PS4 - AOR PS4 Endurance Season 5 - Round 3 - Bathurst | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 Endurance Season 5 - Round 3 - Bathurst

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018

ok, guys - this is a very tricky track so there are some ground rules we need to follow:-

1) make sure you have a good gap in front and behind before starting your qualifying laps
2) particularly on first racing lap we don't want to see any silly moves over the mountain - an incident here could destroy the entire field :eek: (obviously this applies throughout the race as well)
3) lapped cars - if a car is approaching to lap you through the mountain section ONLY give way IF you can get off the racing line and slow down safely, otherwise wait till the straight. if anyone gets a penalty for ignoring blue flags by following this advice, keep the footage and take it to the stewards - the penalty will be removed if the evidence is clear
4) lapping cars - see 3) and be patient

this has the potential for a really great race - or an absolute disaster - let's make it great :D

@GUNNERGAMBLE - you are next reserve - so please get some practice and be on standby from 7:00uk

GUNNERGAMBLE

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jul 1, 2014

ok, guys - this is a very tricky track so there are some ground rules we need to follow:-

1) make sure you have a good gap in front and behind before starting your qualifying laps
2) particularly on first racing lap we don't want to see any silly moves over the mountain - an incident here could destroy the entire field :eek: (obviously this applies throughout the race as well)
3) lapped cars - if a car is approaching to lap you through the mountain section ONLY give way IF you can get off the racing line and slow down safely, otherwise wait till the straight. if anyone gets a penalty for ignoring blue flags by following this advice, keep the footage and take it to the stewards - the penalty will be removed if the evidence is clear
4) lapping cars - see 3) and be patient

this has the potential for a really great race - or an absolute disaster - let's make it great :D

@GUNNERGAMBLE - you are next reserve - so please get some practice and be on standby from 7:00uk
@GUNNERGAMBLE - are you available tonight?
Only just seen these! Not available to race I’m afraid.

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
looks like we might be light tonight - please make sure you've read my post above - thanks

Cleeke

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 3, 2019
Sorry guys, i honestly tought it was at 8pm.
Can i still join or am i to late

Jeroen81

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2018
Sorry Guys, i accidentally pressed return to race central after qualification when i turned on the dual shock :mad::mad::mad::mad: Congratz to the podium!(y)

• What?
Reactions: Slicker

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
results are up (sort of) there is an issue with the sheet preventing me entering the laps and times - should get sorted shortly :coffee:

Reactions: Jarryd Vermeulen

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
Race report
Quali P1.. was very pleased to grab P1 for the race as I knew this would make my race alot easier.
Race P1... my plan was to push for the 1st 12 laps and then start saving my tyres for my next stint. Once tinus made his mistake I knew my race was made alot easier as my gap grew from 13 seconds to 26. From then on it was about keeping it on track and bringing the car home. Fastest lap was a nice bonus as well. Have to say I'm very pleased with my drive tonight as it was not easy around here and to not even hit a wall or brush up against one was a very good feeling.

To my team mate @Matthew010383 P7 was an important result for us as a team and we keep our lead in the championship. I'm sure next time out at Sonoma..you will have a much more enjoyable race.

To everyone else thank you for showing up and to those who finished congratulations.

See you lads in 2 weeks for Sonoma!! Looking forward to that race.

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
Race report
Quali P1.. was very pleased to grab P1 for the race as I knew this would make my race alot easier.
Race P1... my plan was to push for the 1st 12 laps and then start saving my tyres for my next stint. Once tinus made his mistake I knew my race was made alot easier as my gap grew from 13 seconds to 26. From then on it was about keeping it on track and bringing the car home. Fastest lap was a nice bonus as well. Have to say I'm very pleased with my drive tonight as it was not easy around here and to not even hit a wall or brush up against one was a very good feeling.

To my team mate @Matthew010383 P7 was an important result for us as a team and we keep our lead in the championship. I'm sure next time out at Sonoma..you will have a much more enjoyable race.

To everyone else thank you for showing up and to those who finished congratulations.

See you lads in 2 weeks for Sonoma!! Looking forward to that race.
well played @Jarryd Vermeulen @Bodhie and @jam_my21 - congratulations on the podium

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
my stream from tonight:-

not great at the start, but picked up later - pretty lucky to get 4th though, i think

Bodhie

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 26, 2019
My quali was not the best, made a small mistake in my best lap, so that got invalidated, that's why I had to start from P4.

At the start I was stuck behind @jam_my21. I knew I could do mid 1.52's - low 53's, but was impossible behind someone with the dirty air. He also had a low downforce setup, so couldn't overtake him on the straights, he was just to fast. Fortunatly for me, he made a small mistake on the hill, so I could sneak by. Unfortunatly, I lost a lot of time to @Jarryd Vermeulen and @VSR_Rotary, so I had to push to get the gap smaller. Pitstop time. I was double stinting the tyres, so I could make a faster pitstop than Ethan, and overtake him during our pitstops. Gap to Jarryd -> 13 sec. Time to close the gap I thought. Unfortunatly I made a small error on the top of the hill, braking to late what caused me to spin. Fortunate enough, I didn't hit any walls. With a 7 point turn (I think) I could resume my race with Ethan in my mirrors. After a few laps he made a mistake, and that was race over for me. The gaps were to big, so it was chilling to the finish line to become P2 and scoring some good points for the team championship (well done @Slicker to become 4th, scoring some good points)

My race:

Wimstradamus

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T5 Champion
Premium Member
May 7, 2016
Sorry I didn't finished the race, got pushed off in the very first corner after the start.
That sad my mood for the race also my car setup was not really stable so then when I made a mistake before the first scheduled pitstop and needed to pit the second time for damage i felt everything was going wrong I had enough.
Its not my style to give up that easy but i think it was for the best, otherwise i would become a driving chicane on this tricky narrow track and did not want be in the way for you guys.

VSR_Rotary

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans LMP1-H tier 1 Winner
Apr 10, 2018
Sorry I didn't finished the race, got pushed off in the very first corner after the start.
That sad my mood for the race also my car setup was not really stable so then when I made a mistake before the first scheduled pitstop and needed to pit the second time for damage i felt everything was going wrong I had enough.
Its not my style to give up that easy but i think it was for the best, otherwise i would become a driving chicane on this tricky narrow track and did not want be in the way for you guys.
You wouldn't have been in the way bro, nearly everyone in the entire field got caught out some were more fortunate some were not but would never be in the way, chin up got a long season ahead of you still (y)

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
poor qualy for me - 1 second slower than in practice. race started ok till i brushed the wall and got some minor damage - decided to carry on as it was too early to pit, then spun in the uphill hairpin, got collected by two cars and had to pit. fortunately was able to just make two more stops after that and (with a bit of fuel-saving) made it to the end with no more dramas. good result - closing the gap in the team championship, but i think we might need a win or two from you @Bodhie ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Bodhie