PS4 - AOR PS4 GT3 Pro - Round 2 - Donington Park GP - 2/12/15 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 GT3 Pro - Round 2 - Donington Park GP - 2/12/15 @ 8:00pm

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Still hoping for a team toffee penny 1-2! Maybe A 1-14 would be good! Those dark conditions better benefit me!

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
What's up gents, drivers briefing time lol

Don't forget, this is only the second race and races (or championships for that matter) aren't won in the first corner. Also, since it will be PITCH BLACK, an extra layer of concentration is need to avoid any unnecessary incidents. Little bit of self control people! ;)

● Weather Conditions: Now then, this is a dry race, so wipers aren't needed. But headlights are! Make sure you've got a button assigned for their use.

Now, I understand that driving in these types of conditions can be tricky and your race may not be going your way, but please don't rage quit... Or shout down the mic! Any incidents will be dealt with AFTER the race.

If you really feel like giving up (And I'm hoping none of us will (y)) please can you use the 'Retire to Pit' option... Doing it that way will help when it comes to replays and results not being glitched and messed up lol
Also, if you have any technical issues (Invisible wall we can't do anything about) such as pad or wheel issues, if your can't fix it and your car is off track or well out the way, LEAVE THE CAR WHERE IT IS AND PLEASE DON'T QUIT THE LOBBY!
This happened last week and the replays were affected...

On that point, can everybody please make sure you save your race replays. This is very important as it will help with any stewards enquires that may occur.
Also, can everybody please either remember their quali + finishing position or take a screenshot. Just so it's as covered as possible lol
Now, if you haven't already, please make sure you've sent me a friend request on PSN. My PSN iD is Bankai_Bullett

@Newy656 @CragglesD @Barker95 @ANTONIOS1978 @chris130256 @Alex Varic @Prehn @mpc-v1 @David Harrop @mgdunn22 @Hugh263 @Milligan @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o @rickwales @SmudgerFez

• Informative
Reactions: David Harrop

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
Forgot to say...

When lapping a slower car, flashing your lights is acceptable. However, flashing lights to put off another driver is unacceptable and will be penalised (y)

Milligan

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jan 25, 2015
What a race guys! Had a great start after qualifying 6th and was feeling very good as I was consistently running quick in 3rd, however when pitting something changed, not sure what but my lap times were much worse and I was making too many mistakes. Near the end of the race @CragglesD was catching very quickly and was right on my rear bumper and boy was it tense. CragglesD defiantly deserved 3rd, however 2 costly mistakes cost him. Somehow I finished 3rd which must be an early Christmas present.

Q6 R3

P.S. Must say that I would appreciate if people turned their controller speaker off as hearing multiple pit engineers is very distracting. Thanks. I look forward to the wet Zolder!

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Q14 R12
Well i'm kind of pissed off about that. It took me something in the region of 15 attempts and 22 laps to overtake @SmudgerFez. Some were my fault, but most of the time I was simply turned into, and I think I lost about a minute trying to overtake. I did get the most spectacular start ever though, I got sandwiched, did a perfect 360 and then went round the outside of a few people ending up in 8th. Then there was a crash that I think I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, but it happened too quickly, and I had to pit (losing me about a minute) and then at my actual pitstop I got refueled despite saying I didn't want any fuel, losing 11th place. Slightly disapointing, but the next few rounds should be good, at Z4 type of rounds.

CragglesD

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 22, 2014
Q 4th : R 4th

A very scrappy race by me so have to be happy with 4th, but should have had 3rd easily but bottled it twice when I'd finally caught @Milligan, which was a shame as could have been a nice scrap.

Happy with quali, and made a good start but I've watched the replay and have to say sorry to young dave cos I totally messed up turn one. I moved to the right at the start and then got stuck together with chris on my right, who also made a good start. By the time I got free of him, I'd been distracted and totally missed the braking for turn one, turned left away from those ahead of me and go sliding off the track, taking dave with me.

I rejoined in 10th and then proceeded to repeatedly make progress only to mess up again. I had to pass prehn and newy a couple of times, at least!

Eventually I was in 6th, I think, a few seconds ahead of @Newy656 and 14s behind Barker. Pitted on lap 22, after getting up to 2nd briefly. After the pit phase I found myself suddenly in 4th, 14s behind Milligan.

