PS4 - AOR PS4 GT3 Elite - Round 2 - Donington GP - 12/08/15 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 GT3 Elite - Round 2 - Donington GP - 12/08/15 @ 8:00pm

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Round 2 - Donington Park GP
GT3 Season 2

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 12th August 2015
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 37 Laps

In-game time-of-day information (x10 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 06:00
- Anticipated race start time: 09:20
- Anticipated race finish time: 19:20

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here. New for this season is the x10 time progression and that we have changed the tyre wear setting to Real.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Informed Absents:

Tigerkart_22

AOR Podcast Quiz Multiple Winner
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2014
I'm really loving this track. I've done a 1:27.8 which I'm quite proud of. I think the front runners (or runner if it's just Drastics) will be a high 25-low 26

Overtaking will be difficult around here. You have to hope someone will make a mistake which I'm sure they will around the hairpins at the end of the lap.

#600th Post ;)

Reactions: Lorrentz

pete day

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
The Mclaren is like a bus around here had a little practice and got a 27.9 with 60l of fuel I think I can get it down to a 26s or low 27s but I will nt b racing next week have a good race guys

evanzo7

Formula 3 Test Driver
Mar 8, 2015
I adore Donington, not expecting a high finish, I just want a consistent race. Last week was a real eye opener at how difficult this is. The Aston was a dream until the lights went out, no idea what happened but I hope I can be more comfortable this time around!

An0n

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2014
It's a great track, spent alot of time there over the years as it's a short drive away from where i live, worked there for a while and done alot of laps, not that any of this will help me in the online racing world :nailbiting:

Reactions: evanzo7

Sean B

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 6, 2015
Haven't done GT3 in a while - how vital are setups here? i Have no idea how to setup my car

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Haven't done GT3 in a while - how vital are setups here? i Have no idea how to setup my car
Pretty sure setups are important in all cars on this game tbh. I'm not sure it's AS important in the GT3 cars as in the Formula cars though. But some members have posted setups for their GT3 cars in the setup forum, so maybe you can find a good starting point there.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Quick Last-Minute Donington Briefing, For Some Reason:

Alright guys, I hope you're all ready for the race tonight!

As you have probably realised by now, Donington is a pretty tricky circuit in these cars, with narrow roads and quite a few high-speed bends. Due to this there are several sections of the track where it's difficult to go side by side, and where single-file is preferred, so patience will be an important factor in the race tonight. Don't try to rush your way past people just because you think you're faster - take your time, set up a pass if at all possible, and perform it cleanly. Or put the pressure on and wait for the driver ahead to make a mistake, which is very easy to do around here!

While qualifying will obviously be all about one-lap pace as always, this race will be a test of endurance and consistency as much as (if not even more than) flat-out speed. The race will not get won at the first corner, that's for sure. Whoever is able to keep up a reasonable pace most consistently throughout the race, and make the least mistakes, is likely to come away with a good result. So the track and the car is a challenge in itself, as much as the competitors around you!

So with those extremely wise (but probably pointless) words, I hope you all have an enjoyable race tonight, and good luck!

Reactions: Lorrentz

An0n

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2014
Well there goes my plan of Maldonado mode out the window then.

Graeme Weston

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 14, 2015
Who's hosting tonight not received invite.
[DOUBLEPOST=1439407727][/DOUBLEPOST]Is there a race tonight?.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Second most boring race :) fortunately some ppl made pitstops so i could gain a couple of places...in the last lap i was 7th but the happy lets go to the main menu bug popped up so i went deep into the gravel trap and lost 7th...but well this car is sooooo **** compared to the audi I bet i do a 26 after 3 laps in the audi lol but well have to sit out the season in the crappy mclaren i feel like jenson and alonso LOL

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Pace was there tonight just the consistency killed me and the car letting go after a pit stop with the tires on melt down, Not sure what happened at the last corner lofty you went wide and took me with you ??? Then you disappeared.