PS4 Main - AOR PS4 F1 2019 Leagues - Main Evaluation Race Thread - Season 18 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Main AOR PS4 F1 2019 Leagues - Main Evaluation Race Thread - Season 18

ELIT3_gam3boy

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 24, 2016
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18
PS4 - Main Evaluation Race Thread

This is 3rd and final step of the sign-up process. This step needs to be done by all drivers. This thread is for drivers signing up to the Main Leagues.

Before registering for an evaluation race, make sure you have signed up to the league in the sign-up thread (step 1).

The evaluation races will be hosted on 6 days from Friday 26th July - Sunday 28th July and Friday 2nd August - Sunday 4th August. You only need to participate in one of the races.

Intro:
The pre-season evaluation races are being arranged for a few reasons:

● It will work as an additional means to help us judge the league placement for new drivers, by allowing us to see how you perform on race pace over a 50% distance race.
● It will give us a taste of your race craft and ability to race cleanly and stay out of trouble, and ensure that all drivers have some experience of organised online racing.
● It will show us that you are properly committed to taking part in the upcoming league season, and allow us to weed out potential inactive sign-ups before the season has started.

How to take part:
Below you can find links to a race thread for each of the evaluation race nights. Enter the thread of the race day that suits you the most, and sign up there by replying with your XB1 Gamertag. It is possible to set up multiple lobbies per evaluation race day if necessary.

If you for some reason are unable to attend all of these race nights, due to reasons out of your control, then leave a message in this thread to let us know. Drivers who fail to attend any of the races, without informing us with a good reason, will not be included in the league placements.

Evaluation Race #1 - Friday 26th July
Evaluation Race #2 - Saturday 27th July
Evaluation Race #3 - Sunday 28th July
Evaluation Race #4 - Friday 2nd August
Evaluation Race #5 - Saturday 3rd August
Evaluation Race #6 - Sunday 4th August

More information about the races can be found within the individual race threads.

Post-race reporting:

After you have finished your race, you will need to make a post in this thread with the following information:

Race Director Images:
On the results screen after the race, enter the "race director" and take screenshots (or make a recording) of your lap times in the race director screen, and upload your pictures here. This will help us get a better overview of your race pace.

Race Report:
Qualifying Position:
Qualifying Time:
Finishing Position:
Other notes: [Add anything of note that may have affected your lap times during the race, such as incidents, mistakes, penalties, lengthy battles, etc.]

Practical info regarding screenshots:

How to take a screenshot:
PS4: Press and hold down the 'SHARE' button until a notification pops up. Alternatively, press the 'SHARE' button and then press 'TRIANGLE' to save a screenshot.

How to add a screenshot to your post:
You can upload images directly to your post as an attachment by clicking the "ATTACH FILES" button underneath the text box, and then selecting the images from the folder on your computer. Alternatively, you can upload your image to an external image hosting site (such as imgur, dropbox, google drive etc) and add the URL using the "Insert image" button above the text box, and then using the "By URL" option.

Example Screenshots:

Last edited by a moderator:

iej76

F1 Test Driver
Oct 15, 2015
Is it just me or can anyone else not click on any of the dates

CPI_Leon_B

Junior Karter
Feb 25, 2019
I'm on holiday from the 23.07 - 06.08 so can't participate on one of those races. Is it 100% necassary to take part in 1 of those races to sign up for AOR Season 18? I'm able to send TT Times (Step 2) and probably could attend 99% of the races in the Season.

iej76

F1 Test Driver
Oct 15, 2015
I'm on holiday from the 23.07 - 06.08 so can't participate on one of those races. Is it 100% necassary to take part in 1 of those races to sign up for AOR Season 18? I'm able to send TT Times (Step 2) and probably could attend 99% of the races in the Season.
So 99 percent would mean you participating in 20 races fully and one race to 4/5ths distance. Since you aren’t supposed to quit part way through the race that might be difficult to achieve 99percent

CPI_Leon_B

Junior Karter
Feb 25, 2019
So 99 percent would mean you participating in 20 races fully and one race to 4/5ths distance. Since you aren’t supposed to quit part way through the race that might be difficult to achieve 99percent
okay, I will say now that I can attend all races so 100%. And why are you toxic?