At times the gap to Milligan was quite stable but bit by bit I took time out of him. Then he made an error and the gap dropped to 5s. After that I was gaining a second a lap. By lap 31 I was right on him. Thought, this I'll be a nice battle but was confident with 9 laps to go I'd get 3rd, which would be fantastic.

Then I screw up in turn 4 (I think - the second braking zone, 3rd gear right hander). I broke earlier than normal to not hit Milligan, but then got the line wrong and went into a massive slide. Then a back marker hit my rear - not his fault, no where to go.

After that the tyres had overheated and I had some damage making the car feel wobbly. I was now 5s behind Milligan again but collected myself and by lap 38 I was within a second again. Last lap, I spin in the exact same place again! 3rd place lost.

Well done Hugh. Dominated it seemed.

CragglesD

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 22, 2014
@Bankai_Bullett is there a parked car on the straight in your video?
Yes there is on mine. This is what bankai hits on lap 2, so appears to be the "invisible wall". It may be that when a car disconnects (the standing car was rick's) that the car remains there for at least one lap.

Newy656

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
Premium Member
May 18, 2015
Happy to start 5th on grid, got a good start but got knocked off track at T1 & when coming back on got 5 sec corner cut penalty

That put me down to 11th behind @CragglesD , as various others made mistakes followed craggles through the field to get upto 5th place

On Lap 22 got rear ended on the 2nd to last hairpin & got aero damage but luckily 1 more corner & I was in the pits to get fixed

Came out think still in 5th chasing craggles but just couldn't get closer making small mistakes but still happy with for 5th

... 5th place & still get lapped, how the the hell? Unbelievable pace, well done again @Hugh263

Last edited:

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
So...... I'm still raging at the f**king game....

Shall sort most everything out tomorrow....

Night all...

mpc-v1

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
Oct 20, 2015
Well, had a rough race. Started badly when I was touched off the start line which put me into the pitwall and put the steering well out. Pitted at the end of lap one to get repairs then worked my way back upto 10th. Let the leaders though only to find one of them spin in front of me and pick up more damage. Another stop for repairs left me a lap down on 9th place. Roll on the next race.

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Quali 9th race 14th

Didn't get a lap in and ended up 1.5 seconds off my 1.27.5 pb

Race
got up to 5th at one point but my eyes started streaming due to straining looking at the dark screen. This always happens to me with night races, and it looks as though there are 3 more this season, so no point me doing these races. These conditions don't make for good racing anyway and its not very realist. Do the real series do night racing? Maybe one such race during a season but not 4 or 5 for us!
Well done Hugh for the win.

Milligan

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jan 25, 2015
Personally I enjoy night races and GT3 series in real life do night races, however I must admit that doing a night race at Donington is just a bad idea. Dubai will suit it more as it is a wider track and is much more forgiving.

• Agree
Reactions: David Harrop

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
Well, had a rough race. Started badly when I was touched off the start line which put me into the pitwall and put the steering well out. Pitted at the end of lap one to get repairs then worked my way back upto 10th. Let the leaders though only to find one of them spin in front of me and pick up more damage. Another stop for repairs left me a lap down on 9th place. Roll on the next race.
You finished 10th dude, because I was 11th and you were the guy in front on my position counter...

Hugh263

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
Q:1 R:1 & Fastest lap!!!

Didn't expect to get into the 26's so that was a nice surprise!

Luckily I had a clean get away and didn't get caught up with anyone in turn 1. There must have been a bit of a battle for P2 for the first few laps which helped me open up a bit of a gap and I got into a bit of a rhythm around lap 5.

Pitted on lap 20 with Cool Beans team mate @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o at the same time (we double stacked) which was pretty cool!

The second half was all about keeping that gap back to P2 and navigating the back markers. Thanks to all that saw me coming (big relief to see you move over (y)) and thanks for the messages guys!

Cool Beans 1, 2!!! :D

rickwales

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Nov 18, 2015
Sorry guys it disconected after one ok lap. Got back in only to drop out again. Rebooted router and checked connection which was all fine but. Couldn't get back in then ran out of time as race had started. As a matter of interest did I qualify 16th

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
Sorry guys it disconected after one ok lap. Got back in only to drop out again. Rebooted router and checked connection which was all fine but. Couldn't get back in then ran out of time as race had started. As a matter of interest did I qualify 16th
Well.... Kind of lol You didn't post a time since you DSC so technically you were last...