PS4 - AOR PS4 GT3 Pro - Round 1 - Nürburgring - 25/11/15 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 GT3 Pro - Round 1 - Nürburgring - 25/11/15 @ 8:00pm

Hugh263

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
Is there someone who broadcast the race live.? my friends want to watch the race but I don't have enough net speed to do it

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G850F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
Yes, @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o will be broadcasting. His PSN and twitch are the same: o-YOUNG-DAVE-o

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
What's up gents, just a quick few reminders for tonight... A drivers briefing if you will lol

Don't forget, this is only the first race and races (or championships for that matter) aren't won in the first corner. Also, since it will be WET, an extra layer of concentration is need to avoid any unnecessary incidents. Little bit of self control people! ;)

● Weather Conditions: This race will feature driving in the rain and fog, therefore make sure you have a button assigned for the Windscreen Wipers and Headlights.

Now, I understand that driving in these types of conditions can be tricky and your race may not be going your way, but please don't rage quit... Or shout down the mic! Any incidents will be dealt with AFTER the race.

If you really feel like giving up (And I'm hoping none of us will (y)) please can you use the 'Retire to Pit' option... Doing it that way will help when it comes to replays and results not being glitched and messed up lol

On that point, can everybody please make sure you save your race replays. This is very important as it will help with any stewards enquires that may occur. Also, if you haven't already, please make sure you've sent me a friend request on PSN. My PSN iD is Bankai_Bullett

@Newy656 @CragglesD @Barker95 @ANTONIOS1978 @chris130256 @Alex Varic @Prehn @mpc-v1 @David Harrop @mgdunn22 @Hugh263 @Milligan @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o @rickwales

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
well that ended quickly. Pad settings glitched, then disconnected during warm up when trying to sort it out. Thought I'd be invited back in but I wasn't so oh well although it's kinda sad considering how long I spent practicing :mad:. And sorry if I spoiled anyone's qualy, but I was literally driving on ice

Last edited:

Milligan

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jan 25, 2015
Wow! Can't believe I reach lap 28 having had a great race (apart from the dozens of mistakes) and my steering wheel disconnects and won't reconnect. Try change some wires, nothing happens. So I couldn't cary on.
[DOUBLEPOST=1448487056][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks for a great race until then. I was doing well with the wet tires and had very little tire ware, however when I switched to the medium slicks the car felt really unbalanced and I made a few mistakes in a row which cost me 2 positions. I am happy to see so many people racing and there are some very skilled drivers throughout the grid. Now I look forward to Donington and hope my wheel doesn't f*** up again.

CragglesD

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 22, 2014
Q 4th: R 6th (Game said 9th but was bugged)

Fuming! Had a great race in general. Spent the wet part of the race in 3rd, closely behind Chris and with Hugh behind me. Strategic error cost me the chance to win and an incident with Chris cost me a lot of time, but overall had a good pace, had some great defending battles with Hugh in the rain, and some great overtakes.

Because I had pitted for intermediates and then had to pit again from 2nd for dries, meant I was down in 6th. But fought my way up to 4th (going past @Newy656 around the outside to boot!) and was surprised to see Chris only 6s up the road with 3 laps to go. His tyres must have been dead as I was gaining over 2.5s/lap. Was easily going to regain 3rd, which would have been quite happy with.

But there was a backmarker, who, clearly also quicker than Chris, was all over him. I closed up behind them, and had been flashing the backmarker with my lights to warn him well before I get close. But he stayed on Chris's bumper.

Then on lap 29, going around the right hander to the back straight of sector 3, Chris must have gone wide, the backmarker went up his arse, and I had no where to go. Front of the car got smashed in and had to crawl to the pits. Finished 6th.

Annoyed. Deserved a podium for that race.

Note: It appears Chris hit an invisible wall. Unlucky man. However, if the backmarker hadn't been there, I would have had the space to avoid contact.

Well done to Hugh too for the win and making the right strategy call. Was fun battling you.

Last edited:

ANTONIOS1978

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 28, 2014
Q 1st , R 2ND

i had a great race with strong pace in rain, start 1st and managed to made a gup from 2nd. pitted lap 15 and a wrong desision with tyres cost me the win. pitted for second time . after that i was 5th but before the end was 2nd, try to close the gup from 1st but he had strong pace too. 2 nd place was good , well done to the winner and to the others drivers, see you in next race!!!

