PS4 Main - AOR PS4 F1 2018 Leagues - Main Evaluation Race Thread - Season 17 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Main AOR PS4 F1 2018 Leagues - Main Evaluation Race Thread - Season 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curly

PS4 F1 League Runner & 3 Time AOR Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 27, 2017
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 17
PS4 - Evaluation Race Thread

This is 3rd and final step of the sign-up process. This step needs to be done by all new drivers who did not race in Season 16, any drivers who only completed less than 5 races in Season 16, and any drivers moving from the assist leagues to the main leagues. This thread is for drivers signing up to the Main Leagues.

Before registering for an evaluation race, make sure you have signed up to the league in the sign-up thread (step 1).

The evaluation races will be hosted on 4 days from Thursday 4th April - Sunday 7th April. You only need to participate in one of the races.

Intro:
The pre-season evaluation races are being arranged for a few reasons:

● It will work as an additional means to help us judge the league placement for new drivers, by allowing us to see how you perform on race pace over a 50% distance race.
● It will give us a taste of your race craft and ability to race cleanly and stay out of trouble, and ensure that all drivers have some experience of organised online racing.
● It will show us that you are properly committed to taking part in the upcoming league season, and allow us to weed out potential inactive sign-ups before the season has started.

How to take part:
Below you can find links to a race thread for each of the evaluation race nights. Enter the thread of the race day that suits you the most, and sign up there by replying with your PSN ID. It is possible to set up multiple lobbies per evaluation race day if necessary.

If you for some reason are unable to attend all of these race nights, due to reasons out of your control, then leave a message in this thread to let us know. Drivers who fail to attend any of the races, without informing us with a good reason, will not be included in the league placements.

Evaluation Race #1 - Thursday 4th April
Evaluation Race #2 - Friday 5th April
Evaluation Race #3 - Saturday 6th April
Evaluation Race #4 - Sunday 7th April

More information about the races can be found within the individual race threads.

Post-race reporting:

After you have finished your race, you will need to make a post in this thread with the following information:

Race Director Images:
On the results screen after the race, enter the "race director" and take screenshots (or make a recording) of your lap times in the race director screen, and upload your pictures here. This will help us get a better overview of your race pace.

Race Report:
Qualifying Position:
Qualifying Time:
Finishing Position:
Other notes: [Add anything of note that may have affected your lap times during the race, such as incidents, mistakes, penalties, lengthy battles, etc.]

Practical info regarding screenshots:

How to take a screenshot:
PS4: Press and hold down the 'SHARE' button until a notification pops up. Alternatively, press the 'SHARE' button and then press 'TRIANGLE' to save a screenshot.
XB1: Press the home button and then Y.
PC: Press F12 (unless you changed that hotkey in your Steam settings).

How to add a screenshot to your post:
You can upload images directly to your post as an attachment by clicking the "ATTACH FILES" button underneath the text box, and then selecting the images from the folder on your computer. Alternatively, you can upload your image to an external image hosting site (such as imgur, dropbox, google drive etc) and add the URL using the "Insert image" button above the text box, and then using the "By URL" option.

Example Screenshots:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian Bastein

Formula 4 1st Driver
Nov 15, 2017
Here you go. Man 1-6 wings 9 balast was a pain to control in the race. Also I spun coming out of eau rouge at Radillon during my outlap after my stop to the medium tyres which is why lap 7 was so ridiculously slow. It probably also gave me about 2% extra tyre wear through the entire stint I assume.
Qualifying Position: 1st
Qualifying Time: 1.41.135
Finishing Position:
1st

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2014
Horrible race from me had no setup so ran a stock one may as well have driving a boat lol had to pit 3 or 4 times not sure as I spun and destroyed the tyres.
994C7449-D2B2-431C-9501-728752DFBD53.jpeg
AAE0FA9E-4DCC-4964-80E6-E75ED78BB2D9.jpeg

Yoan Simracing

Pro Karter
Dec 2, 2018
Qualifying Position: 3rd
Qualifying Time: 1.41.640 (SS)
Finishing Position: 3rd
Other notes: Qualifying lap 1 : 1.42.024 (SS)
Qualifying lap 2 : 1.41.751 (SS)
Last Qualifying lap : 1.41.640 (SS)
Bad pace in the first stint of the race and I made a stupid mistake in lap 4 (hit a little bit the wall outside at turn 16 and spin) and finishing with just 3 seconds time penalty. Without my mistake I think i could have been more close to the 2nd place.

