PS4 - AOR PS4 Endurance S4 - Tier 2 - ROUND 8 - Dubai Autodrome GP - 19.07.19 @7.30pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 Endurance S4 - Tier 2 - ROUND 8 - Dubai Autodrome GP - 19.07.19 @7.30pm UK time

pasha.proton

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 11, 2019
Hey guys just wanna get some of your opinions on this quickly!! Tyres! I tried both types of tires. I feel the softs would be good for 1 stint only and then change them at the first stop however with the hard tyres, yes they warm up quickly cause the track temp is high but I am sliding around a lot even with warm tyres and downforce!! My times are around 45/46s but I’m still debating what types to start on

Any opinion welcome lol
I always check the temperature of the tires. When a temperature of tires more than 105 Celsius they can be slippery. If I would race in Dubai I would choose a hard compound. At least degradation will not be fast.

• Agree
Reactions: Michel--NL

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Hey guys just wanna get some of your opinions on this quickly!! Tyres! I tried both types of tires. I feel the softs would be good for 1 stint only and then change them at the first stop however with the hard tyres, yes they warm up quickly cause the track temp is high but I am sliding around a lot even with warm tyres and downforce!! My times are around 45/46s but I’m still debating what types to start on

Any opinion welcome lol
The testing I've done says softs for me. Yes, I might need to swap tyres at every pitstop but that is still faster for me. I just can't get any speed on hard tyres, doesn't fit my driving style. But with that said, I still haven't done any serious long runs on the softs.

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
having just spoken to the mrs, i can confirm i will be on for some practice around 7

• Funny
Reactions: Jarryd Vermeulen

BDG_Geo

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 20, 2019
looking a bit sketchy for tonight - quite quick, but not very consistent - we'll just see how it pans out - good luck all :)
Its not an easy track mate..thers a right hander in sector 1..its prob the hardest corner ever made lol i cant seem to get it right at all :)
It will be a hard one to judge tonight with the strategy..the temps change alot during the the sessions..:)

Have a good one tho slicker..sure this is going to be a hard an sweaty one.it is roasting outside and inside..and i hope @Michel--NL hasnt got any rogue swarms of mosquitoes attacking him again tonight ;)

RRacer

AOR PS4 Endurance S4 T2 Champion
Jun 30, 2017
Good luck everyone today. At least in this race I'm feeling comfortable with tyres and set up. I like this track and I think will be tight between some drivers. Should be fun (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: YabbaTheHutt