PS4 Assist - AOR PS4 F1 2020 Leagues - Assist Sign Up Thread - Season 20 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Assist AOR PS4 F1 2020 Leagues - Assist Sign Up Thread - Season 20

Curly

PS4 F1 League Runner & 5 Time AOR Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 27, 2017
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 20
PS4 - Assist Sign-Up Thread

This is the sign-up thread for Season 20 of the AOR F1 Assist Leagues, sponsored by Hype Energy Drinks.

CURRENT SIGN-UP STATUS:
The sign-ups for this season are now OPEN.

The initial sign-up deadline is set to 9th August @ 23:59 (UK time).
You have to complete the full sign-up process before this time to be included in the initial league placements. Sign-ups after this time will only be added to the leagues if there are still spaces available.

Introduction:
Welcome to Season 20 of the AOR F1 Leagues! After 19 successful seasons of F1 League Racing, across 10 different Codemasters F1 Games, we're back for number 20. As is now standard for the AOR F1 Leagues, with this being the first season of this game's lifecycle, this season will be a full season - marking the longest AOR F1 season in history at 22 races.

AOR is all about having an enjoyable experience on track by following proper racing rules, as opposed to the demolition derby that is public lobbies. We have built a reputation for providing clean, fair and competitive league racing, and we will do our best to ensure that this continues in the best possible way. But remember, in order to achieve this, we depend on you as a driver to respect the rules and drive in a professional and fair manner.

The Assist Leagues are intended for inexperienced drivers who require Traction Control or ABS in order to race.

If you do not drive with Traction Control or ABS, you should sign up to the Main leagues (the auto gearbox and racing line assists are also allowed there, unless you are fast enough to be placed in the very top leagues).

Notable Dates:
Sign-up opens: 26th July
Sign-up closes: 9th August
Time Trial opens: 26th July
Time Trial closes: 9th August
Evaluation race date(s): 1st August, 2nd August, 8th August, 9th August.
Driver placement announcement: 17th August
Car selection begins: 17th August
Season begins: 23rd August
Season ends: TBC

General League Information:
League structure: Each platform runs a set amount of leagues, depending on the amount of drivers signing up at the start of the season. The leagues are tiered, with the aim to have the faster drivers in the higher leagues and the slower drivers in the lower leagues. More detailed info on how the leagues are set up can be found in the info thread.
Assists: The assist leagues are intended for drivers who need Traction Control and/or ABS in order to race. Racing line and auto gears will also be allowed.
Driver placements: Drivers will be placed in an appropriate league based on their time trial times, their performances in the evaluation race, and their performance in the previous league season (for drivers who raced in Season 19). Drivers who missed a significant number of races in Season 19 may be placed as reserves.
Race format: Each race event features an 18-minute qualifying session followed by a 50% distance race.

Day/Time:
Race day: Sundays
Start time: 8:00pm (UK time)

Important Links:
League Information
League Rules
Race Calendar

It is vitally important that you read and understand the full content of the threads listed above. By signing up to our leagues, you agree to abide by all of our rules, and we expect all drivers to be aware of these before entering. Rules may change from season to season, so it is strongly advised to read the rules before each season.

Our racing rules are in place to help us enforce clean and fair racing in the leagues. As an AOR driver, it is required that you do your very best to race within these rules at all times. In short, this means no contact and no abuse of track limits. We also expect you to behave maturely and respectfully in the race lobby and on the forums, and follow the guidelines and requirements stated in the rules.

You should only sign up to the leagues if
● you intend to complete the full 22-race season.
● you are able to race regularly on the set race day (Sunday nights).
● you intend to be active on the forum.
● you are a clean, fair and mature racer.

In signing up, you confirm that you have read the content of the League Rules and League Information threads, and that you accept the rules and regulations specified.

Sign-Up Process:
You need to complete all of the relevant steps below in order to be granted a place in the leagues.
A couple of changes have been made to the sign-up steps mentioned below. Drivers will now have to fill out a Google form to sign up, upload their Time Trial screenshots and sign up for an evaluation race. All steps can be completed in the Google form.

