PS4 - AOR PS4 Endurance S4 - Tier 2 - ROUND 8 - Dubai Autodrome GP - 19.07.19 @7.30pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 Endurance S4 - Tier 2 - ROUND 8 - Dubai Autodrome GP - 19.07.19 @7.30pm UK time

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Het Guys, i know it’s a late call but have to bail out from tonights race. Things have changed @ work so can’t be in time tonight! Have a good race you all.
Thanks for telling us...cya next week.

• Friendly
Reactions: BDG_Geo

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Q: 9th
R: 7th
I'm not gonna have a long report this time. Just gonna say that I hope that I never, ever, have to race on hards again!!! Such a big difference between online lobby on my own and with other people. Feels really good on my own and in quali and race...can't brake without locking up, understeers until it get grip and then oversteer. 2 hours of constant battle with the car and lapping about 0.5-1 second slower than in practise (where the car felt stable as a rock).

Congrats to the podium guys, well done as always. Looks like @RRacerF4N have one hand on the title with 2 races to go :)

de-thomas

F1 1st Driver
Jan 20, 2017
Okay result on a tricky track.

Q: P1
3 in a row. Nice one for the statistics :p Lap was quite good apart from the last few corners.

R: P3
Second 3rd place in a row and that was probably abound where I should have been tonight. Spun from the lead in the opening phase, on probably the only corner I hadn't spun in practice. Just didn't have the cat straight enough when applying the brakes.

Had two quite rediculous penalties for track limits but completely bottled it in the pit lane and picked up a speeding penalty. Guess I should have practiced the pit entry lol.

Was still leading coming into the pits for the second time but had no real hope for the win with penalties and still tyres to change and @GohstvanHunter was way quicker. Came out 3rd, briefly back to 2nd but didn't have the pace in the final stint. Worn fronts and fresh rears felt a bit weird.

Congrats @RRacerF4N and @GohstvanHunter

RRacer

AOR PS4 Endurance S4 T2 Champion
Jun 30, 2017
Q: 3rd
R: 1st

Intense race, probably one of the most in my aor career. I could extend so much this post, but to make it shorter, @GohstvanHunter was icredibly quicker the whole race, but more incosistent. We had two incidents, he was fair and gave me the position after the contact in both situations, but was a little bit frustrating. I let him pass two times because I was losing time with @de-thomas in front, who was my rival tonight with a similar pace.

Strategy was the key, I was longer in every stint, and in the last pit stop I could take the lead by 0.7 with @GohstvanHunter This time I defend my position as much as I could in the last 29 minutes, after some touches he passed me in the last 10 minutes, but in the next lap he spun. I thought I gonna win with 7 seconds gap and 8 minutes to go, but he was so quick that cought me in the last lap. I tried to maintain the calm and to avoid mistakes, and finally was a win! :D

Super happy because was unexpected and because I took it not being the quickest.

Congrats to everyone for a great night and thanks to the commentators, makes this championship much more exciting!

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Q: 9th
R: 7th
I'm not gonna have a long report this time. Just gonna say that I hope that I never, ever, have to race on hards again!!! Such a big difference between online lobby on my own and with other people. Feels really good on my own and in quali and race...can't brake without locking up, understeers until it get grip and then oversteer. 2 hours of constant battle with the car and lapping about 0.5-1 second slower than in practise (where the car felt stable as a rock).

Congrats to the podium guys, well done as always. Looks like @RRacerF4N have one hand on the title with 2 races to go :)
Had some small hopes to battle you but everytime we got close one off us made an mistake :(

• Agree
Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

GohstvanHunter

AOR PS4 GT3 S11 Tier 5 Champion
Dec 29, 2017
Q: 3rd
R: 1st

Intense race, probably one of the most in my aor career. I could extend so much this post, but to make it shorter, @GohstvanHunter was icredibly quicker the whole race, but more incosistent. We had two incidents, he was fair and gave me the position after the contact in both situations, but was a little bit frustrating. I let him pass two times because I was losing time with @de-thomas in front, who was my rival tonight with a similar pace.

Strategy was the key, I was longer in every stint, and in the last pit stop I could take the lead by 0.7 with @GohstvanHunter This time I defend my position as much as I could in the last 29 minutes, after some touches he passed me in the last 10 minutes, but in the next lap he spun. I thought I gonna win with 7 seconds gap and 8 minutes to go, but he was so quick that cought me in the last lap. I tried to maintain the calm and to avoid mistakes, and finally was a win! :D

Super happy because was unexpected and because I took it not being the quickest.

Congrats to everyone for a great night and thanks to the commentators, makes this championship much more exciting!
I am sorry for my mistakes mate where i hit you off but waited as it was my fault hope i didn't damage your car, you deserve that win i think you made no mistake while i spun like 5 to 6 times everytime i came close i spund and again and again but im gonna blame it on the commentators who cursed me XD
I think you might be able to take the championchip next round.

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
great last minute qualy lap to take 2nd - buzzing like mad as i crossed the line ;) got my seat position sorted for the start, good start was able to hold 2nd for a few laps till @de-thomas spun, somehow managed to get past him without a track limit penalty and there i was in the lead. held it for a while, @de-thomas came back to a couple of secs behind, but was able to hold the gap until the inevitable spin. no damage 4th place, able to catch a bit to the leaders, then spun again, this time into the wall losing my rear wing. struggled round to the pits (spinning twice more on the way) thought i had time for a quick P, but when i came back the car was off the jacks and ready to go, seemed a bit quick, but off i went, found she wasn't stopping like she should on new tyres, then realised they hadn't changed them. kept plugging away till i needed to pit again for fuel. went off track twice while trying to sort my pit strategy, finally thought i'd sorted it, went to the pits - again they left the old tyres on - so p*ssed off by this time that i just hit 'retire to pit' and sat through the rest of the race watching my slim championship hopes going up in smoke.

never had this pitstop issue before on pc2, knew others had it, but always thought they'd done something wrong tbh. now i know - it can happen to anyone even if the pit strategy is correct - ouch!!!

congrats to the podium, looks like it's between @BDG_Geo and @RRacerF4N for the championship as @de-thomas is away next time