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I have a suggestion for the co-ords @ELIT3_gam3boy & @Bankai_Bullett (which I've put forward before), I know that the eval races are to test out multiple things about each driver's ability, however I would like to see 1 of the eval races (or an extra eval race #7) with collisions set to 'off'.

I know 'ghost racing' goes against the racecraft side of things, but what can happen in these eval races is where drivers get caught up in other people's incidents through no fault of there own, or a laggy driver effecting drivers and the pace of those around them.

But with a collision off race, there would be nothing for any driver to worry about, no incidents between drivers, lag wouldn't be an issue and most importantly the co-ords would get a crystal clear picture of everyone's pace in a eval race like that, which would be a big major positive towards helping deciding league placement by the co-ords.

In this instance surely the co-ords have to admit the pro's massively outweigh the cons on this and it would give all drivers a 2nd chance should any driver have issues in there original eval race.

ELIT3_gam3boy

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 24, 2016
I have a suggestion for the co-ords @ELIT3_gam3boy & @Bankai_Bullett (which I've put forward before), I know that the eval races are to test out multiple things about each driver's ability, however I would like to see 1 of the eval races (or an extra eval race #7) with collisions set to 'off'.

I know 'ghost racing' goes against the racecraft side of things, but what can happen in these eval races is where drivers get caught up in other people's incidents through no fault of there own, or a laggy driver effecting drivers and the pace of those around them.

But with a collision off race, there would be nothing for any driver to worry about, no incidents between drivers, lag wouldn't be an issue and most importantly the co-ords would get a crystal clear picture of everyone's pace in a eval race like that, which would be a big major positive towards helping deciding league placement by the co-ords.

In this instance surely the co-ords have to admit the pro's massively outweigh the cons on this and it would give all drivers a 2nd chance should any driver have issues in there original eval race.
We take into consideration incidents when are looking at evaluation races, that's why we ask for a quick race report. While removing collisions would eliminate the need for this, it would also eliminate the need to actually race other cars as you could just go straight through them.

Casper24-F1

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 20, 2018
I want to Race at Friday (27.7.) on PS4 evaluations Race if is possible :)
Please leave your PSN in a reply to that particular thread if you want to sign up for that evaluation race

Reactions: Marko Krizman

Steen16

Pro Karter
Aug 18, 2018
I'm on holiday from 20 July until 10 August so I can't take part in any evoluation race

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
While removing collisions would eliminate the need for this, it would also eliminate the need to actually race other cars as you could just go straight through them.
Precisely;), or example if a fast driver has a bad start in the eval race and finds themself stuck behind slower drivers majority of the race then that won't give them or the co-ords a true representation of there pace.
Its the only reason why I'm for a collision off race just for even 1 extra eval race, so that the finishing order and pace of every driver involved in a race like that wouldn't be able to lie in this instance.

Sure Elit3 its goes against the fundamentals of standard online league racing, but the drivers potentially taking part in a race like that should already have confidence from the co-ords in there racecraft, besides I was only looking at this for those that have a badly interfered with evaluation race and I totally understand where your coming from with this, if the co-ords don't wish to pursue this kind of evaluation race even as a one off, of course I can accept that decision but I probably wouldn't agree with it.:LOL:

Mr_Nathan6

Semi-Pro Karter
May 2, 2019
I want to sign in at the 4th of August on sunday but i’m not able to click on the link? Or is this thread not Made yet?

syluntbob

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 22, 2016
Precisely;), or example if a fast driver has a bad start in the eval race and finds themself stuck behind slower drivers majority of the race then that won't give them or the co-ords a true representation of there pace.
Its the only reason why I'm for a collision off race just for even 1 extra eval race, so that the finishing order and pace of every driver involved in a race like that wouldn't be able to lie in this instance.

Sure Elit3 its goes against the fundamentals of standard online league racing, but the drivers potentially taking part in a race like that should already have confidence from the co-ords in there racecraft, besides I was only looking at this for those that have a badly interfered with evaluation race and I totally understand where your coming from with this, if the co-ords don't wish to pursue this kind of evaluation race even as a one off, of course I can accept that decision but I probably wouldn't agree with it.:LOL:
Also / or, if the co-ords started at the back of the grid they would see how fair / good the entrants raced. They only overtake under a blue flag conditions usually!

Reactions: Peter day