F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
AOR PS4 F2 League - Season 14
Driver Introduction Thread

Hey and welcome to the AOR F1 Leagues!

Use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow competitors for the coming season!

Some general questions you can answer to get the ball rolling:

1. Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc)

2. What's your previous league racing experience?

3. What are you expecting & hoping to achieve in the season ahead?

Feel free to add anything else you feel like sharing as well.

We wish you all the best of luck for the season ahead and hope you will get to have some clean and enjoyable racing on track!

Cherry2pie

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 16, 2016
1. Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racingequipment, etc)
I’m Cameron, age 16, English and I use a pad, was gunna use my wheel if placed in F3 or below but it seems the real challenge now will be adapting to using no racing line! I feel like you guys may all know me for different reasons :)

2. What's your previous league racing experience? I started league racing on F1 2015, started on a not very compative league, very different levels but on 2016 wanted the challenge of AOR so I joined for the finale of S12 GP2 did pretty well and since then I’ve always joined back.

3. What are you expecting & hoping to achieve in the season ahead? If I’m honest this season is gonna be a learning curve for me with adjusting to no racing line, hopefully I get better as the season goes on but I will still look to be competitive at every race weekend. Hopefully codemasters fix Sc :)

Klayyyyyy

F1 Champion
Dec 20, 2016
1. Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc)
I'm Ben, 17 from England. I use the GOAT wheel Thrustmaster T80 but hopefully I will get the T300 by Christmas. I've raced go karts in real life at a relatively high level but ran out of money for that and now I cant even afford a decent wheel for a video game :lol:
Last season I started in F3 but was moved to F2 after 3 races, as many of you were here with me you know what happened but basically I had a late season surge, had some luck/clutch laps I couldn't replicate in 50 attempts if I tried and eventually managed to finish 3rd overall with 2 wins.
Win or get promoted to F1 first, same as last year in F3. With Ollie in F1 and Dan, uhh, somewhere else(?) I feel that I can challenge for the title given only 1 driver was moved down from F1. It all depends on how much time I can find on the T300, I feel that I am only a few tenths away as it is so I'm optimistic about my chances :D

TheogGR1

F1 2nd Driver
Aug 12, 2015
I am Theo, 17 from Sweden. I race on a pad.

This will be my 5th season in AOR! My 3rd on PS4! Last season in F2 was a bit of a disappointment, I missed the last 5 races and overall attendance for the league was poor, we were averaging more than one safety carr per race as well which was annoying. Athough this game has issues at least the contact model is better so I am sure that there wont be as many collisions this season.

I am not sure to be honest. Mainly because some weeks I will have time to practice and other weeks I wont, depending on how much I have to study. I would be happy with top 5 finishes but most importantly I would like to make sure that I race cleanly and have good battles with other drivers (y)

Iceman46

3-time AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Jan 16, 2014
1. Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc) Hello people, I'm Ollie and these days I am 28 (Jesus), I work basically as a guy making the computer models for parts at a company that makes things for the Navy (Can't say anymore!). My wheel is a G29 after my old G27 died a year or so ago.

2. What's your previous league racing experience? I've been around these parts for a while, I think I started midway through season 6, then I did 7 and 8 in the top league on 2013 before coming back for 9.5 and 10 when 2013 made a comeback for a bit. I never even got 2014 or 2015, last year I tried to come back but on the PC side when my old wheel finally gave up although I didn't much enjoy the game either. Now I actually got a PS4 and 2017 seems better so let's give that a go.

Honestly I'm quite happy to be in F2, my experience of the top league over the years is it is very serious at times and I don't have the time or effort to be dealing with that so I'm just looking for some decent racing. After you race online at a decent level racing the AI just isn't the same, I'm not going to be practicing too much or exhausting all the setup options but I hope to be somewhere near the front at least.

ELIT3_gam3boy

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 24, 2016
Hi, I'm Rashad, a 19 year old (turn 20 during our Austrian GP) American college student racing on a pad

Spent the second half of season 12 in the reserve league, raced season 13 in F3. Took a first stab at league racing back on F1 2011 but was absolute crap.

Get a pole, win a race, beat @Curly somewhere that isn't Monaco, and hopefully be in the championship fight towards the end.

