PS4 - AOR PS4 Endurance Season 5 - Round 9 - Mugello | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 Endurance Season 5 - Round 9 - Mugello

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
That was frustrating but not surprising. Turn 1 was a mess by myself. Wanted to be aggressive as even though it was a 2 hour race, there wasn't any chance of overtaking unless the person in front made a catastrophic mistake. Knowing that I tried to go down the inside but couldn't find my braking point. Somehow on my screen I didn't touch anyone, but it probably caused a mess. From there the first stint was just picking up the pieces of people going off and trying to settle into a decent pace. I went with the soft tyres so I was trying to be gentle. Had @Wimstradamus in front who I seemed even on pace with at the beginning and @jam_my21 behind who was miles quicker, but the track did him no favours. He got close once down the main straight and lifted out and that turned out to be a mistake as he got stuck for 20 laps. First pitstop I changed everything and had new tyres with higher pressure anticipating the track temps going up. Got jumped by Jam_my who went for a monster undercut and I nearly got the overcut on Wim. From then on the tyres felt like **** as the grip wasn't there with the new set and it was just ridiculously hot in my house (was 35 degrees Celsius outside with a broken A/C unit). After a couple mistakes saw me lose another position I binned it pretty good into the wall. At that point I had major suspension damage and was looking at being 3 laps down on @Jarryd Vermeulen once I got back to the pits and fixed the car. Didn't feel like it was worth driving at that point and just wanted to go try and cool down as well.

Essa.Racing

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 11, 2019
Quali: P6 Really pleased with quali as it was the fastest time I had managed all through practise.
Race: P7. Really gutted with result. After the incident in T1 I suffered 25% front Aero on 20% FL suspension damage, the first stint was all about keeping the car on track. Picked up a few places and ran consistent lap times (all be it 2 secs off my pace). @Slicker was gaining all the time on me and we had a few good laps off close battle. I decided that It was time for an early pit to fix the damage and fill up. I decided to double stint the soft tires. This worked out quite well, as pulled myself up to P6 by the time it came to the second pit stop and gaining on P5. I was really suffering by the end of the stink with the front tires as the were gone. But then it all went wrong for me. Fresh rubber felt horrible the rear of the car was all over the place and eventually the inevitable happened, I span. hitting the wall causing massive damage. Came into pit lane to fix only to be down in P10. started the fight back until Tinus lapped me. It was then the car changed. With about 5 laps remaining and my lap times tumbling I was pushing hard to catch P6. In the end got very close. Another couple laps was needed I think. All in all it was a good race, pleased with pace but let myself down with a big spin that prob by the end of it cost me a good minute overall

Wimstradamus

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T5 Champion
Premium Member
May 7, 2016
Q p11
R p5

Quali should have been better, did 2 laps where i gained 4 tents on my fasted lap in the first sector alone but could not hold on to it.

First stint in the race i was really slow only with low fuel i got in the low 1.36 on hard tires.
From the start i was trying to follow @Cleeke but he slowly drove away until he disconnected.
Behind me the first few laps @Slicker was pushing me until he made a small mistake but @Bcolt93 took his place and i had was sort of on the same pace as he was, i think he was a little faster but he was also fighting with @jam_my21 with i think helped me to stay in front.
The second stint i changed my tires (hard again) and was much faster now i did low 36 high 35 immediately on a full tank of fuel.
At the pitstops Jam_me jumped in front of me with an undercut and i just stayed ahead of Bcolt undercutting him.
Then it was sort of lonely, Jam_me drove away and i drove away from Bcolt.

For the last stint, i had planned a fuel-only stop but changed my mind and took new tyres because of the gaps in front and behind where big enough.
I still kept pushing for good lap times because you never know whats gonna happen.
And in the last lap suddenly i see Jam_me with damage, with 1 corner to go i past him for p4 but mr. race director was tough on me and had given me 9 second penalty for track limits witch was about 2 second to much to stay in p4.

Happy with the result was not thinking a top 5 was possible.

Congrats to @Jarryd Vermeulen @Bodhie and @F4H_Jake with there podiums.

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
Quali: P6 Really pleased with quali as it was the fastest time I had managed all through practise.
Race: P7. Really gutted with result. After the incident in T1 I suffered 25% front Aero on 20% FL suspension damage, the first stint was all about keeping the car on track. Picked up a few places and ran consistent lap times (all be it 2 secs off my pace). @Slicker was gaining all the time on me and we had a few good laps off close battle. I decided that It was time for an early pit to fix the damage and fill up. I decided to double stint the soft tires. This worked out quite well, as pulled myself up to P6 by the time it came to the second pit stop and gaining on P5. I was really suffering by the end of the stink with the front tires as the were gone. But then it all went wrong for me. Fresh rubber felt horrible the rear of the car was all over the place and eventually the inevitable happened, I span. hitting the wall causing massive damage. Came into pit lane to fix only to be down in P10. started the fight back until Tinus lapped me. It was then the car changed. With about 5 laps remaining and my lap times tumbling I was pushing hard to catch P6. In the end got very close. Another couple laps was needed I think. All in all it was a good race, pleased with pace but let myself down with a big spin that prob by the end of it cost me a good minute overall
thought you must have damage in that first stint - knew you were quicker than that ;)

Reactions: Essa.Racing