Form Link:

STEP 1 - Sign Up (All Drivers):
Sign up by completing the linked form. If you get to a section which you are waiting to complete (e.g. Time Trial Screenshots) then please just leave it blank. You will be able to return to the form by clicking the same link again!

STEP 2 - Time Trial (All drivers):
To help us judge your current pace and assign you to an appropriate league, you will need to set time trial times at 3 specified tracks - China, Britain and Brazil (all dry) - using the Mercedes car (with TC/ABS disabled).

When done, upload the screenshots to an image hosting site and post the link in the relevant form page.

This step has been removed due to issues with the Time Trial mode. You can find a statement on this here.

STEP 2 - Evaluation Races (All drivers):

All drivers will have to take part in one evaluation race in order to be placed in the leagues.

The evaluation races will be arranged on various dates throughout the sign-up period, and all drivers are required to attend one of them (whichever date suits you best). This works as an additional measure for us to judge your pace, to ensure that you are properly committed to participate, and also to make sure new drivers have had an experience of organised online racing before jumping into the league.

Evaluation races will be arranged from 1st August - 9th August. You can find all the necessary information in this thread.

When done, post your race information in the evaluation race thread, following the template in the first post.

If you have any questions about the sign-up process or the leagues in general, feel free to send a message to a member of the F1 Coordinating Team or put a post in the Main Discussion Thread.

Driver List:
Drivers who have signed up to Season 20 are listed below.
  1. @masonjr54 - masonjr54 - Welsh - TC, ABS, AG, RL - 16ms
  2. @Bartram - Buzz18man - English - TC, ABS, RL - 16ms
  3. @amofede01 - amofede01 - Italian - TC, ABS, RL - 30ms
  4. @multirabc - multirabc - British - TC, ABS, AG, RL - 16ms
  5. @Millyboy24 - Millyboy24 - Dutch - TC, ABS, AG, RL - 15ms
  6. @Ermis_Grivas - Ermis_Grivas - Greek - TC, ABS, AG, RL - 61ms
  7. @Tv2468896 - Tv2468896 - British - TC, ABS, RL - 11ms
  8. @esteur - esteur - Italian - TC, ABS, AG, RL - 34ms
  9. @generalgobert - General-gobert07 - Belgian - TC, ABS, RL - 25ms
  10. @xEpicScorpion - xEpicScorpion - German - TC, RL - 35ms
  11. @The_RaceFan - Fozzybaer70 - German - TC, ABS, RL - 22ms
  12. @TheFearedPillow - thefearedpillow - Spanish - TC, ABS, AG, RL - 37ms
  13. @Fer_sarasolab - fer_sarasolab - Spanish - TC, ABS, AG, RL - 62ms
  14. @Dream237 - fingerPilote - Cameroonian - TC, RL - 16ms
  15. @Fateality - Fateality- - German - TC, ABS, AG, RL - 29ms
  16. @aaditrao - AaditRao - Indian - TC, ABS, AG, RL - 126ms
  17. @PMP_Stinna - PMP_Stinna - Dutch - ABS, RL - 27ms
  18. @colt_aubsy38 - colt_aubsy38 - French - TC, ABS, AG, RL - 30ms
  19. @Lewii-bwoi - Lewii-bwoi - British - TC, ABS, RL - 21ms
  20. @fctthebest - fct-thebest - Dutch - ABS, AG, RL - 21ms
  21. @RickyRocha - Rickyrocha_PT - Portuguese - TC, ABS, AG, RL - 9ms
  22. @Vitesse4 - vitesse2741 - French - TC, ABS, RL - [Awaiting Speedtest]
  23. @Sonnnybuzz - SonnnyBuzzz - French - TC, ABS, RL - 34ms
  24. @L4ndo_99_Norr1s - L4ndo_99_Norr1s - British - ABS, RL - 31ms
  25. @Voniz - Voniz - French - TC, ABS, AG, RL - 21ms
  26. @Slump - Slumpikaa - Hungarian - ABS, RL - 37ms
  27. @Bulley95 - Bulley1995 - British - TC, ABS, RL - 27ms
  28. @Adrien G - Tophe1109 - French - TC, ABS, RL - 23ms
  29. @BALA_BEKES - F1HL_BALA_BEKES - Hungarian - TC, ABS, RL - [Awaiting Speedtest]
  30. @_Uniko - Unikoalmondo - Italian - TC, ABS, AG, RL - 32ms
  31. @Floo - Floo__Eu - German - TC, ABS, AG, RL - 34ms
  32. @ben_wallas - ben_wallas - French - TC, ABS, AG, RL - 16ms
  33. @Danielkelsch45 - Michaelkelsch - German - TC, ABS, AG - 25ms
  34. @tomasgomez14 - tomasgomez15 - American - TC, ABS, AG, RL - 110ms
  35. @Joe2397 - joer2397 - Luxembourgish - TC, ABS, AG, RL - 18ms
  36. @irregj - irregj - Swedish - TC, ABS, RL - 28ms
  37. @V19_YTB - XRT_V19 - French - TC, ABS, AG, RL - 45ms
  38. @crossmankj - Katiekat01 - British - TC, RL - 18ms
  39. @Kseudeuf - Kseudeuf - French - TC, ABS - [Awaiting Speedtest]
  40. @LordBaximus - LordBaximus - English - TC, ABS, AG, RL - 11ms
  41. @harryyy - Hazzard1878 - English - TC, ABS, RL - 21ms
  42. @Edwilliams93 - Edwilliams93 - English - TC, ABS, AG, RL - 9ms
  43. @walter0131 - walter0131 - Swedish - TC, ABS - [Awaiting Speedtest]
  44. @VIL_NUF1 - VIL_NUF1 - British - TC, ABS, AG, RL - 13ms
  45. @Johjos01 - racer0102 - Swedish - TC, AG, RL - 49ms
  46. @londonguga - londonguga - Brazilian - ABS, RL - 2ms
  47. @FrenziedLime - FrenziedLime - English - TC, ABS, AG, RL - 150ms
  48. @Heavy T - HeavyT_14 - English - TC, ABS, AG, RL - 19ms
  49. @NGR_EnvoyXtreme - NGR_EnvoyXtreme - English - TC, ABS, AG, RL - 14ms
  50. @Grecal - alessio65432- Italian - TC, ABS, AG, RL - 39ms
  51. @Matsuri20 - ELIOBSN1985 - French - TC, ABS, RL - 21ms
  52. @hutchie311 - hutchie311 - British - TC, RL - 19ms