Jeyk

Formula Karter
Jun 24, 2017
Hey guys, I'm Jan, 23 from Germany. Right now I use the G29 but I hope I can upgrade my equipment throughout the season cause I had various issues lately (sometimes when I'm at full throttle only 95% throttle is active and other times brake is activated about 5% although I do not brake :banghead: if I reconnect the wheel everything is fine for a certain amount of time but then starts pissing me off again, apart from that the pedals have no grip lately sliding all over my room although I fucked every piece of dust under that rubber grip nipples :rage:, maybe some of you that also use the G29 have some advice for me would be great (y)). Apart from that I love karting, football and sport in general :love:!

I started with league racing just July of this year making 4 of the last 5 races in Season 13 F2. With 3 poles qualifying was pretty good for me, whereas in the race I have to find some more consistency. It should help that the Safety car is disabled for this season :rolleyes::p

I know that I can put it together in one lap, but I need to learn from the races I had and hopefully I can show what I can do in the races also throughout the season :angelic:. I do not aim for a specific placement but I hope that I can reduce my mistakes, achieve some decent results and also have fun and fair battles. It will also depend on how much practice I can put in, which won't be too much on some of the races due to studying at university.. Good luck everyone!:sneaky:

Klayyyyyy

F1 Champion
Dec 20, 2016
How is that even possible to be relatively fast on a no ffb wheel? Without ffb im like 4 seconds off the pace
I think it changes from person to person, there's a video from BColt where he lost FFB and still set a high 28 at Bahrain :p I'm not sure the FFB is even my biggest problem with the T80, it's the 270 degree rotation, so the in game wheel doesn't match my inputs which probably confuses my brain a bit

Cherry2pie

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 16, 2016
I think it changes from person to person, there's a video from BColt where he lost FFB and still set a high 28 at Bahrain :p I'm not sure the FFB is even my biggest problem with the T80, it's the 270 degree rotation, so the in game wheel doesn't match my inputs which probably confuses my brain a bit
That must be so annoying, I own a G29 but just can’t get up to pace on it. I find traction is a lot harder on a wheel than pad.

Curly

PS4 F1 League Runner & S14 F2 + S13 F3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 27, 2017
Hey, I'm Alex, 21 and I'm from the UK. I've been playing racing games for a few years. I use a pad.
I've been league racing for a year at this point. I started on F1 2016 in some smaller assist leagues. Joined AOR for season and won the F3 title.
It's going to be a hard season. The grid is very close on pace and there are many people here that would've walked in F1 in past seasons. Hoping to get on the podium regularly and to be a part of the title fight. Especially looking forward to the high speed tracks. It's a close grid so I'd expect multiple drivers involved in the title fight and for it to go very late in the season.
As it's my first season as a coordinator, I'm hoping for some clean racing from all of you and not too many stewards inquiries.

Reactions: Klayyyyyy

99Pipmatt

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 2, 2017
Alright lads, I'm Matt, 18 from the UK and I've been racing with the good old glorious pad.
Last season was my first in AOR in F2 finishing around 10th place if your not counting the half of the grid that got promoted into F1 :D. All I saw it was a learning curve with no real high expectations and just getting to grips without my beloved racing line. Now I feel a little bit more prepared for the season ahead (as now I have a relative understanding of where to brake ;)) and hoping to give it my best shot and see where it takes me.
Competition as like last season will be insane so just hoping to keep my nose clean. I feel like the pace is there if everything goes smoothly, its just a shame that's never the case in league racing. Should be interesting though nonetheless (y)

Reactions: Curly and Klayyyyyy

MatGranc

Formula Karter
Aug 24, 2016
Hiyya, my name is Matthew, I'm 16 years old and I'm Maltese. Malta is just a tiny island in Europe for anyone wondering... probably only a few of you have ever heard of it :p We have our own language and my nickname MatGranc is simply a mix of my name and my nickname "Granc" which means crab in Maltese. Unfortunately having our own language is useless since nobody speaks it but hey yo... at least we use it for everyday speech. I also speak some Italian.

With regards to racing equipment I use a Thrustmaster T300 with stock pedals, the F1 Wheel Add-On and a Playseat.

None, woops :p But don't worry I am a big F1 enthusiast and karting was (yes... was... unfortunately :( ) one of my biggest hobbies so I'm not just going to run everyone off the road cause I don't know what I'm doing don't worry ahaha. Have taken part in about 4 or so social races so at least I have a taste of league racing I guess....

