PS4 AOR PS4 Endurance Season 5 - Round 2 - Sakitto GP

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018

just a reminder, gents

Important: pit entry guidelines

For Sakitto we decided that drivers can use the second pit entry (blocked by the cones). The game will not penalize you for taking this entry.
We ask every driver who is going to pit to flash their lights on the straight just before the left hander to warn the driver behind him.

Qualifying

we have decided to extend the qualy session for this race to 20 mins. the pitlane will be closed for the first 5 mins - anyone who crosses the pit exit line before the in-game clock shows 15 minutes remaining will be disqualified from qualy and will start at the back

this is to ensure that all drivers get a fair chance on a properly wet track, rather than having a rush to get out in the first minutes while the track is not fully wet

can we also ask if anyone can't make it on friday, please let us know asap - thank you

have a good race :)

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
one further note - some bright spark has spotted that the formation zone picture in the op is from the short version of the circuit - the formation point will be just before 130r (fast left-hander on the back straight)

Reactions: Matthew010383

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
Race report...
Quali P2.. happy I got the front row start for the race. Great pole lap from @Jetix58.
Race P1.. really a tough race for me as my car just had so much understeer. Didnt feel anything like the car I have been driving for the past 2 weeks. A race long battle with @Bodhie was intense and a great example of endurance racing. @Jetix58.. I think never changed his tyres and this kept him in front of me and tinus. But we knew that once the end came..we would all come together again. Lucky to survive jets mistake and managed to win.

Our team managed to get some good points and keep our lead in the championship despite my team mates @Matthew010383 bad luck tonight. He deserved more out of tonights event.

@Slicker Congratulations on p4. Top drive and @Bodhie Very good drive tonight. Hope to see you in my mirrors again in 2 weeks time.

2 out 2 for me. Now onto the next one. I'll see you guys in 2 weeks.

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
my stream from last night:-

good result - shame i threw away 3rd at the last corner - wot a c*ck :rolleyes:

Reactions: Cleeke

Essa.Racing

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 11, 2019
Firstly congrats to everyone and especially the podium. Overall really pleased with y result especially after clipping the sausage curbs in the final turn and getting airborn. Thankfully after getting a small nudge into T1 off the start and dropping down to the back made life a bit more interesting. One thing I did really struggle with was when following another driver. I felt that when coming up behind anyone I was loosing so much pace though sector 1 and 2. I know most of it is due to turbulence but I was being affected way more than I would have expected. Didn't help me when coming up to lap someone. As the blue flag doesn't come out until your within 1 sec (it seams) and I would just stick for a number of laps at just over a sec behind. I think really that I need to work on my set up as for both of the races the car has felt really good, but I think I know where I need to look.

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
enjoyed this race a lot, but there was one important note: TOO MANY DRIVERS WITH NO LIGHTS ON!!!

@jam_my21 - was a good battle for most of the race, but when you were behind me i really struggled to see exactly where you were. i flashed my lights a lot, but i guess you didn't know why. as for the last corner - i focused so hard on getting the launch out of spoon, made the 1 second gap i needed then i guess i just switched off, thought i had the job done, and the sausages bit me :cry: - still, good race, and at least i managed to get it back on track for 4th

Matthew010383

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 10, 2018
First of I would like to apologize to al the guys that i was i the way of during my 2 laps of AI. At my first pitstop i wanted to turn of my damage in the pit stratergie but by accident i turned on swap driver. It was the first time for me that that happened to me so i didn't know what to do. I went in to the pit for the first time hopping it would change it back but it didn't. So i had to do a second lap but this time i turned on swap driver again and it worked luckily.

My stream from last night's race. And around 1:01:22 in to my stream you can see i changed it:(

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Cleeke and Slicker

jam_my21

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 LMP1 Champion
Mar 17, 2017
I didn't know how to check if my light were On or Off. Now I know.
enjoyed this race a lot, but there was one important note: TOO MANY DRIVERS WITH NO LIGHTS ON!!!
I didn't saw your light flashing at all in that water spray. Last corner was unlucky for you as I run out of fuel just before finish line so you would had been 3rd.
@jam_my21 - was a good battle for most of the race, but when you were behind me i really struggled to see exactly where you were. i flashed my lights a lot, but i guess you didn't know why. as for the last corner - i focused so hard on getting the launch out of spoon, made the 1 second gap i needed then i guess i just switched off, thought i had the job done, and the sausages bit me :cry: - still, good race, and at least i managed to get it back on track for 4th

Reactions: Slicker

Fabio_dubai

GP2 2nd Driver
Aug 14, 2017
Race report:
Qualy P10. Happy for the result o the quali even though i could be P9 if my stupid pit limiter button would have work, but he decided to died and got 1 position penalty.
Race P14. Started well and had a nice clean fight, but the i kept loosing concentration because i forgot to turn ON the AC in the room.

Congrats to the podium guys, you are at another level!!!!!

Reactions: Slicker