PS4 - AOR PS4 GT3 Elite League - S2 Car Selection | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 GT3 Elite League - S2 Car Selection

Bluerat

Formula 3 1st Driver
May 14, 2015
If it's a huge deal I can switch to something else. I've had virtually no time to practice anyway so my setup is dog egg and my new places internet connection is like something from the dark ages anyway. I'll be lucky if it holds long enough to finish the race.

I honestly can't believe someone has quit over this though, that's just sad. I was soooooo much slower than everyone last year and we had a grid of less than 10 every race, and I still really enjoyed it.

I'll take the Audi if peeps don't mind? At least that way there is one less Z4 out there for people to bitch and moan about. At least then any points I pick up are mine and no one can go "oh well, you had the Z4 so that's why you finished 8th". Is that ok with everyone?

Looking forward to racing tonight though, it's going to be chaos :D.

Tigerkart_22

AOR Podcast Quiz Multiple Winner
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2014
If it's a huge deal I can switch to something else. I've had virtually no time to practice anyway so my setup is dog egg and my new places internet connection is like something from the dark ages anyway. I'll be lucky if it holds long enough to finish the race.

I honestly can't believe someone has quit over this though, that's just sad. I was soooooo much slower than everyone last year and we had a grid of less than 10 every race, and I still really enjoyed it.

I'll take the Audi if peeps don't mind? At least that way there is one less Z4 out there for people to bitch and moan about. At least then any points I pick up are mine and no one can go "oh well, you had the Z4 so that's why you finished 8th". Is that ok with everyone?

You don't have to change mate. Tbh I wouldn't say that you did well because of the Z4 :)

This will be a good race. There's a few of us running very similar pace which will lead to some good racing. Just a warning though, be careful with me at the Hairpin, the Merc is useless there :D

Reactions: Bluerat

Bluerat

Formula 3 1st Driver
May 14, 2015
@Pope might be up for taking the empty spot on short notice, he was too late to join up originally.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014

I think you should stick with the Z4 m8....we don't want a fight over the final free Z4 :D Like I said it's GT3 racing not cup racing people were aware of that when signing up. So just stick to your Z4 and let's have some good racing tonight :)

Bluerat

Formula 3 1st Driver
May 14, 2015
Haha sorry, the deal was that I take the Audi and no one else takes the Z4. If i'm honest though i'd probably prefer to do that now after all this agro haha :D

Pope

Formula Karter
May 26, 2015
Looks like I've managed to scrape into the tail of this league, so here's my car pick.

Car Preference #1: BMW Z4 ;-)
Car Preference #2: Aston Martin
Car Preference #3: Audi

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Looks like I've managed to scrape into the tail of this league, so here's my car pick.

Car Preference #1: BMW Z4 ;-)
Car Preference #2: Aston Martin
Car Preference #3: Audi
You'll have to take the Aston mate as I'm afraid the Z4's are all taken at this point.

I'll add you to the driver list now. Make sure you add the coordinators (@Du7cH / @Lorrentz) and the lobby host (@iSuperScrub) to your friends list before the race tonight. Good luck :)

Reactions: Pope

Pope

Formula Karter
May 26, 2015
You'll have to take the Aston mate as I'm afraid the Z4's are all taken at this point.

I'll add you to the driver list now. Make sure you add the coordinators (@Du7cH / @Lorrentz) and the lobby host (@iSuperScrub) to your friends list before the race tonight. Good luck :)
Happy days, thanks for allowing me in at such ridiculous short notice. I look forward to you all beating me (no set-up, new car, no practice..) later on tonight :)

Reactions: FisiFan91

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
So by the sounds of it, people in this league would rather run a spec series with one of the cars than a GT3 field of several manufacturers...?

Bit late to start discussing that now to be honest when the league regulations have been known for a long time, the car selection is all done and the season is about to start - especially when everyone explicitly stated upon signing up that you agreed to the current rules & regulations...

Errrr No.
Signed up for a multi team GT3 League.
[DOUBLEPOST=1438794125][/DOUBLEPOST]
I agree chris the z4 isn't equal that all ti the other cars on grid u ran a full race in the z4 and mclaren and I am 20 sec off from the z4 times I know z4 will win all day long and it is going to be a big gap from the mclarens in race cud do with the faster guys who so already in elite league to have a slower car or all of us have the z4 to make it closer and fair
[DOUBLEPOST=1438764844][/DOUBLEPOST]
Have the audi m8 so u can have the z4 and chris can have mclaren
The tyres are the difference, I could keep up with you 90% of the time until the tyres went last season.
[DOUBLEPOST=1438794356][/DOUBLEPOST]
I tried to get to bring attention to this problem in the Updates and Notices thread on the 28th July but nobody bothered to debate it.
I signed up to Apex for Clean, fair, competitive racing 9 seasons ago and it has been great to date but this league, in my view, doesn't live up to Apex's moto, so with regret, I'm resigning. I hope that because the season hasn't yet started, that I won't be banned from any future leagues?
Sorry to See You go but think You should have tried a few races before quitting, the Audi ain't to bad? Maybe should tried another car instead of the Aston.

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I had to quit before the start Ian. If I'd done it after a few races I'd have got banned. Plus I didn't find out how bad the Aston's tyre wear was with real time wear 'till after the car selection had closed. Deffo would have changed the car if I could have.

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Officially the car selection closed but surely until the first race You could still change mind ?

Pretty sure the super mods are approachable to change cars if spare cars available?

Just a shame Chris as you showed some good pace last season , the tyres went off for few cars last night practice.