Had I not been going to school and having all the time in the world I would aim for a top 3 in the championship because I know I'm capable but since I won't have so much time to practice I'm aiming to get a few podiums and maybe win one or two races.

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014
2. What's your previous league racing experience? I've been around these parts for a while, I think I started midway through season 6, then I did 7 and 8 in the top league on 2013 before coming back for 9.5 and 10 when 2013 made a comeback for a bit.
Thought this might be you. Welcome back! I remember being a big rival of yours back on S8. You're obviously still a bit faster than me, but best of luck!

Iceman46

3-time AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Jan 16, 2014
Thought this might be you. Welcome back! I remember being a big rival of yours back on S8. You're obviously still a bit faster than me, but best of luck!
Thanks buddy, good luck to you too. I'm probably going to need it these days, I don't get on so well with these new cars or something!

Simo911

Pro Karter
Aug 30, 2017
Simo, 27, Finland, PS4 Pro, T300+Ferrari F1 Add-on+T3PA

Games I have driven in leagues by year:

2006: PS2: Formula One 05, ToCA Race Driver 3
2007: PC: F1 Challenge '99-'02, rFactor - PS3: F1CE
2008: PC: rFactor
2009: PC: rFactor
2010: PC: rFactor - PS3: F1 2010, GT5
2011: PC: rFactor, iRacing - PS3: F1 2010, GT5
2012: Off-season
2013: PC: rFactor, iRacing
2014: PC: iRacing
2015: PC: iRacing - PS4: F1 2015, Project Cars
2016: PC: iRacing - PS4: F1 2015, F1 2016, Project Cars
2017: PS4: F1 2016, Assetto Corsa, F1 2017

Last time I touched GamePad in league racing was on PS3 with F1CE. I got MS Sidewinder wheel in 2007, G25 in 2010 and T300 in 2014.

I have driven mainly in only-Finnish leagues. Last season 2016-2017 I drove in international league, Front Row Racing(https://www.facebook.com/UkEuroF1Ps3League/?fref=ts) with F1 2016 and got 4 wins, and gathered points 3rd best. Came mid-season and thats why missed 4 races.

I have not calculated, but pretty good guess is that I have driven about 400-500 league races over the years. I 'm usually very slow in time trial and qualifying, but patience, racecraft and strategy are fine tuned to make results. I have used to win and drive alone to the distance, so those kind of wins does not make me too excited. Good battles and fair racing does. That´s why I joined AOR.

First I want to win a race, Let see what happens after that. I stream all races here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCj2FsUqLrPOAiXKUGlrDdA/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

MatGranc

Formula Karter
Aug 24, 2016
Simo, 27, Finland, PS4 Pro, T300+Ferrari F1 Add-on+T3PA

Games I have driven in leagues by year:

2006: PS2: Formula One 05, ToCA Race Driver 3
2007: PC: F1 Challenge '99-'02, rFactor - PS3: F1CE
2008: PC: rFactor
2009: PC: rFactor
2010: PC: rFactor - PS3: F1 2010, GT5
2011: PC: rFactor, iRacing - PS3: F1 2010, GT5
2012: Off-season
2013: PC: rFactor, iRacing
2014: PC: iRacing
2015: PC: iRacing - PS4: F1 2015, Project Cars
2016: PC: iRacing - PS4: F1 2015, F1 2016, Project Cars
2017: PS4: F1 2016, Assetto Corsa, F1 2017

Last time I touched GamePad in league racing was on PS3 with F1CE. I got MS Sidewinder wheel in 2007, G25 in 2010 and T300 in 2014.

I have driven mainly in only-Finnish leagues. Last season 2016-2017 I drove in international league, Front Row Racing(https://www.facebook.com/UkEuroF1Ps3League/?fref=ts) with F1 2016 and got 4 wins, and gathered points 3rd best. Came mid-season and thats why missed 4 races.

I have not calculated, but pretty good guess is that I have driven about 400-500 league races over the years. I 'm usually very slow in time trial and qualifying, but patience, racecraft and strategy are fine tuned to make results. I have used to win and drive alone to the distance, so those kind of wins does not make me too excited. Good battles and fair racing does. That´s why I joined AOR.

First I want to win a race, Let see what happens after that. I stream all races here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCj2FsUqLrPOAiXKUGlrDdA/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
Now I realise why you had thought you had a place in F1.... Seeing ur my teammate you automatically get priority on pitstops just on the amount of league races you have done :p