PS4 - AOR PS4 F2 Awards Season 16 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 F2 Awards Season 16

Are you going to sign-up for AOR Season 17?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Casper24-F1

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 20, 2018
Season 16 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues has finished after 21 weeks of great, competitive racing. This means that it's finally time for Awards! Who is the cleanest driver? And who is the most underrated driver? Feel free to share your thoughts about Season 16 in this thread, using the template below. You don't have to do this, it's only for fun, but I'm sure @Tactician109 and myself would love to read your thoughts for one final time :)

Best Qualifier

Best Racer

Most Consistent Driver

Best Performance By A Driver

Best Overtaker

Cleanest Driver

Unluckiest Driver

Most Underrated Driver

Most Improved Driver

Best Race Of The Season

Biggest Surprise

@Sean FAP Belkom @Casper24-F1 @xTheHEaglex @leefindlay04 @Tactician109 @doordos_1150 @Thomas_Scibilia @S2V_RubenVG @Ashbest122 @Vettel_Racer_5 @Kiiski123 @Cherry2pie @Blizard53 @ximNicoF1 @Junddu @VP_DamnDqniel @JIM_pasti @Simone Iamotti @Joglar @JOF1-Yoan

Also, please have a look at the poll I created :)

Reactions: Tactician109

leefindlay04

Formula 3 Test Driver
Mar 26, 2018
Best Qualifier
  1. @Thomas_Scibilia
  2. @Sean FAP Belkom
  3. @Cherry2pie
Best Racer
  1. @Sean FAP Belkom
  2. @Casper24-F1
  3. @xTheHEaglex
Most Consistent Driver
  1. @Casper24-F1
  2. @xTheHEaglex
  3. @doordos_1150
  1. @Casper24-F1 Italy P18-P2
  2. @Casper24-F1 Austria
  3. @Blizard53 Abu Dhabi
Best Overtaker
  1. @Casper24-F1
  2. @Sean FAP Belkom
  3. Jim Pasti ;)
Cleanest Driver
  1. @Casper24-F1
  2. @Vettel_Racer_5
  3. @xTheHEaglex
  4. @Tactician109
Unluckiest Driver
  1. @Cherry2pie
  2. @Thomas_Scibilia
  3. @S2V_RubenVG
Most Underrated Driver
  1. @Junddu
  2. @Kiiski123
  3. @S2V_RubenVG
Most Improved Driver
  1. @Casper24-F1
  2. @Junddu
  3. @S2V_RubenVG
Best Race Of The Season
  1. Austria
  2. Bahrain
  3. China
Biggest Surprise
  1. @Ashbest122 falling down the order after leading the championship after 2 races
  2. @Casper24-F1 going from a solid points scorer to consistent podiums
  3. How quickly the season went!
Biggest disappointment of the season?
  1. Jim Pasti
  2. Hamilton deliberately crashing a driver out in Monaco
  3. The season being over :(

Casper24-F1

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 20, 2018
Best Qualifier
  1. @Sean FAP Belkom
  2. @Thomas_Scibilia
  3. @Cherry2pie
Best Racer
  1. @Sean FAP Belkom
  2. @xTheHEaglex
  3. @Tactician109
Most Consistent Driver
  1. @Sean FAP Belkom
  2. @leefindlay04
  3. @xTheHEaglex
  1. @xTheHEaglex (Mexico, P17 to P1)
  2. @leefindlay04 (USA, P18 to P3)
  3. @Sean FAP Belkom (Belgium, P1 to P1)
Best Overtaker
  1. @Sean FAP Belkom
  2. @leefindlay04
Cleanest Driver
  1. @Vettel_Racer_5
  2. @xTheHEaglex
  3. @Tactician109
Unluckiest Driver
  1. @Cherry2pie
  2. @McGrady-I
  3. @Thomas_Scibilia
Most Underrated Driver
  1. @Cherry2pie
  2. @Kiiski123
  3. @Junddu
Most Improved Driver
  1. @leefindlay04
  2. @Cherry2pie
  3. @Junddu
Best Race Of The Season
  1. Italy
  2. Mexico
  3. Austria
  4. Bahrain

Biggest Surprise
  1. We haven’t had a full wet race all season
  2. The attendance, we usually had around 17 drivers every race, which is good
How quickly the season went!

I want to thank every driver who has raced here this season, it was an amazing experience!
Also, shoutout to @Andy81287 and @OTG for their great commentary throughout the season, keep it up lads!

