap i got hit at the back and of my car by @pasha.proton and dropped back to 9th.
After pitting i had a good stint but after the second pitstop the concentration was gone which caused some mistakes dropping me back to the 2nd last position.
Also a few accidental contacts happend, sorry for the guys i took with me in my mistakes; first i spun which made @Slicker unable to avoid me sorry for that! A bit later i got blue flags for @YabbaTheHutt so i went of the racing line to let him pas, just at the moment he passes me i hit a puddle, my car slams to the left directly into @YabbaTheHutt i'm so sorry for that!

My stream:

Looking forward to the seasons next race!!