PS4 - AOR PS4 GT3 Elite League - S2 Car Selection | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 GT3 Elite League - S2 Car Selection

Bluerat

Formula 3 1st Driver
May 14, 2015
I agree chris the z4 isn't equal that all ti the other cars on grid u ran a full race in the z4 and mclaren and I am 20 sec off from the z4 times I know z4 will win all day long and it is going to be a big gap from the mclarens in race cud do with the faster guys who so already in elite league to have a slower car or all of us have the z4 to make it closer and fair
[DOUBLEPOST=1438764844][/DOUBLEPOST]
Have the audi m8 so u can have the z4 and chris can have mclaren
I actually was slower than the guys in the pro league last year so lets not just band all of last years Elite guys together yeah? ;-)

As for @Drastics, i'd imagine he'd still beat us all even if he was driving a push bike haha.

• Funny
Reactions: Lorrentz

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
The biggest problem competing against the Z4 isn't just the pace. Tyre wear difference is massive. In the Aston I have to pit for new tyres after 20 laps (24 laps if I'm very careful). The Z4 can do 35 laps quite easily. So I'm a pit stop disadvantage before you take in the Z4's strengths.
True about Drastics but I'd like to be able to say "I lost because I'm not fast enough" rather than..."I lost because my car isn't competitive enough"!

• Agree
Reactions: pete day

Tigerkart_22

AOR Podcast Quiz Multiple Winner
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2014
Still don't know what car I'm in :D

Well I've looked at the OP so I do now :D

#GoingSolo

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: pete day

iSuperScrub

4 Time AOR Project Cars 1 Champion
Mar 29, 2014
Haha all bumming Drastics but in all fairness out of the 5 races last season I would of said it comes down to how you drive the car and which track it is. Audi took 2 wins last season so it isn't impossible. I do admit it would be better just to run 1 type of car but then it wouldn't be GT Racing.

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Just back from Scotland Guys, sorry haven't been around looks like i'm picking the Aston :wacky:

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Good to c u bk m8 z4 for all I say
Cheers Pete got lots to catch up on around the forum and get some practice in before tonight and find a setup that wont kill me all before tonight lol

Tigerkart_22

Premium Member
Sep 14, 2014
I thought you picked the Merc mate? But feel free to pick something else if you want. Anything but the Z4 & the McLaren still have a spot free.

Nope you're free to run whatever livery you wish.
I picked the Merc as a backup for the Audi but I'm well happy in the Merc so I'll stay in that ;)

Sorry for confusing you

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
So by the sounds of it, people in this league would rather run a spec series with one of the cars than a GT3 field of several manufacturers...?

Bit late to start discussing that now to be honest when the league regulations have been known for a long time, the car selection is all done and the season is about to start - especially when everyone explicitly stated upon signing up that you agreed to the current rules & regulations...

Last edited:
Reactions: Elite_sultan

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I picked the Merc as a backup for the Audi but I'm well happy in the Merc so I'll stay in that ;)

Sorry for confusing you
Well since Du7cH picked the Aston there's still a spot in the Audi should you wish to take it :)

Tigerkart_22

Premium Member
Sep 14, 2014
So by the sounds of it, people in this league would rather run a spec series with one of the cars than a GT3 field of several manufacturers...?
I think that having different manufacturers is a good thing. @Lorrentz won the pro league last season in a Audi so there isn't a major disadvantage. In the Merc, I was losing 2-4 tenths in some corners to a Z4 but I could gain with better speed. I think we should see how dominant the Z4 is this round and make a desicion from that
[DOUBLEPOST=1438773261][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well since Du7cH picked the Aston there's still a spot in the Audi should you wish to take it :)
Nah I'm happy with my Merc now. Just a few things I needed to tweak with my setup and boom, into the 38s ;)

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014

Bit late to start discussing that now to be honest when the league regulations have been known for a long time, the car selection is all done and the season is about to start - especially when everyone explicitly stated upon signing up that you agreed to the current rules & regulations...

I tried to get to bring attention to this problem in the Updates and Notices thread on the 28th July but nobody bothered to debate it.
I signed up to Apex for Clean, fair, competitive racing 9 seasons ago and it has been great to date but this league, in my view, doesn't live up to Apex's moto, so with regret, I'm resigning. I hope that because the season hasn't yet started, that I won't be banned from any future leagues?

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I tried to get to bring attention to this problem in the Updates and Notices thread on the 28th July but nobody bothered to debate it.
I signed up to Apex for Clean, fair, competitive racing 9 seasons ago and it has been great to date but this league, in my view, doesn't live up to Apex's moto, so with regret, I'm resigning. I hope that because the season hasn't yet started, that I won't be banned from any future leagues?
Since the season hasn't started yet that's fair enough, although obviously not really appreciated that you'd mess us around by agreeing to the regulations, taking up a spot and then resigning last minute. But that's your decision.