Tactician109

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 30, 2018
Best Qualifier
  1. @Sean FAP Belkom - Simply the fastest this season, no doubt about that
  2. @Thomas_Scibilia - When he was participating in the league races, he was nearly always in top 5 of qualifying
  3. @Cherry2pie - Consistently fast in qualifying with a few pole positions as a bonus

Best Racer
  1. @Sean FAP Belkom - Again, Sean's pace was almost unparalleled
  2. @Casper24-F1 - Just as fast as Sean especially in the latter parts of the season
  3. @xTheHEaglex - Always consistent and steady race pace

Most Consistent Driver
  1. @Casper24-F1 - 20/21 points finishes with no DNF's, enough said
  2. @Sean FAP Belkom - Always up there to fight for race wins
  3. @leefindlay04 - Considering Lee did almost the entire season on the pad, his consistency is commendable

1. @Casper24-F1 (Italy) - All around fantastic recovery drive
  2. @xTheHEaglex (Mexico) - Another great recovery drive, especially after a break
  3. @leefindlay04 (USA) - Because P3 in USA with a pad is incredible

Best Overtaker
  1. @Sean FAP Belkom - Even though Sean may have been overly aggressive at times, it was almost impossible to defend against him
  2. @Casper24-F1 - Clever moves every time without making mistakes
  3. @leefindlay04 - Same as Sean, but I respect the confidence to go for it with the pad

Cleanest Driver
  1. @Casper24-F1 - Never a moment where I feared for the health of my car when battling with Casper
  2. @xTheHEaglex - Impeccable racecraft, always aware of his surroundings
  3. @doordos_1150 - All the battles we had were clean and fair

Unluckiest Driver
  1. @Thomas_Scibilia - Maybe not the unluckiest on track, but having an arm injury when he was still fighting for the title is really unlucky
  2. @McGrady-I - I feel like he got the short end of the stick on most occasions, unlucky season
  3. @Cherry2pie - Cherry's point total doesn't represent his pace, although some of it was probably self-inflicted

Most Underrated Driver
  1. @S2V_RubenVG - I feel like he had very good pace at times but failed to show it at times
  2. @Kiiski123 - Kiiski was very consistent in the races he participated and I feel like he could be one to watch for the future
  3. @ximNicoF1 - Again, I do think that Nico had good pace but inconsistency plagued his performances

Most Improved Driver
  1. @Casper24-F1 - Without a shadow of a doubt, Casper developed a lot during the season
  2. @Cherry2pie - Cherry improved both his racecraft and pace throughout the season
  3. @Blizard53 - As shown in Abu Dhabi, Blizzard certainly found his footing and started challenging for podiums

Best Race Of The Season
  1. Bahrain - Biased reasons, since that was the only race I challenged for the win and the battle for the lead was very entertaining for me
  2. Austria - Highly entertaining race with loads of action and one of my best races of the season
  3. Germany - Good result for the wrong reasons but it was quite a fight regardless

Biggest Surprise
  1. The guys from F3 last season - @leefindlay04 and @Casper24-F1 were both much quicker than I had anticipated
  2. Good attendance numbers - very pleasing to see most people finish their season and also reserve drivers were doing their jobs well
  3. #pointsforpasti

I'd like to thank everyone who made F2 S16 what it was. Despite some problems with the game and some controversy here and there, I feel like we had a successful season overall. I'm glad to have seen it through as my first season in the coordinator role, big thanks to everyone for making it easy for me.

Special thanks go to @Andy81287 and @OTG for maintaining the stream with high quality commentary every single race - it was truly a pleasure. Also massive thanks to @Casper24-F1 who was an immense help with coordinating the league with me in the second part of the season.

doordos_1150

Kubica Wannabe
Dec 17, 2017
Best Qualifier
1.sean
2.cherry
3.myself

Best Racer
1.casper
2.tactician
3.heagle

Most Consistent Driver
1.sean
2.casper
3.heagle

Best Overtaker
1.tactician
2.casper
3.ruben

Cleanest Driver
1.tactician
2.casper

Unluckiest Driver
1.mcgrady
2.daniel
3.cherry

Most Underrated Driver
1.ruben
2.mcgrady
3.daniel

Most Improved Driver
1.ruben
2.casper
3.kiiski

Best Race Of The Season
1.bahrain
2.germany
3.austria

Biggest Surprise
1.casper's rate of improvement
2.not my shitness
3.not sean's racecraft

Reactions: Andy81287

Andy81287

Formula 3 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Oct 2, 2014
Best Qualifier
  1. @Thomas_Scibilia -although only at ten races an average of 4.8 is still impressive
  2. @Sean FAP Belkom - driver with most poles in the season with four was almost always near the business end of things in quali
  3. @doordos_1150 - had much better luck in qualifying that in races and ran Sean close and actually had a better average than the champ, only in third as missed last couple races