Last edited:

R70_SUPERMARIO

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 11, 2019
Qualifying Position: 5
Qualifying Time: 1:41:901
Finishing Position: 4
Other notes: The stop and go penalty was because of the last corner bug, losing the pódium.

Attachments

MJamesred

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 19, 2015
Qualifying Position: 14th
Qualifying Time: 1:45.452
Finishing Position: 12th
Other notes: few penalties because of driver error but overall good race. could of gone a little quicker but only had a time trial set up on because of the time i had. there only got one page of delta times as clock was running down at the end of the session the fast lap i set was at the end of the race a 1:47.394.

will try to upload my prospective of the race on youtube later this weekend or week (highlights)

Last edited:

Jolvanni

Junior Karter
Mar 28, 2019
This wonderful game kicked me out of the session when there were 4 laps to go... so I cant send the screenshots. ( I was second last btw. Horrible race from me)

advanceapple

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 11, 2017
Qualifying Position: P10
Qualifying Time: 1:43.607 (M)
Finishing Position: P5
Other notes: ...
77541 77542

RobertH2000

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 27, 2019
05/04/2018 PS4
Qualifying position: P6
Qualifying time: 1:42.269
Finishing position: P6
Notes: Messed up the fuel load at the start but apart from that I'm happy with my pace.

DonkeyDaan

Junior Karter
Apr 1, 2019
Qualifying Position: 9th
Qualifying Time: 1:42:385
Finishing Position: 6th
Other notes: battled from lap 1- 15. Last 7 laps clean air except lap 21 when a lapped car spins in front of me

saladra

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 5, 2019
I have forgotten to screen but, I remember that i have 2 penaltys and finished 17th. And i haven t did the qualificagion during the 3rd test in ps4 main

Arttu1202

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 1, 2019
Qualifying Position: 2
Qualifying Time: 1:41.467
Finishing Position: 2
Other notes: Not a perfect lap in qualy, decent but easily could have been 0.2-0.3s faster. Race was pretty much driving solo, couldn't catch the guy ahead and no overtaking attempts from behind. Lost a bit of time in pit as needed to wait some cars to pass by. Pace would have been a bit better with more stable setup, just used time trial setup because lack of time.

Attachments

sirio42994

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 6, 2019
Qualify: 11th
Qualify time: 1:44.119
Race: 9th (11th on track but 9th due to penalties to other drivers)

Notes: I use default setups (i only change wings and ballast, but that's the way i will race in the League, so no big deal) and i rarely go for a custom strategy (i was the only one who opted for S-SS)

Attachments

Zaack

Pro Karter
Feb 24, 2019
Qualifying Position: 5
Qualifying Time: 1:42:021
Finishing Position: 4
Other notes: I got really stuck in traffic in the first stint, I was around a 46.5 in practice with the supersoft. In the second stint I haven't really done my best but still an ok pace. Last lap I ran a little bit wide in turn 7 while Louis was trying to overtake me, I think from my point of view we barely touched but he spun (really sorry if it was my mistake)

77838 77839

Veztokh

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 8, 2018
Qualify: P8
Qual Time: 1:42
Race: P8
Well.... i spun twice on my quali laps and i it was looking like a 1.41.2 but got invalid before the straight...
Then the race.. It was just a nightmare. I was getting held on the SS stint then i made a small mistake and lost 2pos. Then i went to the box and i was flying on the mediums until i made contact to the ferrari. Tried to overtake him round the outside but spun it like vettel. After that i got really mad and i lost 10sec. Then i was doing 1.46 consistantly and overtook cars ahead of me and caught the ferrari again. i was P5 and the ferrari was P4. Then.. i spun at the aids corner.... Went down to P8 so i didnt care much so i pitted the last 2 laps and made the fastest lap. But if i didnt have this spins in the race and quali i would 100 procent be on the podium but i was really nervous so yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.