Hopefully you'll be more happy to join any future one-car series that get organised here. Last season we obviously offered two types of leagues - with the GT3 leagues being a multi-car series (like it is this season - as everyone should be aware of) and the Formula leagues being a single car series, and I'm sure more news will be up about a second season of the Formula leagues in the near future if that's something you'd be more interested in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elite_sultan

pete day

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
So by the soitunds of it, people in this league would rather run a spec series with one of the cars than a GT3 field of several manufacturers...?

it wud b I good idea to run a one spec series to makes it more closer and better fun being equal
[DOUBLEPOST=1438776116][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wot a shame chris I have race with u for the 9 seasons m8 some good clear FAIR EQUAL racing
[DOUBLEPOST=1438776420][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think that having different manufacturers is a good thing. @Lorrentz won the pro league last season in a Audi so there isn't a major disadvantage. In the Merc, I was losing 2-4 tenths in some corners to a Z4 but I could gain with better speed. I think we should see how dominant the Z4 is this round and make a desicion from that
[DOUBLEPOST=1438773261][/DOUBLEPOST]

Nah I'm happy with my Merc now. Just a few things I needed to tweak with my setup and boom, into the 38s ;)
To b fair Lorrentz only winner pro league cuz I don't have wheel for two races and I get taken out at spa and I dominated the rest of the races by winning them and I can safely say the z4 is the better car around

Tigerkart_22

Premium Member
Sep 14, 2014
it wud b I good idea to run a one spec series to makes it more closer and better fun being equal
[DOUBLEPOST=1438776116][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wot a shame chris I have race with u for the 9 seasons m8 some good clear FAIR EQUAL racing
[DOUBLEPOST=1438776420][/DOUBLEPOST]
To b fair Lorrentz only winner pro league cuz I don't have wheel for two races and I get taken out at spa and I dominated the rest of the races by winning them and I can safely say the z4 is the better car around
It is the best car I agree. I mean at the hairpin, I lost two tenth and at turn 13, I lost 4 tenths. I think though it would be unfair for those who already have picked the BMW to then pick something else, which forces some drivers in other cars to repick and so on.

For example, if the front four then picked the McLaren, then all those using would be forced to pick something else, which might force the others to pick something else and so on.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Ok, first of all it's a shame Chris pulls out last minute but I can understand some peoples frustration. During last season it was getting obvious that the Z4 was OP compared to other cars but still it's possible for good drivers to be as quick or even quicker than the Z4 in other cars. Like Nervo did last season in Tier 1 in the Audi and I did on some tracks in the Audi.

I can understand people want clean fair competitive racing and even EQUAL racing but it's obvious GT3 is all about different car manufacturers so it would be stupid to race with only Z4's....it ain't cup racing....and Like Tigerkart said I think even in the RUF @Drastics would whoop our asses :)

I hope everyone will try his best and make it a good season again like last season. I still haven't done a single lap so at least everyone should whoop my ass tonight :D

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Bottom line is, it's way too late at this point to re-structure the whole format of how cars are allocated, how many drivers are allowed per car etc, when the season is just about to start. It's something that will be discussed again for future seasons I'm sure, but for now you'll have to get on with what you signed up for, try to make the best of it - maybe even try to enjoy the "realism" of a multi-manufacturer GT3 grid with cars that have differing strengths and weaknesses - and hopefully have some good racing along the way!

Elite_sultan

Ex Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 13, 2014
Ok, first of all it's a shame Chris pulls out last minute but I can understand some peoples frustration. During last season it was getting obvious that the Z4 was OP compared to other cars but still it's possible for good drivers to be as quick or even quicker than the Z4 in other cars. Like Nervo did last season in Tier 1 in the Audi and I did on some tracks in the Audi.

I can understand people want clean fair competitive racing and even EQUAL racing but it's obvious GT3 is all about different car manufacturers so it would be stupid to race with only Z4's....it ain't cup racing....and Like Tigerkart said I think even in the RUF @Drastics would whoop our asses :)

I hope everyone will try his best and make it a good season again like last year. I still haven't done a single lap so at least everyone should whoop my ass tonight :D
Like lorrentz said basically it's a gt series so things won't be equal and we all knew that. There is no point trying to change it now. Chris I'm thinking of setting up a little Monday night classic dtm series(the merc only) if you fancy that mate. Just for a laugh not an official AOR series.

Reactions: chris130256