Last edited by a moderator:

Tremenator

PS4 F1 Assist League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 24, 2018
@Vitesse4 please provide a valid URL to your speedtest. The one you have provided doesn't work. The test must be performed against a UK server.

@Slump @BALA_BEKES @Kseudeuf your speedtests are invalid. They must be performed against a UK server. Can you please re-do them and edit your sign up form to attach the new result.

Reactions: Slump

Tremenator

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 24, 2018

This statement applies for the European based F1 Leagues. For the other timezones, your coordinators will confirm their intentions

Furthermore, most of this statement does not apply for any PC leagues as this bug is not present on PC. The season delay will still apply, however PC will continue with the usual TTs + 1 Evaluation Race.

Hi all,

I would first like to preface this statement by saying that this is not the situation that any of us wanted. We apologise if many of you have spent time on your time trial laps which you may now see as wasted - however there is no way for us to avoid that. In this situation, any decision we take would result in lost time trials.

Now, I'll move into the statement. As many of you may have seen, there is currently quite an extreme glitch with the time trial mode - in which drivers can illegally gain time by using the replay camera. This has meant that time trial times, at the moment, are very unreliable. This creates a problem for us as time trials are usually a key part of our placements.

With this, we have to decide what to do next. It is clear that time trials on their own are too unreliable - so what can we do? The first thing which came up is that we could ask you all to record your laps, and not accept any laps that aren't recorded. This makes sense in theory but ultimately, in practice, would not work - mainly because we don't have the resources to watch through hundreds of laps.

So, what will we do? Unfortunately, just the one evaluation race would not be enough to accurately place the drivers - so we need something. What we have chosen to do is push the season start back by 2 weeks, and ask all drivers to complete another evaluation race at a different track. Therefore, we will run a 2nd set of evaluation races over the 2 weekends after the Bahrain evaluation races (15th/16th and 22nd/23rd).

