PS4 - AOR PS4 Endurance Season 5 - Round 5 - Nurburgring Combined | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 Endurance Season 5 - Round 5 - Nurburgring Combined

Bodhie

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 26, 2019

can everyone please make sure you know your starting position and check out the formation/acceleration zones - we are not doing a full formation lap - we start on the gp circuit

this is going to be big fun :D
Some guys are not racing tonight, and some others are added to the list. So is it possible to update the starting order, just to make sure everyone is in the correct position?

RacingAtHome

AOR PS4 Clio Cup T2 Champion
May 5, 2016
Sorry guys. I've not felt well all day and it hasn't improved so I'll have to pull out. Shame as I love this circuit.

TV's decided to stop working anyway so even if I was fine, I wouldn't be able to anyway.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Slicker

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
Some guys are not racing tonight, and some others are added to the list. So is it possible to update the starting order, just to make sure everyone is in the correct position?
just waiting till the last minute, so i don't have to do it numerous times ;)

larskeijzers

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 26, 2019
Sorry Jazzman, I lost the car in the barrier. I hope you didn't have any damage
And my internet disconnected later.

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
Sorry Jazzman, I lost the car in the barrier. I hope you didn't have any damage
And my internet disconnected later.
That was so close to taking me out of the race. Was crazy how I just missed you. Lucky escape for me.

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
Race report...
Race P2.. crazy 1st lap and just happy I made it out alive with a car with no damage. However that changed when I could not avoid a spinning car. 5 damage and the stint was compromised heavily. Wanted to extend the stint but this was not possible anymore. Just had to push hard to maintain half decent lap times. 1st stop came and I knew when I saw tinus carry on for another lap I was in trouble. Pushed hard and when he came out I was within 2 seconds. Managed to get passed due to a mistake by tinus. However my dream of 5 wins out of 5 was crushed when I couldnt save enough. Was 2L short i reckon. Tough pill to swallow not going to lie. I feel I drove the best race I could.

Congratulations to @Bodhie For the W and to @jam_my21 for another podium finish. To the rest of drivers I say thank you for taking part and racing till the end. Top class.

Team championship lead has been lost. But another good drive from my team mate @Matthew010383 scoring good points for the team. We got push hard the next 5 races to bring home the team championship.

See you guys in 2 weeks for Watkins glen. Cant wait.

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
results are up - my stream:-

decent result again, but getting a bit tired of 4th place now

Reactions: JRF_Hgrade_B_66

Essa.Racing

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 11, 2019
Well what can I say about last nights race. firstly massive congrats to everyone that took part and finished. Shame for those that had disconnects. But props to the top 3. For me it was a hard race. Managed to survive the first lap unscathed until joining the ring for the second time. Car in front span went to the outside to try and avoid but didn't work as hoped. Ended up with suspension damage and 10% aero. Had to pit as the car was a real struggle especially under braking. Then came a race long battle for 4th/5th/6th. Strategy was gonna sort this one out. I went for a tire change in my second stop, Might not have been the best idea as coming into the last 2 laps of the race my tires were shot. Then to top it off Realising I didn't have enough fuel to finish. Pushing harder than I had in the corners all race to make time that I was loosing on the straights due to massive fuel saving and shot tires caused my final lap spin costing me 5th. I had been chasing down 4th till the last couple laps. Tires just seamed to fall off all of a sudden, leaving no grip. Was strange. Thinking about it after the race my set up might have been the problem. I think I wasn't running enough aero. The car felt great but maybe I could have done with a click or 2 more rear wing. to help with rear grip as the tires wore out. Was a shame as 4th could have been a possibility. But great drives from everyone and all in all I'm really happy to have got the result I did. See you all in a couple weeks

JRF_Hgrade_B_66

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 14, 2020
Has anyone out up a video of the whole race but not from one person view?
I have watch two race view from two people which was fun to watch but would like to see the whole race from different views. Even without any commentary?

jam_my21

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 LMP1 Champion
Mar 17, 2017
I just hate these reverse grip races, but I have to say this one went much better than I thought it would. Nice patience on first lap at least as on start of end of the grid. 1st lap was really slippery as tires were cold (hards) but 2nd lap onward was easier with hotter tires.
My strategy was run with save one with good tires as change them as needed. I love "green hell" and this one was fun again even though it was little lonely as there wasn't really anyone to race against as @Jarryd Vermeulen and @Bodhie were little bit ahead of me.
Well done everyone!

Reactions: Jarryd Vermeulen

Cleeke

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 3, 2019
Well, my race was going perfect till 20min before end i lost focus for a moment and decided to kiss the wall on the right side, bumpt off to the left side to give a kiss and back to the right for a final kiss, result 100% DF damage in the back, almost 70% in the front and big suspension damage allround.
It woke me up and was focust for the rest off the race
The start was perfect for me, 2e when we turn up the Nordsleife and a few moments later, i was lucky to take 1e place after a little mistake from the other guy.
After 1:40h I was 4e with 35sec ahead and only had to do a splash and dash for 2laps fuel. It could have been close if i did not crash.
It was a good race and i had good fun racing and practicing. Up to the next one. Thanks.

Essa.Racing

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 11, 2019
really enjoyed this race - good battles throughout with @jam_my21 @Matthew010383 @Essa.Racing (sorry for the squeeze on the run down to the carousel after you overshot a bit:) ) - never more than a few seconds away from someone :love::love::love:
No need for the "Sorry" like you said I over shot. I was struggling with susspension damage after the incident coming back onto the ring lap 2. My hope is you didn't then pick up any damage.

Reactions: Slicker