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
Well... That was largely a very good race. And almost incident free... ALMOST lol

Q: So I manage to haul my big beautiful Bentley around a hotlap, on for at least a 2:05xx, and I bring it home in... Wait for it... STONE DEAD LAST!!! Didn't get my lap in on time like a boss lol :cool:

R: Had a demon start off the line, since I was at the back, and gained a few positions into T1... Then proceeded to mosey on through the field, taking positions left and right, all the way up to 5th or 6th and fought with @Newy656, @mpc-v1 and had a nice little run with my team-mate @mgdunn22 for a few laps... Really happy with how my car felt in the wet too.

Then came the transitional period :nailbiting: Now, my front tires were dead... I mean, I've seen dinosaur fossils with more life in them lol
But, amazingly, they held on until L20 and I pitted for some new shoes. Then went on a 10 lap hunt, but just didn't have any dry pace, having set my car up for the wet lol

Interesting incident at the end leapt me up the order and I finished 4th... So happy days lol

In the race I noticed something and need to point it out...

I saw some cars with no lights on... You guys really MUST MAKE SURE you have your lights turned on in these types of conditions. Several times I couldn't see a car in front in the spray because there were no lights...
It's a safety thing more than anything else and I'm sure you wouldn't want your race affected by someone running into you because they couldn't see you. :)

If you guys can post your quali and race finishing positions, we can sort out the league tables ;)

Onto Donington then...

Milligan

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jan 25, 2015
I qualified 11th and in the race I got a DNF because of technical issues. Q 11th R DNF

Hugh263

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
Q3 & R1 :D

Had a good battle with @CragglesD for 3rd and was in two minds about staying behind or trying to dive past. Craggles' defence was great and he kept opening up a gap before the parts of the track I was quicker. The was a bump where I was too deep on the brakes but thankfully he saw me coming and was ready for me.

After the stop for slicks around lap 20, it was twitchy bum time as @ANTONIOS1978 bought the gap down from 8secs to 4secs
[DOUBLEPOST=1448493401][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks everyone for the good clean racing and to people for organizing it. 9 more to go!

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
Q3 & R1 :D

Had a good battle with @CragglesD for 3rd and was in two minds about staying behind or trying to dive past. Craggles' defence was great and he kept opening up a gap before the parts of the track I was quicker. The was a bump where I was too deep on the brakes but thankfully he saw me coming and was ready for me.

After the stop for slicks around lap 20, it was twitchy bum time as @ANTONIOS1978 bought the gap down from 8secs to 4secs
Well done on your first win bro (y)

Hugh263

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
Will anyone be uploading a video at all?

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
Will anyone be uploading a video at all?
Dunno... They might do, but the replays got screwed. Got caused by Milligan leaving I think. Problem that caused means EVERYBODY'S cars are now all different lol :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Milligan

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jan 25, 2015
Dunno... They might do, but the replays got screwed. Got caused by Milligan leaving I think. Problem that caused means EVERYBODY'S cars are now all different lol :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Really sorry about that, but there was no way I could have retired to pit box and was stuck on the pause menu.

o-YOUNG-DAVE-o

Reigning AOR PS4 GT3 Pro Champion
Nov 21, 2015
My race went amazingly, up until around lap 4. From 9th on the grid I took 3 cars when the lights went out, hugging the inside of turn 1 after a perfect start. On the second lap I made my way up to 5th behind @Hugh263 where I stuck with him for a lap or two. Then for about 15 consecutive laps I made huge mistakes which cost me 5 or 6 positions. There was a little coming together with one of the Bentleys going into the hairpin where we both lost time. I span trying to get back on the track which lost me even more time also. I could have had a better result if I could keep it on the track but the wet conditions clearly don't agree with me. Cheers for the race guys, it was fun, regardless of my inconsistencies. Looking forward to Donington in the dark. GG.

mpc-v1

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
Oct 20, 2015
Enjoyed my first race even with a few mistakes thrown in. Stayed on the track, which, after Monday and Tuesday nights practice seemed an impossibility. Happy with the 1 lap pace beating @Newy656 by just .001 in quaili. Race pace needs to be better. Had some good battles but made mistakes with pitstops. Started 5th, finished 9th.

Newy656

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
Premium Member
May 18, 2015
Q=7 R=3
Got an ok start but think young dave come flying past with a fantastic start, but was still 7th after car in front got away slow
Had little battle with mpc-v1 before he got out of shape through the Schumacher'ss

Got into 4th in the latter part of the race, with 5Laps to go craggles was closing in & finally pulled off a good move to get past only to have the incident with back marker, & with team mate chris having his problems I was gifted 3rd place, so realistically I should of come 5th

Think mpc-v1 was 6th if in Q thought!