That means we will now have evaluation races this weekend and next weekend at Bahrain - and we will have a second set of evaluation races the following 2 weeks. This second race will be ran at Brazil.

If you return to the sign up form now, you will see an additional option as to which date you want to sign up for the second evaluation race. This second race is mandatory for all drivers, as the time trials would've been.

Again - we apologise if anyone finds this an inconvenience. Ultimately, this is an inconvenience for all of us - we can only try and make the best of a bad situation.

Tremenator

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 24, 2018
@PMP_Stinna @fctthebest @Dream237 @The_RaceFan @Lewii-bwoi @generalgobert @amofede01 @Sonnnybuzz @Bartram @Tv2468896 @amd1711 @Vitesse4 @Adrien G @TheFearedPillow @fer_sarasola @Fateality @Voniz @esteur @aaditrao @colt_aubsy38 @_Uniko @ben_wallas @multirabc @Millyboy24

Please see the above announcement regarding an urgent but necessary change to the sign up process. Can you guys go back into your sign up forms and choose a date when you will be available to participate in the second evaluation race please.

_Uniko

Pro Karter
Apr 26, 2020
Hello, for the moment i can’t Go back in my form but i’ll be there for 16.08 GP.

I can fill in a new form if I still can't change it and if you needed to.

Edit : Form edited

Last edited:

Matsuri20

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 1, 2020
Hi, if I want to use medium traction control I put traction control in the assist I want to use?

fer_sarasola

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 28, 2020
@PMP_Stinna @fctthebest @Dream237 @The_RaceFan @Lewii-bwoi @generalgobert @amofede01 @Sonnnybuzz @Bartram @Tv2468896 @amd1711 @Vitesse4 @Adrien G @TheFearedPillow @fer_sarasola @Fateality @Voniz @esteur @aaditrao @colt_aubsy38 @_Uniko @ben_wallas @multirabc @Millyboy24

Please see the above announcement regarding an urgent but necessary change to the sign up process. Can you guys go back into your sign up forms and choose a date when you will be available to participate in the second evaluation race please.
Well I am leaving tomorrow for the hole month but I can promise you I have not cheated in my time trials as i see no point in doing a better lap time and then not being able to race against the other people. So I can’t do the 2nd evaluación race. Sorry.

Reactions: Tremenator

Tremenator

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 24, 2018
Hi, if I want to use medium traction control I put traction control in the assist I want to use?
If you're planning to use any form of Traction Control (Full or Medium) then check the box for Traction Control.

londonguga

Junior Karter
Aug 5, 2020
Hi, thank you for approving my subscription. I've just signed up for the league race, I hope I am not too late for the party.
Thanks

Tremenator

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 24, 2018
@Slump your speedtest is still invalid. It needs to be performed against a UK based server. Can you please do it again?
@walter0131 the link you have not provided a valid URL for your speedtest result (just a link to the website), can you amend your sign up form to include your speedtest result please?
@Heavy T can you provide a more up to date speedtest as the one you have provided was done back in February.

@xPrOBuLLDoSeR your ping is too high to race in the European leagues I'm afraid.
@FrenziedLime your ping is also borderline for the European leagues. Where abouts are you based in the world as you may be more suited to the Americas league?

Tremenator

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 24, 2018
@Matsuri20 your speedtest is invalid. It needs to be performed against a UK based server and it must be the broadband connection you intend to race with not your mobile network.

Matsuri20

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 1, 2020
Sorry for the error, I've done it again with an UK based server but I didn't understood the broadband connection thing. The first test was with cable internet, no wifi or mobile network. (As I'm french, excuse me if I make any english mistake lol)

HuDzJ01

Pro Karter
Aug 11, 2020
Signed up can someone check to see if it’s ok (sorry first time signing up for an AOR league)

NXGN_EnvoyXtreme

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 20, 2018
Signed up can someone check to see if it’s ok (sorry first time signing up for an AOR league)
@HuDzJ01

Hey there,

Your speedtest is invalid. Can you please redo your speedtest to a London Server.

Thanks.

Last edited: