PS4 - AOR PS4 F1 2019 Classic Christmas Cup - Tier 1 - Main Discussion Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 F1 2019 Classic Christmas Cup - Tier 1 - Main Discussion Thread

BosslyGaming

Super Mod & F1 League Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Mar 24, 2017
Welcome to the AOR F1 2019 Classic Christmas Cup. Hopefully you enjoy something different from the normal AOR F1 Leagues - instead using the classic cars.

Here is a reminder of the calendar:

20th December - McLaren MP4/4 - Japan
22nd December - RedBull Racing RB6 - Britain
27th December - Williams FW25 - Italy
29th December - Ferrari F2007 - Belgium
2nd January - Renault R26 - Bahrain

All races will start at the same time as the F1 Leagues (8pm each region's timezone)

Your coordinator for the tier will be @Casper24-F1. He'll introduce themselves and please ensure to add him on PSN as that's how you'll get into the lobby.

In this tier, all assists will be allowed.

Enjoy racing!

Driver List:

@Casper24-F1
@Tactician109
@OnyxMer
@MRL_vasterracer
@JACKITA37
@Ferhan_Racer2004
@SamGamerOfficial
@SolidNinjaSnake
@DeclanS02
@Limaro_83
@Bluqz
@multirabc
@JGvI_Pt
@Iceman46
@Wobbuffet
@OasisFan95
@sammeberg
@Kaiser0408
@Miketc77
@RJS
@Ginnittowinit

Reserves:
@Sideshow—Prod

Casper24-F1

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 20, 2018
Hi everyone and welcome to this year's edition of the AOR classic christmas cup!

I'm Casper, 16 years old, and I'll be your coordinator of this mini championship. If you have any questions at any point then don't hesistate to message me. You can send me a message on Twitter (@Casper24Jansen), on the AOR forums and also on PSN. If you can't race then please let me know as well.

My PSN is "Casper24-F1", so if you want an invite to the lobby on Friday then please add me on PSN. I'll try to accept all friend requests as soon as possible.

Assists will be allowed in this tier in order to give the drivers who are racing in the assists leagues an enjoyable time as well during the christmas break.

Other than that, let's just have a fun time on track. I'm certainly looking forward to it, see you all on Friday!

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Yeah I know this is suppose to be 'fun' but I completely disagree with all assists being allowed, as a non-assist user I can live with racing against those who use RL & auto gears as they don't provide a actual advantage/benefit to the car itself.

But allowing the likes of ABS and TC will give an advantage over non-assist drivers it just isn't right or fair, its why we have non-assist and assist only leagues.

And checking the sign ups only 5 drivers who signed up used assists that's only 25%, if had been about half of the drivers then I could have understood this decision to a degree, but either way this has come as a unpleasant surprise.

At least ask the 14 other non-assist drivers here to come to a general agreement to this in the first place rather then just enforce it, as I doubt I'm the only one unhappy about this.

Casper24-F1

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 20, 2018
Yeah I know this is suppose to be 'fun' but I completely disagree with all assists being allowed, as a non-assist user I can live with racing against those who use RL & auto gears as they don't provide a actual advantage/benefit to the car itself.

But allowing the likes of ABS and TC will give an advantage over non-assist drivers it just isn't right or fair, its why we have non-assist and assist only leagues.

And checking the sign ups only 5 drivers who signed up used assists that's only 25%, if had been about half of the drivers then I could have understood this decision to a degree, but either way this has come as a unpleasant surprise.

At least ask the 14 other non-assist drivers here to come to a general agreement to this in the first place rather then just enforce it, as I doubt I'm the only one unhappy about this.
We've made this decision because we think it wouldn't be fair for the guys that do use assists to not let them race. Also it helps to get the numbers up.

Don't get me wrong, I also prefer to race against drivers who don't use assists. However it would be pretty sad if we didn't let the assists drivers race in a competition which is only for a bit of fun over christmas.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
We've made this decision because we think it wouldn't be fair for the guys that do use assists to not let them race. Also it helps to get the numbers up.

Don't get me wrong, I also prefer to race against drivers who don't use assists. However it would be pretty sad if we didn't let the assists drivers race in a competition which is only for a bit of fun over christmas.
Yeah I can understand that its just that this shouldn't really happen, in last year's xmas cup (PS4 tier) they had drivers who signed up that used assists yet the co-ords still went with no assists for that xmas cup back then.

Look I'll be clear I don't have an issue with the assist drivers/users, as hell I even was one of the first people to put forward the idea of having official 'Assist Leagues' during the good ol' days of Season 13 as back then they were known as 'Rookie Leagues'.

But despite my thoughts/opinion on this I do look at things from both sides of the coin, yep I don't like this decision but I can understand and accept it.

Anyway moving on, are we getting a commentator for this shindig?:unsure:

Reactions: DaveKennedyJr

Casper24-F1

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 20, 2018
Yeah I can understand that its just that this shouldn't really happen, in last year's xmas cup (PS4 tier) they had drivers who signed up that used assists yet the co-ords still went with no assists for that xmas cup back then.

Look I'll be clear I don't have an issue with the assist drivers/users, as hell I even was one of the first people to put forward the idea of having official 'Assist Leagues' during the good ol' days of Season 13 as back then they were known as 'Rookie Leagues'.

But despite my thoughts/opinion on this I do look at things from both sides of the coin, yep I don't like this decision but I can understand and accept it.

Anyway moving on, are we getting a commentator for this shindig?:unsure:
I'm glad you can understand the decision and I hope you will still have an enjoyable time in this year's christmas cup, even though you disagree with a couple of things.

I believe we will get a commentator from race 2 onwards, which means we probably won't have a livestream for the opening race.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Just a suggestion @Casper24-F1 despite it being a shorter race, I think it would be good for the co-ords to send out at least 2 invites (1 to join the lobby, and 1 as backup) to all drivers just incase anybody dsc's during the qualy session tonight.

Casper24-F1

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 20, 2018
Just a suggestion @Casper24-F1 despite it being a shorter race, I think it would be good for the co-ords to send out at least 2 invites (1 to join the lobby, and 1 as backup) to all drivers just incase anybody dsc's during the qualy session tonight.
I always send two / three invites to each driver ahead of a race, don't worry mate!

Reactions: Wobbuffet

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I only mentioned it, because I remember certain league days when I would only get one.:LOL:

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Won’t be at the race Friday due to Christmas family stuff, have a great race and will see you for the next one.

• Informative
Reactions: Casper24-F1