PS4 - AOR PS4 GT3 Pro - Round 1 - Nürburgring - 25/11/15 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 GT3 Pro - Round 1 - Nürburgring - 25/11/15 @ 8:00pm

David Harrop

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 18, 2015
Q10 R7. Much more polite than public races where barging is a recognised overtaking tactic. Thanks guys for a really enjoyable racing experience - long may it continue!

Apologies to @mgdunn2 for a tap up the rear into turn 1 late on. Wasn't a massive hit so I don't think it did any damage (didn't to me anyway). I conceded the corner to you when you ran wide, but then you span in turn 2 right in front of the leader so I had to continue.

My first race over 10 laps, my first race without ABS or TC, my first race in the rain. Happy with the result. Roll on next week.

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Q.. 2nd
Race DNF

Kicking myself for not doing my intended strategy, which was to go to lap 20 on the rain tyres then switch to softs. By chasing Anton and keeping Craggles and Hugh at 2-4 seconds behind me, I burnt out the tyres too quickly. Came in lap 16 and put on inters which were fine for 8 laps but then became almost undrivable. It ended badly with me hitting an invisible wall near the end of lap 29. With team mate Newy and Craggles right behind me, the last lap would have been interesting, although I doubt I could of held them off?
A good 1st race (not for me) and well done to Huge for the win, Anton for 2nd and Newy for 3rd.

Barker95

AOR PS4 GT3 Semi-Pro S7 Champion
May 26, 2015
Q - was around 9th cant really remember.
R - On my screen it said 4th but i know @Bankai_Bullett beat me so i think i finished 5th havnt had time to look at my replay yet.
Was an interesting race even though i had to do about 17/18 laps with steering damage in the wet.(not fun)

CragglesD

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 22, 2014
Q.. 2nd
Race DNF

Kicking myself for not doing my intended strategy, which was to go to lap 20 on the rain tyres then switch to softs. By chasing Anton and keeping Craggles and Hugh at 2-4 seconds behind me, I burnt out the tyres too quickly. Came in lap 16 and put on inters which were fine for 8 laps but then became almost undrivable. It ended badly with me hitting an invisible wall near the end of lap 29. With team mate Newy and Craggles right behind me, the last lap would have been interesting, although I doubt I could of held them off?
A good 1st race (not for me) and well done to Huge for the win, Anton for 2nd and Newy for 3rd.
Ah so you did pit for inters too. I thought you were on dries when you were leading and I caught you before tapping you in turn 1 and costing us both loads of time. Because of the pace difference I thought you were on dries that hadn't come good yet, and that my inters were still stronger.

So only Hugh of the top 4 did the right thing and stayed out. The thing is, my wets had been OK compared to others who were complaining. And mid race I was catching you in 2nd. I may have been in a strong position if had stayed out considering I appeared to have managed my tyres better.

But I gambled thinking that it was better to go to inters sooner rather than later, so I pitted. Because the rear were getting more and more red I was thinking that maybe those that stayed on wets would suddenly find they had no grip at all and lose like 20s trying to crawl/spin to the pits! But it seemed they held on well. By the time Hugh pitted for dries he wasn't that far behind me. Then I hit Chris, gifting him the lead!

Still, the comeback to 3rd would have been satisfying if it weren't for the damn invisible wall.

The positive thing is to know that the league seems quite well match and I should be able to fight for the podium most races. Only question mark is whether Antonio will dominate in normal, dry conditions. However, he wasn't hugely quicker than is in the wet. I could see him ahead for a long time and he mostly pulled a bigger gap due to us fighting.

Reactions: chris130256

David Harrop

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 18, 2015
It looks like the initial results screen at the end of this video show the correct top 10. I am 6th there.
So @Bankai_Bullett, looks like @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o and I are both claiming 7th. Ruling?
[DOUBLEPOST=1448540738][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would suggest you finished 8th @David Harrop... Going by what's shown before the end race timer kicks in.
Ok by me, I'm in it for the racing rather than the results and I'd be confident that @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o finished ahead of me - hard to keep track when cars were falling off in the last couple of laps.

• Winner
Reactions: Bankai_Bullett

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
So @Bankai_Bullett, looks like @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o and I are both claiming 7th. Ruling?
Well, looking at the position counter on Dave's screen just before the end race timer kicked in and buggered everything up (MY FAULT! Should've set it longer) it says he's in 7th and you're 8th. And he didn't get passed on the last lap, so I am going to go with that...

Reactions: o-YOUNG-DAVE-o

CragglesD

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 22, 2014
Here's a video of the crash. Actually I hit Chris not the backmarker. We both hit him! Blinded but really wasn't much could do.

I'm the white, Bastier car.

• Informative
Reactions: Hugh263

ANTONIOS1978

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 28, 2014
Guys this video was me? nothing like that happened in mine view. what lap was? you can watch my video.

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G850F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
At the race finish. After Chris and another guy DNF
The results screen? Can't rely on that one because it bugged out... But I think I've got you finishing in 10th or 12th. mgdunn finished in 11th see...