Best Racer
  1. @Casper24-F1 - to watch the improvement through the season was something else, consistent, finished in points all but one race and became a regular podium visitor in the second half of the season, also able to make some very clean and impressive overtakes as well.
  2. @Sean FAP Belkom - averaged 15.2 points across 20 races is an amazing record, was in the hunt right from the start with Bahrain kicking his season into gear, few on track moments blemished the record a bit but an extremely fast and tough racer who could be a top driver in F1 if polishing off the edges just a bit.
  3. @leefindlay04 - another who has improved as the season went on, extremely fast and could have been right up there if not for a poor start of the season and a few mistakes and issues

Most Consistent Driver
  1. @Sean FAP Belkom - to choose anyone other that the champ when he finished top six in all but three races he competed in is amazing consistency
  2. @Casper24-F1 - Similar record to Sean with one one non points finish in races contested, went from scoring points in the mid points places to not being out of the top four for the final six races
  3. @xTheHEaglex - said it on twitter himself that he was disappointed with the season as a whole, mainly in qualifying with an average starting position of eighth. But made up for it in the races with the biggest gain from grid slot of 2.9 places on average including an incredible win at Mexico from 17th on the grid.

1. @xTheHEaglex - Mexico as mentioned above from 17th on the grid to the top of the podium by keeping it clean, consistent and fast, benefited on penalties but clean driving and quick pace meant he was closing the gap lap on lap by the end
  2. @Casper24-F1 - Italy, another back of the grid performance from P18 to P2, one that got Ollie very excited. But the race was not just pace, some brilliant overtakes as well, scything through the field on an alternative strategy made for great viewing.
  3. @Blizard53 - Abu Dhabi, took till the final race for Blizard to fully show us the pace we expected from him, making a great pole into a brilliant race win on a two stop strategy, picking his way through the field quickly and effectively.

Best Overtaker
  1. @Casper24-F1 - It was a coin toss for me between Casper and Eagle but the young Dutchman showed great spacial awareness and racing knowledge to pick his moments correctly and to great effect
  2. @xTheHEaglex - as above close call for me between the two as Eagle made up the most places on starting position but if qualifying was better wouldn't have required this as much but like Casper when making a move done so in clean manner that limited the time lost making the move.
  3. @leefindlay04 and @Sean FAP Belkom - the Scotsman had a keen eye for a move, very brave but clean under braking for the most part and I still remember Ollie waxing lyrical about his double overtake at Hungary that I missed on stream. As for Sean he could make a move happen out of nowhere but this was sometimes seen as over aggressive and as mentioned earlier a slight polish of this would take him a step closer to being more complete but when that Ferrari was behind you knew a move was coming soon.

Cleanest Driver
  1. @Casper24-F1 - said it above, not repeating it :p
  2. @xTheHEaglex - same as Casper
  3. @Tactician109 - the pad runner (for most the season) was rarely seen involved in any incidents during the season, the battle between him, Sean and Dawidos at Bahrain still sticks out to me for how good the racing was and the Red Bull runner on the pad kept up and was overtaking the Ferrari's despite the pad disadvantage.

Unluckiest Driver
  1. @Thomas_Scibilia - to have to drop out while in the title fight with injury and also work I believe was so unfortunate, after the Christmas period we didn't see the Frenchman again, a case of what could have been.
  2. @ximNicoF1 - very fast and when on the ball consistent as anything, see Belgium and Brazil as great examples. But was involved in a few incidents that were not his doing along with a couple of his own which on another day would have been no issue
  3. @McGrady-I - I distinctly remember Spain when he spun after contact that wasn't his fault, retired and the safety car came out right after. Seemed to be on the end of others issues as well, one of the reasons he stopped before seasons end as he lost enjoyment of the game.

Most Underrated Driver
  1. @S2V_RubenVG - the win at Germany showed just how quick the Spaniard could be. Other races seen him come through the field or up towards the front but for some mistakes and being in wrong place wrong time cost him much better results
  2. @VP_DamnDqniel - always someone you didn't see much of but the German had decent pace in a lot of races and with a bit more practice and luck could be a regular points scorer
  3. @Cherry2pie - had a season pass to the stewards room at one point and some incidents own doing but there were others that were not and I feel there is a quick driver just bubbling under the surface, like a soup that is missing one ingredient to make it great, that for me is Cherry.

