PS4 - AOR PS4 Endurance S4 - Tier 2 - ROUND 6 - Silverstone GP - 21.06.19 @7.30pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 Endurance S4 - Tier 2 - ROUND 6 - Silverstone GP - 21.06.19 @7.30pm UK time

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
i seen that meny did not make a second tyer change spec in tier 1 .. i had no idea you could run them that low with little effect .. was great been able to chase something at the back
That depends on setup and driving style. I tested this for Le Mans and it's not for me. I gain time by not changing tyres but get a car that is slower and slower. Not only was I loosing laptime, I also increased the risk of spinning and other mistakes which would have lost me even more time. But this you only find when testing and if it works for you.
I've also heard that some drivers in tier 1 went with hards for the race which of course helps if you plan on not changing tyres :)

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Not a racer in this series but was watching a stream of the race and I did notice some interesting tactics. @siddharth953 qualifies in 3rd after his grid penalty and on track decides he's going to be 2nd and demote @Geo to 3rd. What's that all about?

Looked like fun though, might consider the next season of this if there is one.
Yeh it was very strange that mate to say the least..like the grid penalty was irrelevant lol very effective tactic tho i have to say ;)
and then quits the lobby halfway through...
I think that @siddharth953 missed this and thought he should start on 2nd. Not often that we have grid penalties and it is easy to miss, even for us coordinators. Will look into this (y)

• Winner
Reactions: BDG_Geo

siddharth953

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 6, 2019
I think that @siddharth953 missed this and thought he should start on 2nd. Not often that we have grid penalties and it is easy to miss, even for us coordinators. Will look into this (y)
I had the same penalty in the last race of the the last gt3 season, and i did double check in the chat if i could keep the position i qualified for, and someone did say i could, so i don't see why i need to give up the position i initially qualified for because of an unintentional mistake, unless different rules apply to this league.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
I had the same penalty in the last race of the the last gt3 season, and i did double check in the chat if i could keep the position i qualified for, and someone did say i could, so i don't see why i need to give up the position i initially qualified for because of an unintentional mistake, unless different rules apply to this league.
Then I think that is wrong information. Why should you start 2nd if you qualified (including the penalty) 3th?

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
The rules that apply to this league is the same as in all leagues. If you qualify in 2nd but have a 1 place grid penaly, you start in 3rd. Or the simple way; if the game starts you in 3rd, that's where you start.
Penalties given in quali can't be disputed since we will start the race and there is no time. If you get a penalty in the race that you believe is wrongly given to you by the game, you can take it to the stewards together with video evidence and they will look at it :)

Don't know who told you that you could keep your spot in the GT3 race. Are you sure it was the coordinator?

siddharth953

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 6, 2019
The rules that apply to this league is the same as in all leagues. If you qualify in 2nd but have a 1 place grid penaly, you start in 3rd. Or the simple way; if the game starts you in 3rd, that's where you start.
Penalties given in quali can't be disputed since we will start the race and there is no time. If you get a penalty in the race that you believe is wrongly given to you by the game, you can take it to the stewards together with video evidence and they will look at it :)

Don't know who told you that you could keep your spot in the GT3 race. Are you sure it was the coordinator?
i'm not sure i remember who since i do not have the chats on me anymore, I wont make the same mistake the next time but for now please feel free to take any actions necessary

BDG_Geo

F1 Reserve Driver
Jan 20, 2019
Being the demoted driver i would reserve the right to have u in front of the stewards as in my opinion,you would have saw yourself as clear as day in second..with a grid penalty so why u would think u would start in second is beyond me..(did the game place u on the starting grid in 2nd or 3rd?i cant rem) think it makes it worse that u quit out during the race as well but the benefit of the doubt shall be granted but next time there will be no doubt that ur ignoring the rules and start procedure.end of case from my point of view..

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt