PS4 - AOR PS4 F8 League - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 F8 League - Main Thread

Feb 20, 2017
I have just seen this in the stewards post and personally do not believe this was intentional, more a mistake/miscalculation as to where seca was, and was going left to move off the racing line. It was the guys first race remember
I don't think the crash was intentional,he should be penalised,but getting booted is far too harsh in my opinion, it was the guys first race!,at monaco!

Feb 20, 2017
I don't think the crash was intentional,he should be penalised,but getting booted is far too harsh in my opinion, it was the guys first race!,at monaco!
He was letting everyone else past and was praised for how well he got out of the way in such a tricky place as monaco

AOR Davidben

Formula 3 Test Driver
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
@caddiedamus @Mcquiz95 @washy03 @James Boniface @Jolly76 @ZeQ420 @MrRobinhx @SnoopahVision @Soupcooler @denzamo @Seca @danio

Gents,

As you've probably seen, Clearbandit has been kicked and blacklisted from the F8 league for the incident that took place through the tunnels section of the Monaco GP. Yes, it was a silly move and caused seca some serious problems, I personally don't believe he intentionally went out of his way to ruin secas race, it was the guys first ever race and I believe he just didn't know which way to move with Seca coming behind him, he's admitted it was his error and has apologised more than once.

I don't believe he should be kicked from our league, can we have a vote, Agree - he should stay, Disagree - decision stands.

Me , Agree, he should stay but be punished some other way.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2017
I really dont think this was intentional everyone who raced that day had nothing but praise for how @Cleanbandit17 got out of the way he got overtook quite a few times. it was his first race and only got told he was in 3 hours before

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Just to clear things up.

Seca went to the left coming out of the tunnel and stayed there, he didn't duck back in or anything, he stayed to the left. This was the intention.

Cleanbandit moved left only once Seca was along side, and cruicially continued to stay left, moreover pushing him into the barrier and lifting his car off the ground until he was perpendicular to the racetrack, which, whichever you look at it, is not the way a race-car should be.

The stewards enquiry was made, and cleanbandit was given ample time - as is everyone - to defend his actions. Had he explained it was a mistake, or a misjudgement at the time, there may have been some leniency. Equally some evidence on his end if he had any, might've proven different.

The evidence provided, the lack of response from clean-bandit, and multiple moderators viewing it as a deliberate collision was enough.

The decision stands and will not be over-ruled.

Sep 18, 2017
Just to clear things up.

Seca went to the left coming out of the tunnel and stayed there, he didn't duck back in or anything, he stayed to the left. This was the intention.

Cleanbandit moved left only once Seca was along side, and cruicially continued to stay left, moreover pushing him into the barrier and lifting his car off the ground until he was perpendicular to the racetrack, which, whichever you look at it, is not the way a race-car should be.

The stewards enquiry was made, and cleanbandit was given ample time - as is everyone - to defend his actions. Had he explained it was a mistake, or a misjudgement at the time, there may have been some leniency. Equally some evidence on his end if he had any, might've proven different.

The evidence provided, the lack of response from clean-bandit, and multiple moderators viewing it as a deliberate collision was enough.

Just some snippets from the post race chat we all have

It was a first race at Monaco of all races

Screenshot_20171126-231051.jpg

Screenshot_20171126-231016.jpg

Screenshot_20171126-230959.jpg
Screenshot_20171126-230934.jpg
Screenshot_20171126-230709.png

Attachments

Cleanbandit17

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 14, 2017
Sorry
Just to clear things up.

Sorry mate, been working. It were my first race and it wasn't intentional I can guarantee that. I apologised to him straight after the race, but if there nothing that can be done I can apologise again and accept the decision.
Thanks everyone for the support, been a pleasure

Seca

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 15, 2016
For the record, I went to the Stewards with the intention of my time penalty being removed. I never suggested, hinted or chatted to any one, at any time, that it was intentional or about him receiving any kind of penalty. It is apparent now that @Cleanbandit17 apologized via the PSN chat. I NEVER saw it. I don't get on the chat often. I'm only a part of the chat so its easy to invite for the race. I prefer to do my race chats on here, in the league discussion forum. Some of you chat it up A LOT on PSN and its easy for messages to get buried. I am sorry @Cleanbandit17 got blacklisted but I had ZERO input towards that. I can only say that he was tagged twice and never responded. Had he, the penalty may have not been as severe.

Cleanbandit17

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 14, 2017
For the record, I went to the Stewards with the intention of my time penalty being removed. I never suggested, hinted or chatted to any one, at any time, that it was intentional or about him receiving any kind of penalty. It is apparent now that @Cleanbandit17 apologized via the PSN chat. I NEVER saw it. I don't get on the chat often. I'm only a part of the chat so its easy to invite for the race. I prefer to do my race chats on here, in the league discussion forum. Some of you chat it up A LOT on PSN and its easy for messages to get buried. I am sorry @Cleanbandit17 got blacklisted but I had ZERO input towards that. I can only say that he was tagged twice and never responded. Had he, the penalty may have not been as severe.
Sorry mate, I have been working all evening. I got home to find out I had been kicked from the league. I don't have notifications on my phone and only found out from the chat that I had been kicked after the Canada race.

This was my first ever race altogether and I only had 30 mins to learn the track.

Sorry about the incident, but It were more down to inexperience than intentional.

denzamo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 2, 2016
I also think this is to harsh of a punishment, and if Seca didn’t even report this how has this happened? This is the bottom tier of f1 bar the assists, it’s hardly the top tiers where the drivers are top class. Also some people work an awful lot like @washy03 and can’t get to check forum all the time. I can understand there reasoning for wanting to punish @Cleanbandit17, and for not replying but this has gone waaaay to far. Give him a race ban or two if you must, but to be kicked out is rediculous. In my opinion. Who in f8 wants him kicked? No one.

DemoN

rFactor 2 General Overseer
Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
No more comments on the matter are necessary. The decision was based on the incident alone, and with more background information matters change here somewhat.

If you'd all like to calm down now, you can wait for a revised verdict on this situation.

danio

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Premium Member
Feb 8, 2017
Now You talk better DemoN. :)

Dan Hawkins

AOR Owner
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
Sep 18, 2017
Prime example of why I hate off the site group chats etc. As the evidence is elsewhere and we aren't aware/it can't be reported (so we can see the content etc)....
I Completely understand that and will try to put more of the good and bad on here as often as possible going forward. Comments similar to this though were also spoken of in the R6 thread by @ZeQ420 @Slipstream and myself on here after the race.

ZeQ420

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 30, 2017
Prime example of why I hate off the site group chats etc. As the evidence is elsewhere and we aren't aware/it can't be reported (so we can see the content etc)....
True but it's a heck of a lot easier sometimes. I only use this site via a PC which is very slow and awkward, PS4 chat is where I get a lot of my league's updates/news and talk to the other guys. Convenience is key when you work 12-16 hour days for 6 days a week. (y)

Dan Hawkins

AOR Owner
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
True but it's a heck of a lot easier sometimes. I only use this site via a PC which is very slow and awkward, PS4 chat is where I get a lot of my league's updates/news and talk to the other guys. Convenience is key when you work 12-16 hour days for 6 days a week. (y)
Create Convo > Ensure email notifications are on > stay connected. Site is totally mobile responsive :)

Might be easier for communication. But also (not saying you are) fabricate apologies etc.