Most Improved Driver
1. @Casper24-F1 - with all i have said above could it be anyone else?
[email protected] - improved more and more as the season progressed and with a possibly full time transition to a wheel could be even more improvement next season, if not in F1 should be one of the title challengers in F2
3. @Blizard53 @Kiiski123 and @Junddu - can't split them. Blizard I have spoke about above and on stream before knowing him from other leagues, should be in the title fight for S17. Kiiski has shown some amazing pace, Singapore and abu dhabi great examples of this, just needs a bit more consistency but P9 in the standing and ahead of drivers that done a full season shows the potential. Junddu at the start of the season I thought was going to be one of those drivers that never really makes the points but as season has progressed he had a great run on points (ruined by a DSQ) before missing the tail end of the year. Hope to see more improvement from him next year

Best Race Of The Season
  1. Bahrain - Sean, Tactician and Dawidos fighting for half the race was stunning
  2. Mexico - from my position in the comms box and going solo that night there was never a single quite moment with constant overtaking and great racing through the field.
  3. Germany/Abu Dhabi - Germany seen a few top drivers out of place that allowed others to shine, multiple strategies through the field as well made it hard to tell who would finish were apart from Ruben who had what was easily his best race and not just because he won. Abu Dhabi was great as well with again multiple strategies making it interesting and always action again through the field.

Biggest Surprise
  1. The fall from grace of @Ashbest122, after the way he won Round one we started thinking he would be the one to beat but quickly dropped away before missing a chunk of the middle of the season, apart from winning Melbourne a P4 in Bahrain and P5 Brazil were the best he managed with many races out of the points.
  2. The attendance all season was amazing from all full time and reserve drivers. We were lucky to have an abundance of reserves who were ready and on hand to jump in when needed and that contributed to the brilliant action all season
  3. More shock but put here in third because of what it was but the Monaco incident that seen the former CSR Hamilton black listed and kicked from the league, I never expected to see something so blatant in the league at any point and it took me aback watching it unfold as I tried to keep a lid on things knowing we were live.

Another surprise but an enjoyable one was how close everyone was, anyone could win on their day but those at the top (Sean, Casper, Eagle and Lee especially) were able to find the extra needed to put them clear of the rest. Hopefully we see more of the same next season should myself and Ollie be back in this tier. Best of luck to those drivers moving on next season to F1 or any who might have to drop down and can't wait till S17 gets underway, although I am looking forward to a break!

Cherry2pie

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 16, 2016
Sorry if you don’t feature, your basically forgotten.

Best Qualifier
  1. Spider
  2. Sean
  3. Me

Best Racer
  1. Casper
  2. Heagle
  3. Nico

Most Consistent Driver
  1. Casper
  2. Heagle
  3. Sean

1. Casper Italy
  2. Hamilton Monaco
  3. Myself Singapore (kiski blow up)

Best Overtaker
  1. Nico
  2. Spider
  3. Vettel racer
Lee and Sean too aggressive ya bois.

Cleanest Driver
  1. Casper
  2. DamnDaniel
  3. Heagle

Unluckiest Driver
  1. Me
  2. Myself
  3. And
  4. I

Most Underrated Driver
  1. DamnDaniel
  2. Ruben
  3. Kiski

Most Improved Driver
  1. Casper
  2. Casper
  3. Casper

Best Race Of The Season
  1. USA
  2. Mexico
  3. Basically ones I had alright races in

Biggest Surprise
  1. Blizard pace (Welcome to F1)
  2. Lee may as well had not got a pen all season
3 Lees ability to chat utter bs for an hour about his race.

Thanks all for a good season. Don’t take these too seriously.

P.s Sean I Hope Floris blows you up.

Reactions: Andy81287

xTheHEaglex

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 22, 2018
Best Qualifier
  1. @Thomas_Scibilia
  2. @doordos_1150
  3. @Sean FAP Belkom

Best Racer
  1. @Casper24-F1
  2. @Sean FAP Belkom
  3. @leefindlay04

Most Consistent Driver
  1. @Sean FAP Belkom
  2. @Casper24-F1
  3. @leefindlay04

1. @leefindlay04 USA
  2. @Casper24-F1 Italy
  3. @Blizard53 Abu Dhabi

Best Overtaker
1. @Casper24-F1

Cleanest Driver
  1. @Casper24-F1
  2. @doordos_1150

Unluckiest Driver
  1. @VP_DamnDqniel
  2. @Cherry2pie
  3. @doordos_1150

Most Underrated Driver
  1. @VP_DamnDqniel
  2. @S2V_RubenVG
  3. @Cherry2pie

Most Improved Driver
  1. @Casper24-F1
  2. @leefindlay04
  3. @Kiiski123

Best Race Of The Season
  1. Mexico
  2. Baku
  3. Hungary

Thank you @Andy81287 and @OTG for your great commentating over the whole season, rewatching the streams brought many smiles to my face, really enjoyed it! :)

Yoan Simracing

Pro Karter
Dec 2, 2018
Hi everyone, i can't really do my classements because I arrived in Austin so I don't really know all the drivers yet. But I know that all the F2 drivers are really good ! ;)